Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 02:03 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,585,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Sorry but i like that suburb life, just came back from a big city and it was cool but it was way to chaotic, congested, noisy and claustrophobic... and it cost me 40 bucks a day to park my car!
Not all cities are like that. Also in many cities, as you must know, there are very quiet areas. I love living where I live in Vancouver. Smack dab in the centre, downtown. It's not chaotic, I'm surround by everything I need, all within walking distance. I'm heading up to a local pub this afternoon to meet friends...no worries about driving home after a few...or a lot. LOL

Tomorrow I'm walking to the beach for a lay about.

Also only visitors to a city pay outrageous parking fees. The people that live here either have their own parking, as I do, or don't need a car.

I know you've been to parts of Canada..but have you been to Vancouver yet Vincie??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 02:10 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,523,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Not all cities are like that. Also in many cities, as you must know, there are very quiet areas. I love living where I live in Vancouver. Smack dab in the centre, downtown. It's not chaotic, I'm surround by everything I need, all within walking distance. I'm heading up to a local pub this afternoon to meet friends...no worries about driving home after a few...or a lot. LOL

Also only visitors to a city pay outrageous parking fees. The people that live here either have their own parking, as I do, or don't need a car.

I know you've been to parts of Canada..but have you been to Vancouver yet Vincie??
Yeah i know, big cities - i love and hate at the same time... it was a blast to visit but when i returned home i felt so relaxed and everything was more nice and calm. but i lived most of my life in a suburban community in the midwest so you are probably more comfortable in a big city.

Its nice walking around more and using public transportation but it got annoying after one day lol, aggressive drivers trying to yield to pedestrians while turning, groups of people standing in the middle of the sidewalk to have a conversation, tourist riding bicycles on the sidewalk, etc...

Old 09-10-2015, 02:31 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,343,989 times
Quote:
Botti is a man.
I thought the poster was calling aikenhorse a dude. But I just want to know if the word dude can be used for a woman or is it always a man?

Old 09-10-2015, 03:09 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,741,127 times
Quote:
Sorry but i like that suburb life, just came back from a big city and it was cool and all with all the street life and using public transportation but it was just way to chaotic, congested, noisy and claustrophobic... and it cost me 40 bucks a day to park my car!

I like suburbs for living and cities for visiting.
oh yeah, my precious car I can't live without! Every place on earth should cater to my need of traveling smoothly in my previous car! The streets are too narrow! Too many annoying pedestrians who think they are the king of the city! Parking too expensive and not widely available! Houses without double garages! The devil!

Old 09-10-2015, 04:11 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,906,261 times
Quote:
Sorry but i like that suburb life, just came back from a big city and it was cool and all with all the street life and using public transportation but it was just way to chaotic, congested, noisy and claustrophobic... and it cost me 40 bucks a day to park my car!

I like suburbs for living and cities for visiting.
Noting wrong with your sentiment whatsoever... I think there is room for both in this world even though some would insist otherwise.

I lived smack dab in DT Toronto and paid 60 bucks a month for underground parking at my building so if you live and drive DT its not necessarily prohibitively expensive.. If you visit a city and don't want to park DT you could always go to a more suburban transit station and pay for parking and just take the Subway.. I did this when I visited Boston and you can do that in Toronto.. It costs a fraction of what you'd pay DT including your subway ticket.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:18 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,078,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I thought the poster was calling aikenhorse a dude. But I just want to know if the word dude can be used for a woman or is it always a man?
I've seen dudette used for women a few times, and dude for men. But I guess if someone doesn't know the other person's gender and doesn't get a hint from their user name then there's no harm done in calling the other person 'dude'. It's sort of multi-purpose. Shrugs. I know it doesn't bother me when someone online refers to me as a dude.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:18 PM

92 posts, read 176,833 times
LOL... I'm female. "Dude" doesn't bother me... I'm far too grounded in real life to be bothered by anything on a forum. It's all good.

I had no problem at all with public transit when I lived where it was practical to use it. I've lived in Kitsilano (literally the BEST downtown living I've ever enjoyed has been Vancouver, and the one bus I had to take to get there stopped right at the door of my apartment every 15 minutes) and right downtown Toronto at Church & Queen. I've also lived on the Danforth. I've done my fair share of time in cities, and I am entitled to my opinion.

Not sure who the doofus was that said I was comparing Toronto to Kelowna. LOL I was merely pointing out, to the individual that said my points were out of place here being the Toronto forum, that it was in fact the CANADA forum. Canada has its share of less dense cities, too, so there's no reason why someone who doesn't prefer the urbanity of Toronto (as ONE city within Canada as a country) shouldn't be welcome.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Noting wrong with your sentiment whatsoever... I think there is room for both in this world even though some would insist otherwise.

I lived smack dab in DT Toronto and paid 60 bucks a month for underground parking at my building so if you live and drive DT its not necessarily prohibitively expensive.. If you visit a city and don't want to park DT you could always go to a more suburban transit station and pay for parking and just take the Subway.. I did this when I visited Boston and you can do that in Toronto.. It costs a fraction of what you'd pay DT including your subway ticket.
I'd love to go some big city and try going completely car free for a week just to see what its like. it was fun when i was in Chicago, very fast and convenient but at the end of the day its a fact that roads take you more places, roads take you virtually everywhere. unless if you want to go on some crazy vacation in the Arctic.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:12 AM

Quote:

I must of lied to you at one point or you are thinking of someone else, i have never been to Canada but i am very interested in the country (which is why you see me here all the time.) but i am mostly interested in all of Quebec and the northern isolated parts of the rest of the provinces, the rest of Canada isn't of high interest to me but its still all a great place and i hear Vancouver is a pretty nice and urban city.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,365,152 times
Quote:
, i have never been to Canada but i am very interested in the country i am mostly interested in all of Quebec and the northern isolated parts of the rest of the provinces,.
Vince i'll hazard a guess that you arent getting any younger,if you want to see Canadas remote north jump in your car when you have the time and drive straight north on Manitoba's rt6, you'll get more wilderness than you'll know what to do with=
http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/canmb1.gif

Or if Quebec take a 1400 kilometer journey from Montreal to the end of the road in Chisasibi.
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...l+to+chisasibi

Last edited by jambo101; 09-11-2015 at 05:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada