Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:55 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You DO know it's not that easy to just pick up and move to Canada, right? You kinda need permission to live here, and it's not granted willy-nilly.
This isn't the US, where you can just saunter in from Mexico.
If Canada shared a border with Mexico, Canada would be trying to deal with "sauntering Mexicans" too. It's not an easy fix, hombre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downnice View Post
Here is the deal I am sick with America and Canada just seems better because the Idea of more than 2 major political parties is refreshing.

Basically for Immigration I went to University of Washington do marketing for a online company at home. I have zero baggage. You could help but I think I should qualify for PR.

The main cities I been looking at are Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. They are seem like amazing cities and would want some insight.

Which one would be the least inexpensive. Living in the Seattle area I talk to some Vancouverites and they say it is really expensive to live there. I was wondering if the suburbs like Surrey would be cheaper.

Toronto is the big city in Canada I was wondering what the best neighborhoods are. As for Ottawa what is it like?

Montreal seems to be interesting. I know some basic French in High School. How much French do you have to know to communicate.

Jobs are not a concern since my job is at home.

I am young and need a change and Canada seems to have a better Quality of life.

Thanks for the help =)
Before asking about best cities and best neighbourhoods in Canada to move to, I'd first spend my time with immigration questions.

Even if you think, you qualify, it's a lot of paperwork and it takes a looooooong time. For many people, it even takes years to move from one state to another.

One step at a time.

Home - Citizenship and Immigration Canada - Canada

Old 04-08-2013, 10:07 AM

256 posts, read 541,496 times
Thanks for the help. I am starting the Immigration process which is going to take a while. Also I am a guy so yeah.

I know Vancouver is expensive and might be out of reach but it seems so interesting because I would like to visit Washington once in a while

Old 04-08-2013, 10:37 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,243 times
Quote:
Thanks for the help. I am starting the Immigration process which is going to take a while. Also I am a guy so yeah.

I know Vancouver is expensive and might be out of reach but it seems so interesting because I would like to visit Washington once in a while
I don't think, Vancouver is out of reach. The last time I checked, there were people from all walks of life living in Vancouver.

Of course, if you're talking about buying a detached house in city limits, it's a totally different story.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:28 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,528,229 times
Quote:

There's also some other great cities in BC. I personally love Victoria, lots of British charm, and you can get to downtown Seattle from there with a ferry.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:54 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
If you want to be able to visit Washington regularly then BC doesn't have to be out of reach of your financial means if you're willing to consider other locations of residence outside of Vancouver city proper. The further you get out into the Fraser Valley and Delta or over on the island away from Vancouver city the lower the rentals and property prices become, as well as lower gas prices. If you're going to be working online from your home that would solve the inconvenience of commuting to and from work - so you could take a look at several more affordable cities, towns and communities within a 100 mile radius from Vancouver center. You'd have easy access to Vancouver when needed and easy access to Washington as desired.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 PM

477 posts, read 803,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Canada is too cold. Think Australia or New Zealand. By the way, you do realize you titled this thread "Want to kove to the United States", right?
Hey stoutboy, OP lives in Renton, Washington,
Vancouver, BC ain't much colder.

Also, it's move not kove.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:00 AM

256 posts, read 541,496 times
Thanks for the Help! I never thought of some of the other places!

Victoria does look nice thanks =)

Old 04-10-2013, 10:26 AM

654 posts, read 1,496,498 times
Half of these threads in the Canada section are

" I am a young liberal American who wants to move to Canada"

City data should start a special section just for these threads.

advice..bring LOTS of cash and plenty of WARM clothes.

We only have two political parties here. We have the Harper Conservatives and the "I hate Harper" group.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:18 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,528,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthinkso View Post
Half of these threads in the Canada section are

" I am a young liberal American who wants to move to Canada"

City data should start a special section just for these threads.

advice..bring LOTS of cash and plenty of WARM clothes.

We only have two political parties here. We have the Harper Conservatives and the "I hate Harper" group.
We've also had lots of threads from Americans who weren't young or weren't liberals. Heck, I think we even had a middle aged conservative truck driver who wanted to move to Canada to get away from all the Democrats and settle in a rural Canadian culture he thought fit him better then the USA did. We've had Brits, there's a Singaporean in the Montreal forum right now, Indians etc. Anyways, relocations are basically one of the main uses of this forum, it's unsurprising we get them, it's the same thing in every one of the other local forums.

I also wouldn't belittle the differences between the Liberals, the NDP, the Bloc, the Greens, and the many completely varied and unique provincial parties. They often disagree on fundamental points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada