Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 07:20 PM

11 posts, read 63,635 times

Advertisements

im wanting to move up to SLO county at the end of this month. however, i'm currently living in Hollywood and my only means of looking for housing is through google and craigslist. i found two through craigslist so far but no luck with the renting websites on google. the thing is my target range is under $900 so people don't seem to bother posting a place that low on rental websites it looks like. I also have a dog. is there any agencies that takes care of stuff like this? i would really like to have at least half dozen places to check out when i make my drive up there this weekend. thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 10:50 PM

598 posts, read 2,074,988 times
I called ahead and scheduled a bunch of places for the weekend. I also took my computer with me and refreshed craigslist a million times. I called any #s listed and asked if I could come out the next day. Made a mega-spreadsheet to keep track.

Also, check out all the realty companies listed on this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/california/307910-apartments-slo.html

Since you’re from CA, you may not be as shocked as I was about the housing situation. The thing is – apts are competitive! They have more people than places to live so they feel absolutely no obligation to sell you anything, give you any information or clean the place before you get there.

Also, the dog thing might be an issue. A lot of places didn't want pets. Good luck!!!

Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 PM

sorry, the link is broken. could i get a working one please? no luck with forum search. i agree about the housing situation. although the apartment i live now has always a vacancy, even though its in downtown Hollywood... because it really is a truly crappy apartment. i found a place on Cayucos for $800, all util included and a private backyard (deal breaker) however it's just two blocks from highway 1. what's the traffic like on highway 1? i'm trying to get away from dust and smog of LA, not live right next door to it.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:26 PM

Whoops, here is what that post said:

//www.city-data.com/forum/3484457-post3.html

Hi, I am having the exact same problem, in looking for a place for my sister. But, here are all the links I have been using. Hopefully, they will help you.
Let me know!! Good Luck!!

California-West, Inc.: real estate management (http://www.california-west.com/index.php - broken link)

Plus Property Management - The #1 property management service on the California Central Coast

http://www.popemgt.com/cgi-bin/rental/lotview.cgi

Signature Properties | Arroyo Grande Property Management (http://www.signatureproperties1.com/html/properties/rentals.htm - broken link)

SAN LUIS OBISPO CA Rentals, housing, property management – San Luis Obispo Realty (http://www.san-luis-obispo-realty.com/RentalsAvailable - broken link)

Current Rental Listings, San Luis Obispo California, Farrell Smyth

McNamara Real Estate: Manage, buy, rent, or lease a house, apartment or commercial property in San Luis Obispo, CA.

Castle Keepers Property Management (broken link)

JDR Property Management

REG Property Management - Rentals - Management - HOA - Vacataion - Maintenance (http://www.regmgmt.com/CurrentRentals.html - broken link)

Old 05-22-2008, 07:31 AM

169 posts, read 764,843 times
Thanks Itlchick for reposting what I had originally sent you!! Good example of paying it forward!! Did it work out well for you?

Old 05-22-2008, 02:58 PM

wow i just went thru every sinle number on that listing. zero luck with a place that will allow dogs... *tear

Old 05-22-2008, 07:01 PM

Yeah, I saw tons of places that wouldn't allow pets too.

It did work out for me! I got a place downtown for the amount I wanted to spend. It's clean. But it. is. small. Shoebox small. Oh, well! Thanks so much for those references, that's where I ended up finding success!

Old 05-23-2008, 02:55 PM

182 posts, read 927,649 times
Arrow pet permitted rental...

$1200 / 1br - Outside PET OK!! Peaceful QUIET Immaculate Arroyo Grande Village
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-05-08, 11:56AM PDT

Hello!

I have for rent 2 immaculate units on an acre in Arroyo Grande, a five minute walk from the Village. It is very peaceful and quiet; 4.5 miles from the beach; 10 minutes from SLO with access by freeway or by the back roads (no traffic), 10 minutes from Lopez Lake; 15 minutes to Santa Maria.
The units are each approx.700sf, new carpet, new paint in & out, new appliances, ceiling fans, etc. Each unit has a completely different floor plan and each has a private easy to care for fenced yard and porches. Pets, horses, chickens, etc., welcome on approval. Sorry, no garages. Space available to erect your own shed/structure for storage.
Rent is $1200 per month single occupant for the 1 bedroom unit (pets additional). $2400 deposit. you pay all utilities. Phone interview, credit/background check with application, one year lease.
If you value peace and tranquility, privacy, country living on a well maintained property cared for by a great landlord, this is the place for you!
I am looking for clean, quiet, mature, stable, responsible tenants. No smoking, no drugs, no partying please.
Feel free to contact me with questions. 805-704-1645. Thank you!
Lee 805-704-1645

================================================== ===================

221 Corbett Canyon Road at Branch St. google map yahoo map
cats are OK- purrr
dogs are OK- wooof
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 673050159
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California