Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 10:03 PM

5 posts, read 24,267 times

Advertisements

Hi I just wanted to drop by and share my experience with a city that some of you might be looking at, but that doesn't even own its own section here. I've lived for 4 years in Quebec City and my experience there has been pretty bad.

Of course, I can't speak about all neighborhoods, but I can definitely say that the people I came across there were childish, intrusive and become aggressive very fast when put in front of a problem. One apartment I've been in I got harassed within 2 months with a neighbors that purposely did noise and other things to annoy me, on top of being threatening, and the landlords were on board with them because they were friends, sending me fancy letters and banging doors saying I was "in conflict" with the neighbors, while all I did was talk to them once asking nicely if they could put the volume down. I could point out agressive, zealous and intrusive behavior with two other landlords as well.

I can definitely say that people there aren't afraid of the law either. They know what they can get away with and they will abuse it to annoy you. They are of "bad faith" and will do anything to annoy you and pretend like they didn't do it on purpose. Even grown adults lie in your face like childs. The cops weren't too helpful either and we're on tilt as well.

The people I knew there ended up being mostly cowards and liars as well. These people will go a long way to make you feel welcome (dinner, help with moving, nice promises, etc.) only to then turn their back on you when you need it. Don't be fooled by the "joie de vivre" (joyful) mood of the people there because as soon as you run into the smallest problems or if you trigger jealousy in them, they transform into the most zealous and childish people ever. It's easy to get fooled I tell you (I did), but don't.

My advice: Leave them alone. Don't go there. Or if you do, you've been warned. What a ridiculous place Quebec City was. You will thank me later.

Note: I'm from Montreal. At least here people have a life, mind their own business and try to do something positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 01:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
You seem to be basing much of your dislike of Quebec City on your interactions with the people in your immediate apartment block, how did you find the rest of the Quebec City experience once out of the Apartment ?

Old 11-21-2013, 04:20 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:

The people I knew there ended up being mostly cowards and liars as well.
These people will go a long way to make you feel welcome (dinner, help with
moving, nice promises, etc.) only to then turn their back on you when you need
it.
Just because they went out of their way to make you feel welcome, doesn't mean they owe you a kidney.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:01 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,234,400 times
Where did you live? In some of the trashy college apartments in the lowtown?

This sounds entirely like you had a bunch of jerk neighbours. I've spent a lot of time living in QC (mind you, mostly in the Montcalm neighbourhood) and haven't dealt with any of that.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:03 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Moral of the story: Quebec City is populated by humans. Some of them good. Some of them bad.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:09 AM

347 posts, read 492,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyDiagram View Post
Hi I just wanted to drop by and share my experience with a city that some of you might be looking at, but that doesn't even own its own section here. I've lived for 4 years in Quebec City and my experience there has been pretty bad.

Of course, I can't speak about all neighborhoods, but I can definitely say that the people I came across there were childish, intrusive and become aggressive very fast when put in front of a problem. One apartment I've been in I got harassed within 2 months with a neighbors that purposely did noise and other things to annoy me, on top of being threatening, and the landlords were on board with them because they were friends, sending me fancy letters and banging doors saying I was "in conflict" with the neighbors, while all I did was talk to them once asking nicely if they could put the volume down. I could point out agressive, zealous and intrusive behavior with two other landlords as well.

I can definitely say that people there aren't afraid of the law either. They know what they can get away with and they will abuse it to annoy you. They are of "bad faith" and will do anything to annoy you and pretend like they didn't do it on purpose. Even grown adults lie in your face like childs. The cops weren't too helpful either and we're on tilt as well.

The people I knew there ended up being mostly cowards and liars as well. These people will go a long way to make you feel welcome (dinner, help with moving, nice promises, etc.) only to then turn their back on you when you need it. Don't be fooled by the "joie de vivre" (joyful) mood of the people there because as soon as you run into the smallest problems or if you trigger jealousy in them, they transform into the most zealous and childish people ever. It's easy to get fooled I tell you (I did), but don't.

My advice: Leave them alone. Don't go there. Or if you do, you've been warned. What a ridiculous place Quebec City was. You will thank me later.

Note: I'm from Montreal. At least here people have a life, mind their own business and try to do something positive.
Are you the same skin color?
Racism is everywhere in every country...
It's alive and well don't listen to what people tell you, that it no longer exists...

Old 11-21-2013, 12:59 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,139,132 times
tl;dr version: OP moves to Quebec City, gets involved in conflicts with all neighbors, landlords, cops and other people he/she meets, concludes QC is the problem (not him/her), moves back to Montreal.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:02 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,530,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
Are you the same skin color?
Racism is everywhere in every country...
It's alive and well don't listen to what people tell you, that it no longer exists...
Ugh, stop trolling dude. Randomly pulling the race card in inappropriate situations does a disservice to people who have to address real issues involving racial discrimination. I know you're just being inflammatory, but it wastes real good will to deal with a sometimes important issue. Find another wedge.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:13 PM

10,755 posts, read 23,836,665 times

Naruto - Sadness and Sorrow (Violin) - Taylor Davis - YouTube

Old 11-21-2013, 10:12 PM

408 posts, read 607,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyDiagram View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada