Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 07:44 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
At least today 25% can still buy a home whereas in 2005, it was 3%. Can't help wonder if we're heading down that road again.
only 3% should have been able to afford homes back then but then they just started lending to anyone regardless of affordability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 11:01 AM

10,346 posts, read 8,561,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
I find it amazing how many of these posters live allegedly “super happy lives” yet are on here constantly complaining about a place they don’t live. I think TX is a craphole, but guess how many posts I have in TX forums. I am too busy loving and living in California to waster time being negative about a random state. So weird.

How can you be so happy, yet have all this negative energy.
So several posts about why are you posting here. Again I’ll repeat what I’ve posted several times. What goes on in the state affects my family and friends. So I’m concerned about them. Maybe all of you don’t care about others, just yourselves. I also had some business in California still so I was back enough to see changes and make comparisons.
What’s funny is you all say your so happy here in California and that others waste time posting here, yet here you all are getting butt hurt about what someone out of state who you don’t know or don’t care about posts something about California. The implied insecurity goes both ways. Your so happy, why would you care what someone else thinks? Especially to a point where you can’t ignore it and are spending just as much time on the internet always complaining about other posters and defending California. If you’re too busy loving the state, why are you on the internet so much concerned about what others think.
I’ve said many times before you can easily use the ignore feature on posters that you think rain on your parade, yet you don’t.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:03 AM

21,728 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
So several posts about why are you posting here. Again I’ll repeat what I’ve posted several times. What goes on in the state affects my family and friends. So I’m concerned about them. Maybe all of you don’t care about others, just yourselves. I also had some business in California still so I was back enough to see changes and make comparisons.
What’s funny is you all say your so happy here in California and that others waste time posting here, yet here you all are getting butt hurt about what someone out of state who you don’t know or don’t care about posts something about California. The implied insecurity goes both ways. Your so happy, why would you care what someone else thinks? Especially to a point where you can’t ignore it and are spending just as much time on the internet always complaining about other posters and defending California. If you’re too busy loving the state, why are you on the internet so much concerned about what others think.
I’ve said many times before you can easily use the ignore feature on posters that you think rain on your parade, yet you don’t.
Why are you so concerned about others being concerned about posters being concerned over other posters’ concerns?

Old 05-25-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
Really? I don’t find it odd at all I am complaining about you complaining. Your complaining brings down the overall quality of the discussions and doesn’t add much to discussion. Furthermore, since you no longer live here, you have nothing to complain about. The alleged problems that you are happy to have avoided are mostly the same tripe repeated by several posters who no longer live here. And you don’t even know if they are still true as you have moved.

The fair-minded posters flag the problems themselves and give them a fair view. They also point out the positives and how those two forces counteract eqch other so people can make informed opinions.

Garbage troll posts do not accomplish that. I am not saying you are a troll, as I don’t remember reading anything by you. But there are multiple consistent trolls here.

When people come and ask honest questions about neighborhoods and areas, these posters provide one liners, which are mostly foxnews talking points.

That is not helpful and their posts drown out posters who actually want to be helpful.

So no, it is not odd at all that I am complaining about out of staters complaining.
There’s a difference between complaining and simply stating facts. If someone posts something that isn’t 100% painting California as perfect, you think it’s complying. If someone makes a point about droughts or forest fires, it’s not a complaint, it’s reality.
As far as helpful, I’ve responded to posters asking about areas in California I’ve lived in or know well. Some things are good and some aren’t. That’s more helpful to be honest so that person can make a better decision. But to you it’s complaining, not honest truth. That’s not helpful to the person asking about neighborhoods and areas.
But posters like you ignore anything I say good about the state and cherry pick posts that state the cons.
Again all you super sensitive posters can use the ignore feature and live your happy lives, but never do.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Why are you so concerned about others being concerned about posters being concerned over other posters’ concerns?
Ha ha, you got me on that one.
Bet you can’t say that 3 times really fast

