Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Based on California current woes do you think it's time that California should elect a Conservative
yes 18 48.65%
no 17 45.95%
other 0 0%
not sure 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:23 PM

230 posts, read 599,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
They are jealous and dying so much to be bigger than California that it hurts.
Ladies and gentlemen: the Ugly Californian.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:41 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatermass View Post
Ladies and gentlemen: the Ugly Californian.
Ladies and Gentleman: The fair weather Californian.

Take a bow.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Ladies and Gentleman: The fair weather Californian.

Take a bow.
Tag! You're it, trust-funder!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Tag! You're it, trust-funder!
Ugh, engaging neocons usually ends up with personal attacks and changing the subject.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Ugh, engaging neocons usually ends up with personal attacks and changing the subject.
HAHAHAHA! Wow. Just... wow.

The "subject", which I think started out as "Ben Gifford for Senate", was blown out of the water right about the time you stuffed us all into the time machine and sent us back to 2004 with your foaming at the mouth about Bush, Iraq, and "inbred moocher red states". At this point it's just a gotcha-back pissing match, but at least I can admit that.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
HAHAHAHA! Wow. Just... wow.

The "subject", which I think started out as "Ben Gifford for Senate", was blown out of the water right about the time you stuffed us all into the time machine and sent us back to 2004 with your foaming at the mouth about Bush, Iraq, and "inbred moocher red states". At this point it's just a gotcha-back pissing match, but at least I can admit that.
foaming at the mouth? hello look in the mirror frothy the snow man.

This thread started out by bragging about a candidate simply because of his being a conservative.

Simply stating one is a conservative impresses no one these days except for the extreme rightwingers who continue to incorrectly believe that they occupy some moral high ground. Which sadly they do not.

They are just as likely if not more likely to abandon their own principals if it means their backers make a buck at taxpayer expense or at the expense of poor people. They can't be trusted to work in our best interest because they are not interested in all americans, only themselves.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
foaming at the mouth? hello look in the mirror frothy the snow man.

This thread started out by bragging about a candidate simply because of his being a conservative.
And wow, did that ever get under your skin! If conservatives really had been so thoroughly discredited you would not now be on page eight of your pleadings, but here you are! Is this just to impress the rest of the 21-percenters?

Your side won everything and you're still as bitter and angry as anyone I've ever seen... man, I'm glad I'm not you. Even if that means I don't get a piece of the trust fund.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
And wow, did that ever get under your skin!
LOL Under my skin? that's rich.

Your the one who can't seem to quit after they've been pummeled over and over. Oh well, pride cometh before the fall I guess.

Quote:
If conservatives really had been so thoroughly discredited you would not now be on page eight of your pleadings.
my pleadings? Further evidence of your delusion. My political persuasion constitutes the vast majority of California. I don't have to plead for anything in this state. Its you that needs to get on your knees and do some monkey dance to get attention these days.

Even Arnold, the person you all thought would reinvigorate your cause, even he has come around and now sees you for the farce that you are.

How it must ache.

Quote:
man, I'm glad I'm not you.
See what I mean, they always take it personal when they can't win based on actual issues. Like clockwork.

you should get together and revise your talking points and strategy-no ones buying it anymore.

Sorry.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:38 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,419,634 times
Arnold Schwarzenegger had a great team and great ideas at the beginning of his governorship, but the Democratic legislature wasn't willing to cooperate, resulting in the total derailment of his agenda. His left-wing wife didn't help the political situation either.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:06 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Are there any more conservatives out there? Is there anyone that supports the constitution anymore? The current crop of people in office have not shown that to be the case. Be it that most of them are liberal democrats and are far from conservative idealism I can understand. With the few that remain they either have no way to express true conservative views or have given up on the idea and bow to the liberal think tanks of the day. I would love to see the exact numbers of cash that has been spent by the current Executive administration and compare them to the Bush Admin. Noting that we are at war from a people that took it upon themselves to kill, maim, and disrupt our lives. Someone kills and destroys our institutions, our buildings, our people we are obligated to go to war with them. It is the job of the President to proceed in that manner. We were attacked during the Clinton Administration and nothing happened. The World Trade Center Complex was also a starring figure in that episode. Clinton did nothing. It seems that the liberal leaders would have us become friends with our enemies. Obama made the terrorist leader visit before he became President. As president he has continued to start a dialog with those that would destroy our way of life and destroy the Constitution of our nation. Pelosi has done the same. If you were to read the Constitution, Pelosi has committed treason and we don't go after her. It is not her part to make side trips to visit governments and people that are against us. I was amazed when all that happened and nothing was done. Do we need Conservative in Government? Yes we do. We need the kind that will be true to the Constitution and will not bow to the other side of the aisle. Liberalism is killing this nation. many of the people of this nation would rather us walk away from a threat and put aside the Constitution of this nation. But then those are the same people that would have us live in Third World Nation Status. They also want to get rid of your right to drive what you want, your right to eat what you want, your right to work where you want, your right to run a business, your right to have things that other nations can not afford. Every environmetalist out there would have us go back to the caveman days of living without what have now. I say if you want to live like the Taliban and live in caves, move to the other side of the world. I for one love having things, love my cars, love the lifestyle that I live. I would not give it up. Liberalism would have you toss out our current way of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California