Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:15 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,066,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Very interesting idea! Why don't you tell that to the guy who cuts your grass? Do you know why he wouldn't? Because he’s been getting paid well by you not having to pay taxes into the system. Your landscaper does not pay overtime so he’s paying poor Juan about $7 an hour for each of the 13 hour a say he works a day. If he had to begin paying taxes you would have to pay a lot more to have your grass cut.
And? You have increases in social service requirements due to the number of people without the increase in tax base, if legalizing people means more cost then so be it. The demand for low cost labor and products is fueling the outsourcing and immigrant problem, people just want to consume more crap at lower cost.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,861,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

One million bonus reputation points for you if I could!

Listen up people, here is someone that gets it!

In 1985 a young man from high school could get a construction site job hanging drywall and make $12 an hour. Not the worlds best pay, and certainly hard but honest work, to put it in perspective with inflation what cost $12.00 in 1985 would cost $23.70 in 2008.

Do you know anyone that would like a job today that pays $23.70 an hour? Maybe your son? It's hard and hot work but I would imagine we have lots of young men that would jump at the chance to work hard and make nearly $1,000 a week.

A nice inflation calculator

I work in construction and can assure you 90% of the drywall installers in the United States today are illegally here in this country and they will work for $8.00 per hour in 2009 wages. I guarantee you this.

To put this in perspective with our young man making $12.00 in 1985 $8.00 today is worth $4.06 in 1985.

I spit on politicians and left wing liberal do-goods who spew from their filthy mouths the garbage "it's good illegals are here because they do the work Americans refuse to do!"

Bull Crappy!

Illegals do not do jobs American's don't want to do illegals create jobs American's can not afford to do.

Bird brain McCain said when he was running there wasn't one single American who would pick lettuce in the Arizona sun for $100 an hour. Want to bet?

Want to stop the illegals? Easy, starting tomorrow morning there's a $100,000 fine on every employer who hires illegal workers. This fine will be split with the worker that turns the employer in.

It would stop tomorrow and the emplouers damn well know when they hire someone illegal. They know it and I know they know it.

Both parties, republican and democrat alike, are corrupt as hell on this issue.

So, anyone here want a job haninging drywall for $25.00 an hour? Any takers?
If you were in New York I would gladly work.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:19 PM

10,835 posts, read 14,951,507 times
Quote:
What about without a national recovery? California’s jobless could go beyond 15 percent.
What people need to do is start making it personal with their politicians.

Imagine 100,000 people peacefully gathered outside Nancy Pelosi's house.....

Old 06-22-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
And? You have increases in social service requirements due to the number of people without the increase in tax base, if legalizing people means more cost then so be it. The demand for low cost labor and products is fueling the outsourcing and immigrant problem, people just want to consume more crap at lower cost.
Let’s face it, you as a consumer and the guy who runs his landscaping business don't want to see the illegal worker have rights in this country. If they did they would unionize in a moment. That means more wages for them and high cost for you. People keep them where they are for economic reasons.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:27 PM

576 posts, read 995,238 times
Kudos to you for putting that all so succinctly.

We are in the construction trade and have seen what you speak of, all too often. Illegal immigration has ruined the trades/construction industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
One million bonus reputation points for you if I could!

Listen up people, here is someone that gets it!

In 1985 a young man from high school could get a construction site job hanging drywall and make $12 an hour. Not the worlds best pay, and certainly hard but honest work, to put it in perspective with inflation what cost $12.00 in 1985 would cost $23.70 in 2008.

Do you know anyone that would like a job today that pays $23.70 an hour? Maybe your son? It's hard and hot work but I would imagine we have lots of young men that would jump at the chance to work hard and make nearly $1,000 a week.

A nice inflation calculator

I work in construction and can assure you 90% of the drywall installers in the United States today are illegally here in this country and they will work for $8.00 per hour in 2009 wages. I guarantee you this.

To put this in perspective with our young man making $12.00 in 1985 $8.00 today is worth $4.06 in 1985.

I spit on politicians and left wing liberal do-goods who spew from their filthy mouths the garbage "it's good illegals are here because they do the work Americans refuse to do!"

Bull Crappy!

Illegals do not do jobs American's don't want to do illegals create jobs American's can not afford to do.

Bird brain McCain said when he was running there wasn't one single American who would pick lettuce in the Arizona sun for $100 an hour. Want to bet?

Want to stop the illegals? Easy, starting tomorrow morning there's a $100,000 fine on every employer who hires illegal workers. This fine will be split with the worker that turns the employer in.

It would stop tomorrow and the emplouers damn well know when they hire someone illegal. They know it and I know they know it.

Both parties, republican and democrat alike, are corrupt as hell on this issue.

So, anyone here want a job haninging drywall for $25.00 an hour? Any takers?

Old 06-22-2009, 01:41 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,872,523 times
CA deserves it. They let so many illegals in and they lived off the state for years. Just feel sorry for all ther Americans who suffered from this.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:47 PM

I think California should tax Hollywood and the wealth actors that live there. They believe in liberal spending so they won't mind paying perhaps 40% of their earning to the state of California.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:53 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,066,236 times
Quote:
Let’s face it, you as a consumer and the guy who runs his landscaping business don't want to see the illegal worker have rights in this country. If they did they would unionize in a moment. That means more wages for them and high cost for you. People keep them where they are for economic reasons.
You assume to project your prejudice on me a bit too much I think. Actually I do want to see hard working immigrants become citizens...I am the child of a hard working legal immigrant (my mother) and a son of a farming family in Indiana (who put himself through his Ph.D.). I think hard work should be a requirement for citizenship.

I think that the push for more consumption pushes costs way too low, people want more clothes in their closet rather then good ones...so people outsource and cut input costs in a race to the bottom in terms of quality. Once an item becomes the bottom people stop buying it, and the company goes away (like GM).

Unions are not the answer either (I say this being a AFSCME member), too much emphasis is placed on seniority over performance. You can be in the middle between union shops and hiring illegals and still do well.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
You assume to project your prejudice on me a bit too much I think. Actually I do want to see hard working immigrants become citizens...I am the child of a hard working legal immigrant (my mother) and a son of a farming family in Indiana (who put himself through his Ph.D.).
My family came to America in 1844 from Odessa, Russia to escape persecution. My great-great grandfather settled in Napa, California BEFORE GOLD WAS DISCOVERED.

Yes sir, I am a rarity I suppose. I'm an older guy getting ready to retire who is a fifth generation Californian.

The problem we have is we're allowed the race baiters on both sides to take control and set terms of the debate.

No debate about it, citizens of Mexico crossed over the US border illegally and live here illegally breaking the law.

I don't care what race you are or where you come from, you break our laws to get here and you need to go back. You want here then come the legal way as millions before you came.

I don't give a rats rear end what color you are or where you came from the only thing I care about is that it's done legally.

If we allow illegal where does it stop? 10 million? 100 million? 400 million? Honestly, where does it stop?

So will the race baiters on both sides of the issue just hit the road?

Old 06-22-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I think California should tax Hollywood and the wealth actors that live there. They believe in liberal spending so they won't mind paying perhaps 40% of their earning to the state of California.
Why stop at 40%?

So many of these guys love Europe so much where taxes hit the 90% level shouldn't we allow them the European feeling in regards to tax rates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California