Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 12:49 AM

1,457 posts, read 6,034,294 times

Advertisements

Seems like California must have a 912 Project going. Just checked out one in Oregon. Was curious who in CA may be participating. My first impression was a good one.

This Saturday, July 11th, was my first visit to a 912 Project meeting. I took the advice of some customers - ones I’ve done tree care for at their home, business, and local Rotary Club. The meeting was for the local Oregon 912 Project, held in Lake Oswego. It's that it was this particular couple attending that caught my attention. They are among the more successful of my customers, and very involved with community events and the local Rotary Clubs.

If I found the right link, this should be one for California:

The 912 Project California

It was very informative. One big surprise was the level of organization and professionalism. The group included professionals, business owners, retirees and others. The amount of volunteered professional skill was evident.

Between college classes, serving 6 years on the Oregon Landscape Contractors Board, and other experiences, this meeting was one of the best functions I’ve been to in the past 10 years.

Maybe the most outstanding for me, was the talk by a man who used to be an Oregon congressman on the Ways and Means committee. He showed a graph regarding Oregon’s budget from the 1970s until the present. He showed that in 1979 and 1980, the Oregon budget declined to accommodate hard economical times, and that it was a Republican Governor and Democrat Congress working together. In contrast, the graph showed that the current financial problem is being addressed with a larger budget: increased spending. This speaker said that Oregon has a $3,000,000,000.00 or so surplus, not dedicated to any line-item. And that this huge unadvertised reserve could eliminate the need to raise taxes on the cash-strapped citizens.

The group is non-partisan. The goal is to help move the country back in a more responsible direction, aligning with liberties stated in the United States Constitution.

From start to finish, the meeting was not an “anti-Obama” gathering, or pro-Republican. It pretty much was all about government for the people and by the people.

It’s part of the larger:

Glenn Beck – The 912 Project

One site for our area is:

Oregon912Project - We Surround Them

The Meetup site they use in addition to that, is a pretty nice tool I have not seen that previously.

And must say, the meeting I attended today seemed very unlike watching Glenn Beck. It was responsible people meeting in one of Oregon’s best communities.

This bunch of hard working folks is a group worth checking out if you agree that the “business as usual” in our government not effective for a great America like you would like to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California