Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 06:03 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme View Post
Per Wikipedia: "While non-California residents may call California, "Cali", it is primarily not used by actual Californians and is considered stereotypical of non residents."

If you are one to base your facts on internet research, there may be some truth to this!!

Haha, for all of you Cali haters, here is a Facebook group to join:

Anyone who calls it "Cali" is obviously not from California
Anyone who calls it "Cali" is obviously not from California | Facebook (//www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2243692507 - broken link)
You are using Wikipedia as a source for an argument? Really?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:07 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
You are using Wikipedia as a source for an argument? Really?
Not even, I was being sarcastic! It just shows there are other haters out there who take time to write about it. I actually lean towards being lazy when I type and probably have typed Cali before without thinking about it. I am pretty sure I have never said it, but drunk maybe. I just never thought about it before.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:23 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Why don't you teach your governor how to pronounce the name of your state? (Wonder if he calls it "Collie" for short? )
Wouldn't that be spelled with a K -- Kollie? Da peeple of Kollie must vuek tügeda!

Old 08-21-2009, 06:36 PM

656 posts, read 1,309,608 times
honestly I don't think people really put that much thought into whether someone calls it Cali or California. I know for me personally i could care less if someone did

Old 08-21-2009, 07:36 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,164 times
California is turning into the new Texas. Seems like everyone is making jokes about the state and dreading it with californians or Cali's invading other states. Now you're all over sensitive about everything. Well get over it because all your complaining here wont change a thing and people from out of state don't care. We just think it gets funnier the more upset you get about it.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:07 PM

143 posts, read 393,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
California is turning into the new Texas. Seems like everyone is making jokes about the state and dreading it with californians or Cali's invading other states. Now you're all over sensitive about everything. Well get over it because all your complaining here wont change a thing and people from out of state don't care. We just think it gets funnier the more upset you get about it.
Goodness, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the Rockies.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:27 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
And for you tri-staters who move here, we wait in line, not on line.
They say "in line" in Southwestern Connecticut, and they don't have NY/NJ accents.

I agree about Cali. I'm from the Northeast and its annoying when people say "Cali" aloud.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:40 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
How about Ca if you don't have the time to type California instead of Cali. We get that here. I know the remainder of the nation is wondering why we here in a laid back easy going state takes offence to all this. Especially with our states educational system that many in the state joke about. We should be the first to call it "Cali" but it aint happening. I prefer Southern California myself and will galdly spell it out. I know people reference songs that wrappers have sung before. Please consider the source though. It is a rhyme that the singer is trying to push and not the correct spelling of our state.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:47 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
How about Flo for Florida, TX for Texas, Okla for Oklahoma, Wash for Washington, Is it OK to say I am going to Deli when you are really going to Delaware? I like going to the Deli from time to time but have never visited the state. When visiting Conneticut can we say we are going to Conn? Or how about Mishi for Michigan?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:44 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
How about Flo for Florida, TX for Texas, Okla for Oklahoma, Wash for Washington, Is it OK to say I am going to Deli when you are really going to Delaware? I like going to the Deli from time to time but have never visited the state. When visiting Conneticut can we say we are going to Conn? Or how about Mishi for Michigan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Piggybacking on Soon2b's ideas and extending them to Cupcake, how about Texi for Texas. "OMG, I'm going to Texi! Howdy!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California