Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 09:16 PM

9 posts, read 24,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Really? I have a 21 year old Wrangler, and with State Farm I only pay $110 p/month with full coverage. Maybe I need to move to Manitoba. lol
Yeah, I'm not exaggerating when I say auto insurance will cost twice as much for me in Ontario as it does in Manitoba. The same applies for my gf's car as well. In both cases it's double (+/- 2-3 dollars). From the estimator I used, I don't think I can get as good of coverage for that double price either. Definitely takes some of the shine off the cheap rent there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Hmmm....well if ya got any questions, some of us may have heard things about certain places, or even lived in them.
Here's the places I'm thinking of:
Westcourt Place
Carnegie Apartments
loft apt- batchlor $585 ---- One bedroom loft $685--plus hydro - Windsor Region 1 bedroom Apartments & Condos For Rent - Kijiji Windsor Region
Royal Windsor
ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT DOWNTOWN - AVAILABLE MAY 1st - Windsor Region 1 bedroom Apartments & Condos For Rent - Kijiji Windsor Region
Loft style apartments in the heart of downtown Windsor - Windsor Region bachelor/studio Apartments & Condos For Rent - Kijiji Windsor Region
They're definitely under the price range I listed in the first post but if they're decent enough (clean, not falling apart, walls that aren't paper thin, etc.) I don't need a lot. I might not be able to make it out before the move so I might have to rent a place without seeing it first. Any tips on that or if anyone has experience living in or even being inside of any of the above that'd be a huge help.

Last edited by pcal; 03-31-2013 at 09:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 06:32 AM

131 posts, read 480,399 times
Isn't there are also a river cruise that leaves from Portofino's in Wynadotte?

Old 04-01-2013, 07:56 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,225,171 times
The more residents in the DT the better, so if you choose the core to move to, welcome! Hopefully you will enjoy all it has to offer and become an active member of the DT and help in the rebirth of the area.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:18 PM

131 posts, read 480,399 times
I was down there today. My only question is whether there is a genuine supermarket within walking distance. There were plenty of mini-markets, but I wasn't seeing a real supermarket. There is a Good Life gym down there, but it is woman only.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stufried View Post
I was down there today. My only question is whether there is a genuine supermarket within walking distance. There were plenty of mini-markets, but I wasn't seeing a real supermarket. There is a Good Life gym down there, but it is woman only.
Is the Food Basics on Goyeau any good?

Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 PM

The Food Basics is ok for basic stuff and ethnic products, I walk there during the week to grab a few things in between trips to Zehrs Superstore and Remark Farms.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcal View Post
Yeah, I'm not exaggerating when I say auto insurance will cost twice as much for me in Ontario as it does in Manitoba. The same applies for my gf's car as well. In both cases it's double (+/- 2-3 dollars). From the estimator I used, I don't think I can get as good of coverage for that double price either. Definitely takes some of the shine off the cheap rent there.

Westcourt Place
Carnegie Apartments
loft apt- batchlor $585 ---- One bedroom loft $685--plus hydro - Windsor Region 1 bedroom Apartments & Condos For Rent - Kijiji Windsor Region
Royal Windsor
ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT DOWNTOWN - AVAILABLE MAY 1st - Windsor Region 1 bedroom Apartments & Condos For Rent - Kijiji Windsor Region
Loft style apartments in the heart of downtown Windsor - Windsor Region bachelor/studio Apartments & Condos For Rent - Kijiji Windsor Region
They're definitely under the price range I listed in the first post but if they're decent enough (clean, not falling apart, walls that aren't paper thin, etc.) I don't need a lot. I might not be able to make it out before the move so I might have to rent a place without seeing it first. Any tips on that or if anyone has experience living in or even being inside of any of the above that'd be a huge help.
I have a friend that has a two story condo in the Royal Windsor Terrace building and she likes it. It's a bit dated but well built and pretty spacious.
Victoria Park Place is pretty popular, but not very large.
I also have a client that lives at 119 Chatham St. And likes it very much, plus it's a great location.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:34 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,421,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcal View Post

Westcourt Place
Carnegie Apartments
Royal Windsor

That's all you got out of my big long post?!?!?!? Eff you buddy!!!!

The Westcourt will be nice, for sure.
Carnegie should be alright

The last one is nice, but it will be noisey on the weekends, guarenteed
That last place used to be a Studebaker repair shop long ago. Trucks were repaired on the second floor via elevator.

Last edited by Magnatomicflux; 04-03-2013 at 01:43 AM..

Old 04-08-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
I also have a client that lives at 119 Chatham St. And likes it very much, plus it's a great location.
I think I'm going to go with 119 Chatham St. Is the fact there's a stripclub (Cheetah's) across the street cause for concern?

Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM

No, I wouldn't be worried about the strip club, I've never really heard about anything bad happening there. It's a nice area of DT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada