Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 07:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,999 times

Advertisements

Hi there, my name is Rosie, i am 20 years old and am contimplating moving to California.

I currently live just outside of London, and lived in Leeds (another city) for two years for university. I am no stranger to expensive city life! was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on what the best places are, to move to, and any good websites that shows places to rent etc..

It would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Rosie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 07:44 AM

31 posts, read 126,431 times
well what ive been trying to do is going on a couple sites like: Apartments for Rent and Homes for Rent Move.com Apartments.com - Free Nationwide Apartment Search with the Most Visual Rental Listings Online. <-- a personal fave Apartments for Rent - All Apartments Nationwide: Apartment Search by ApartmentCities.com and when you figure out a town that sounds good you can just type "apartments for rent in that town" into google and lots of different sites pop up!
I to am trying to move to california by the end of the year so im looking on rental sites and then putting the address into google satellite maps then looking at the community! it seems to be a good idea but then again not everywhere has a map on there!

best wishes on ur look/find cuz im still confused as to the best areas and ive been looking for quite awhile now!

Old 05-06-2008, 08:18 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosidown View Post
Hi there, my name is Rosie, i lived in Leeds (another city) for two years for university.
Why are you contemplating moving to California?
What did you study in college?
What line of work are you in?
What is your budget for rent?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,934 times
Default Moving to California...

Hi Rosi - California is pretty big. I've lived here all my life and lived in London for a short while (everything seems bigger here). No offense to anyone, but Southern California seems a lot more "materially oriented" to me than Northern California. What you wear, drive, live in, etc. matters more. Northern California is a little slower paced overall. Central California is pretty boring if you ask me (again...no offense, just my opinion).

I would start with narrowing down to Southern, Northern, or Central and then move in from there. Northern California has San Francisco, Sacramento, Davis (where I live), all of the coastal towns (very slow paced). There is access to many outdoor activities (beaches, camping, biking, skiing, hiking, surfing, etc). Suppose it is going to depend on what type of lifestyle you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:26 PM

215 posts, read 976,894 times
Default Immigrations?

FYI - I hope you have sorted out your visa, you can not work here with only a 90 day visitor's visa.

Good Luck.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:42 PM

85 posts, read 283,707 times
yes the first thing would be to apply for a visa, otherwise it s a nogo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California