Old 05-25-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Ha ha, you got me on that one.
Bet you can’t say that 3 times really fast
You’re right I can’t ... and good you took it the way I intended

Old 05-26-2021, 07:50 AM

83 posts, read 95,195 times
Quote:
There’s a difference between complaining and simply stating facts. If someone posts something that isn’t 100% painting California as perfect, you think it’s complying. If someone makes a point about droughts or forest fires, it’s not a complaint, it’s reality.
As far as helpful, I’ve responded to posters asking about areas in California I’ve lived in or know well. Some things are good and some aren’t. That’s more helpful to be honest so that person can make a better decision. But to you it’s complaining, not honest truth. That’s not helpful to the person asking about neighborhoods and areas.
But posters like you ignore anything I say good about the state and cherry pick posts that state the cons.
Again all you super sensitive posters can use the ignore feature and live your happy lives, but never do.
Right and imagine every disgruntled liberal who could barf up vitriol about Texas’ failing infrastructure? About their reliance on federal aid during natural disaster despite adamantly wanting to be rid of federal input? About how you’re far more
Likely to suffer financial damage from hurricanes, flooding, tornadoes in tx than fires or earthquakes or drought in ca. About how crooked and chicken **** tx politicians are. You think newsom eating without social distance is bad? The coward cruz fled to Cancun to avoid turmoil in his home state. I digress, I can’t even post home
Improvement questions on some forums without people coming out of the wood works to bash California. It’s embarrassing, and confusing, and sad as ****.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:02 PM

46 posts, read 55,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I agree. That’s why while I love Idaho I’m renting here for at least a year. Only a idiot would buy a house right now.
You need to understand some people are not in your position and must buy a house by a certain date or suffer severe tax consequences. They may have sold a little before this recent red hot market. I know of someone of modest income who is a 100% rated disabled Veteran who sold a home to downsize but must purchase by the end of the year or lose their disability payments because the windfall profit will have to be counted as income for that year.

Old 05-26-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinvibe View Post
You need to understand some people are not in your position and must buy a house by a certain date or suffer severe tax consequences. They may have sold a little before this recent red hot market. I know of someone of modest income who is a 100% rated disabled Veteran who sold a home to downsize but must purchase by the end of the year or lose their disability payments because the windfall profit will have to be counted as income for that year.
While you are correct about some people needing to buy within certain time frames, 100% rated VA disability does not have any other income contingencies. This is because VA disability pay is defined as “compensation” [for damages], same as insurance settlements for injuries are not taxable “income”.

Sounds like you may have misunderstood the income source. There are, for example, income offsets for Social Security disability income. Perhaps your friend is receiving both VA and SSDI and the SSDI is at risk. I have over 30 years experience assisting veterans with claims ... but I can’t speak to the SS issues much.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:11 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogoowoo View Post
Right and imagine every disgruntled liberal who could barf up vitriol about Texas’ failing infrastructure? About their reliance on federal aid during natural disaster despite adamantly wanting to be rid of federal input? About how you’re far more
Likely to suffer financial damage from hurricanes, flooding, tornadoes in tx than fires or earthquakes or drought in ca. About how crooked and chicken **** tx politicians are. You think newsom eating without social distance is bad? The coward cruz fled to Cancun to avoid turmoil in his home state. I digress, I can’t even post home
Improvement questions on some forums without people coming out of the wood works to bash California. It’s embarrassing, and confusing, and sad as ****.
Highly arid, majority-minority states that border a poor, violent Third World country (i.e., Mexico) are nothing special (and never have been, IMO). Thankfully, there are only three of them in this country: CA, NM and TX. Accordingly, there are 47 other states, many of which are lovely and offer a vastly superior quality of life. Every conversation or matchup does need to devolve into a CA vs. TX matter.

Last edited by Bert_from_back_East; 05-26-2021 at 06:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California