Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 08:37 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,292,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Local police need to be on good terms with every law-abiding person in their jurisdiction ... including illegals.
We do need a chuckle in these hard times.

Quote:
Long proven that illegals commit less crime than citizens.
Holup, you mean to tell me it's well documented that undocumented commit less crime?! You're on to something. I bet you that report says Santa Ana Is way safer than Irvine too, East LA and Compton are probably safer that Coto by this logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 09:11 PM

21,765 posts, read 16,410,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_210 View Post

Holup, you mean to tell me it's well documented that undocumented commit less crime?! You're on to something. I bet you that report says Santa Ana Is way safer than Irvine too, East LA and Compton are probably safer that Coto by this logic.
Hook, line, and sinker ... I’ve been waiting for you to take the bait ... from the Cato Institute, an organization generally biased against illegal immigrants:

Research Showing Lower Crime Rates
Alex Nowrasteh, with the libertarian Cato Institute, analyzed the Texas data to make a comparison of immigrants in the country illegally and native-born residents. ... “The arrest rate for illegal immigrants was 40 percent below that of native-born Americans.

In addition, he wrote, the homicide arrest rate for native-born Americans was “about 46 percent higher than the illegal immigrant homicide arrest rate.”

Other research from the Cato Institute attempted to provide national estimates. ... The research concluded: “Illegal immigrants are 47 percent less likely to be incarcerated than natives.” (And legal immigrants are even less likely to be in jail or prison.)

Cato, June 4: If native-born Americans were incarcerated at the same rate as illegal immigrants, about 930,000 fewer natives would be incarcerated. Conversely, if natives were incarcerated at the same rate as legal immigrants, about 1.5 million fewer natives would be in adult correctional facilities.

Another study, “Does Undocumented Immigration Increase Violent Crime?,” which was published in the journal Criminology in March, looked at the influx of undocumented immigrants into communities in recent decades and concluded, “Increased concentrations of undocumented immigrants are associated with statistically significant decreases in violent crime
.”

And more, from the University of Wisconsin:

Undocumented immigrants far less likely to commit crimes in U.S. than citizens
December 7, 2020 By Chris Barncard
Crime rates among undocumented immigrants are just a fraction of those of their U.S.-born neighbors, according to a first-of-its-kind analysis of Texas arrest and conviction records.”
https://news.wisc.edu/undocumented-i...than-citizens/

And more from the Police Foundation:

Undocumented Immigration and Rates of Crime and Imprisonment: Popular Myths and Empirical Realities
by Rubén G. Rumbaut
Introduction
The perception that the foreign-born, especially “illegal aliens,” are responsible for higher crime rates is deeply rooted in American public opinion and is sustained by media anecdote and popular myth. ...

But these perceptions are not supported empirically; instead, as demonstrated below, they are refuted by the preponderance of scientific evidence. Both contemporary and historical stud- ies, including official crime statistics and victimization surveys since the early 1990s, data from the last three decennial censuses, national and regional surveys in areas of immigrant concentration, and investigations carried out by major government commissions over the past century, have shown instead that immigration is associated with lower crime rates and lower incarceration rates.
https://www.policefoundation.org/wp-...pendix-D_0.pdf

I can go on with many more studies and links ...

Old 03-11-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:

This comment demonstrates with absolute clarity that you have zero grasp of how the science of logic works ... too funny. Utter disconnect from rational use of correlation. Specious subsets cannot be applied to universal statistics.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:54 PM

11,626 posts, read 6,086,967 times
Wow, I guess CNN are just liars. When I click the link, the tab says "New York and California saw an exodus in 2020.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/succe...mic/index.html

That full link reads, https: // www.cnn.com/ 2021/02/01/success/new-york-california-exodus-2020-pandemic/index.html

Note the middle part with "new-york-california-exodus-2020".

Liars!

Old 03-12-2021, 07:13 AM

26,768 posts, read 26,897,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Talk about a misleading headline...all it basically confirms is that California continued to drain people at the same rate as in years prior.
Where are the numbers that support that?

Population of California in 1990: 29.5 million
In 1995: 31.4
In 2000: 33.6
In 2005: 35.7
In 2010: 37.2
In 2020: 39.9

Old 03-12-2021, 09:58 AM

85 posts, read 71,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
If you're family oriented and are middle class, Texas makes a lot of sense. You can own a brand new house in a school district for $300-400k, and still be near a major city that has the majority of the day-to-day amenities you left.
Not fond of Texans and don't want a massive house. I am content living in a European style flat.

Quote:
Florida makes sense for this to an extent, but Florida (really just South Florida) has that vibe similar to many areas of CA where it's the DINK or bachelor lifestyle. Although it's a more common way of living in the major Texas cities nowadays, it's not as integrated into the culture like in SoFL or coastal CA.
Exactly why I would go to South Florida; I want the California Beach scene.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Broads? What is this, 1955?
I am not a liberal passive aggressive anglo saxon (proud ethnic Mexican).

Old 03-12-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
Honestly, if you want to blame anyone for this, it's the CA Republican Party, which went on an all-out rampage during the late 1980s through the early 2000s when it came to social issues.

--They supported attacking immigrants and blocking them from using emergency rooms (Prop. 187)
--They supported banning gay marriage in 2000 (Prop. 22) and 2008 (Prop. 8)
--The anti-gay vociferousness of Republican assemblyman, state senators and congressman was ugly (Bob Dornan, Pete Knight, Darryl Issa, Dana Rohrabacher, William Dannemeyer, et. al.) Some of the things these men have said and done are completely hideous!
--They have voted against reproductive choice, repeatedly.

A lot of people have long memories and don't easily forget things!

If the CA GOP had steered clear of the social issues and simply focused on the fiscal issues, it would be a different story today.
Dam i love all those drives. Too bad I detest the Republicans because it's full of WASPs and how socially inept most retardican leaders are.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:38 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,292,119 times
Quote:
This comment demonstrates with absolute clarity that you have zero grasp of how the science of logic works ... too funny. Utter disconnect from rational use of correlation. Specious subsets cannot be applied to universal statistics.
Nobody here agrees with you lol. Well maybe 2 other people.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Nobody here agrees with you lol. Well maybe 2 other people.
As with most of what you post, this is a vacuous, unsubstantiated personal opinion you desire to believe.

You attacked with false statements. I responded with verifiable rebuttal data. You apparently have hit a dead end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California