Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:04 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times

Advertisements

This week stater bros is selling honeysuckle turkeys for.37 lb (butterball is .47 lb) providing you buy $25.00 in food (not incl turkey).Certain restrictions apply.Food 4 less is selling turkeys from $4.00-$8.00 ea providing you buy $10.00 in groceries.$4.00=1-9 lbs,$6.00=10-19 lbs,$8.00=20 lbs & up.Overall food 4 less is your best value for your dollar then staters.Staters has gotten wayyy out of control with their food prices.Unfortunately i did most of my turkey day shopping at staters & i should of first read the food 4 less ad when i got it in the mail.My bro in law & i went to food 4 less today.I did buy some food at walmart & food 4 less today so it wasnt a total loss.I will know better next month for xmas dinner.Avoid shopping at stater bros if you can.Now that gas is lower i will be shopping mainly at food 4 less & walmart.Stater bros can sit on it & rotate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 08:35 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,014,209 times
Every grocery chain normally has sales around the Holidays. Personally, I would skip Food 4 Less - reminds me of a warehouse, and Wal-Mart ....... well, I don't shop there for anything. I'd choose Stater Bros.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
Every grocery chain normally has sales around the Holidays. Personally, I would skip Food 4 Less - reminds me of a warehouse, and Wal-Mart ....... well, I don't shop there for anything. I'd choose Stater Bros.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Food 4 less & walmart have better prices then stater bros.Food 4 less is roomy & big.I doubt it very much if ill be shopping at crater bros unless i see something i like thats on sale.It cost me 1 gal of gas roundtrip to drive to f4l & walmart.Thats about 2 bucks (4 now).Ill save much more overall plus ffl & walmart has more food items & walmart is your one stop store.I go to the one in Banning,ca.Its a super walmart.Stater bros pretty much controls this area (yucaipa,calimesa) so i gotta drive 10 miles to get better deals.Its well worth it.I just regret spending 30 bucks at staters when i could of gotten the same items & a bigger turkey for around $16.00-$18.00. It all comes down to personel choice.I hate vons,albertsons,ralphs & fresh n easy.Can you say....rippoff!

Old 11-18-2011, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 8,586 times
I agree. Everybody that has a little bit of money and/or a job wants to gouge people that are less fortunate. Look around. If you do not have a home, job and vehicle, you will continue to be pushed down by our government and your neighbors among many others-utility companies, etc. The list goes on. But, stater bros., starting where they did, are pricing foods out of our buying comfort zone. I don't know how families are surviving these days, especially with any children. Neighbors and friends used to be caring and helpful, now all they care about is getting to your pocketbook in one way or another. It is all about money! To hell with love and family and friends and neighborhoods. Dog eat dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
this week stater bros is selling honeysuckle turkeys for.37 lb (butterball is .47 lb) providing you buy $25.00 in food (not incl turkey).certain restrictions apply.food 4 less is selling turkeys from $4.00-$8.00 ea providing you buy $10.00 in groceries.$4.00=1-9 lbs,$6.00=10-19 lbs,$8.00=20 lbs & up.overall food 4 less is your best value for your dollar then staters.staters has gotten wayyy out of control with their food prices.unfortunately i did most of my turkey day shopping at staters & i should of first read the food 4 less ad when i got it in the mail.my bro in law & i went to food 4 less today.i did buy some food at walmart & food 4 less today so it wasnt a total loss.i will know better next month for xmas dinner.avoid shopping at stater bros if you can.now that gas is lower i will be shopping mainly at food 4 less & walmart.stater bros can sit on it & rotate.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:41 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
I shop at whatever store has the best produce! And depending on where you live, that can vary... Right now, where I live it's Stater Brothers, but in my old hometown, it was Major Market, and in Riverside it was Ralph's.

Anything that comes in a box or bottle is exactly the same no matter where you buy it - it may be a few cents more or less - but it's still the exact same product. But produce? That can very really wildly in quality - and the higher quality, the better the taste, which means I'll eat more veggies and fruit - and end up healthier!

Old 11-19-2011, 07:40 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,958 times
The first step in wise grocery shopping is read the store flyers that come in your mailbox or daily newspaper and try not to purchase anything unless it is on sale, discounted, or on some kind of a deal. Living in a metro area as I do usually means that there are several store choices close by so that fuel costs are not a big factor. Am generalizing, but in my experience, Food-4-Less has the lowest overall prices, Staters and Albertson in the middle with occasional good buys, and Vons, and especially Ralphs, highest of all. For lowest produce prices, the best choices, hands down, are the ethnic markets, the Mexican stores such as El Super, with prices often one third of what Ralphs charges. Even lower on sales days, Wednesday for produce at El Super, where you might find bananas for 25 cents or roma tomatos for 33 cents a pound. At F4L and ES you bag your own groceries, which lowers costs, which is fine with me, no problem, but some shoppers may not care to do this.

Last edited by BlackShoe; 11-19-2011 at 07:58 AM..

Old 11-23-2011, 02:14 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Stater bros can sit on it & rotate.
Steel, you've started a lot of threads about Stater Bros. Just curious as to why this chain seems to bother you so much.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Steel, you've started a lot of threads about Stater Bros. Just curious as to why this chain seems to bother you so much.
It dont bother me but i just dont shop their much anymore & their prices are spiking big time. Luckily a save a lot store is opening in yucaipa soon so ill be shopping their. I shopped at food 4 less today & overall they have decent prices esp with the kroger brand.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:20 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
Stater Bros has Harris Ranch beef. That's enough for me

Old 11-25-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
Stater Bros has Harris Ranch beef. That's enough for me
How much for 1 lb ? I have had harris ranch beef some yrs ago & its better then the staters ground beef.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California