Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:10 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,047,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
What's up with these constant Quebec independence threads? They are even starting to pop up in other sections of this forum.

Here's the other thing, these threads are most often started by the same 5 or so people. Are they part of some sort of PQ "internet army" with orders to flood the web with Vive le Quebec libre nonsense?

Here's the reality about things:

Chris Selley: The PQ’s limitless capacity for self-delusion | National Post

The desperation of the PQ and their delusional supporters spamming the Canada forum is evident ...
Hmm, there are seven threads on City-Data at the moment dealing with Quebec and separatism. Five of them have been started by people who aren't in Quebec.

The other two have been started by the same person: Bonjour185, who is from Quebec.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 12:31 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Hmm, there are seven threads on City-Data at the moment dealing with Quebec and separatism. Five of them have been started by people who aren't in Quebec.

The other two have been started by the same person: Bonjour185, who is from Quebec.
AJ; are you willing to surmise a reason or are you asking for us to propose one?

Obsessive compulsive disorder would be my guess. Either that or paid shills fomenting discord wherever they can to try to stoke a fire that has perceptively cooled contrary to the desires of "agents provocateurs" with an agenda. ...... ....... .....Whew!

Sleeping dogs don't run around fetching sticks....LOL.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:42 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,047,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
AJ; are you willing to surmise a reason or are you asking for us to propose one?

Obsessive compulsive disorder would be my guess. Either that or paid shills fomenting discord wherever they can to try to stoke a fire that has perceptively cooled contrary to the desires of "agents provocateurs" with an agenda. ...... ....... .....Whew!

Sleeping dogs don't run around fetching sticks....LOL.
All I know is that there is no conspiracy to put together sleeper PQ cells under false identities in order to propagandize about Quebec independence on city-data.

99.9999999% of city-data forumers don't vote in Quebec elections or referendums, so I wouldn't see the point of that...

Old 02-18-2015, 12:44 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,538,181 times
tl;dr to this whole thread, but I would guess because if there is a chance something will split off from a country, it's instantly a big discussion point regardless of where it is happening. Even if it has nothing to do with some potential partition, it makes Quebec look more exotic. It's also the only non-anglo part of North America North of Mexico so it's already interesting to North Americans. I guess because Canada and the USA are analogous in many ways, it becomes the only talking point to people on this forum. Besides the USA vs Canada thing, it's not like the forum would be flying with activity if seperation wasn't a possiblity, so it's something to chat about.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:21 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
All I know is that there is no conspiracy to put together sleeper PQ cells under false identities in order to propagandize about Quebec independence on city-data.

99.9999999% of city-data forumers don't vote in Quebec elections or referendums, so I wouldn't see the point of that...
Unless they're hoping to stir up enough venom that a "let's kick the bums out" movement starts up in earnest................ but as you say, the PQ would not be behind that chicanery.

Well then, that leaves only the obsessive compulsive disorder to explain it.

You're not alone in wondering "WTF" every time one gets started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada