Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 06:18 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Seems like I'm not the only concerned Brit for Canada.
Canada will be fine. Americans integrate easily here, and besides, the ones that threaten to leave because of Trump ( 99.9 percent of them won't anyway ) are the ones that especially would be welcomed.

I'm assuming it's not coincidence that the Americans I know that have immigrated to Canada were all Democrats.

I wonder if there are actual figures on what type of American immigrates to more " left " countries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 06:54 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
I think if the thought of a President Trump scares a former CIA director (Michael Hayden) everyone ought to be scared.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:18 PM

579 posts, read 664,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Canada will be fine. Americans integrate easily here, and besides, the ones that threaten to leave because of Trump ( 99.9 percent of them won't anyway ) are the ones that especially would be welcomed.

I'm assuming it's not coincidence that the Americans I know that have immigrated to Canada were all Democrats.

I wonder if there are actual figures on what type of American immigrates to more " left " countries?
I would probably say that a group more likely than average to pull the trigger (i.e. more than 0.1%) would be coming here on student visas.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I'm seeing a lot of hate going on for Trump and a lot of people so scared that he might be successful that they are contemplating leaving the country however i'm also seeing him consistantly leading in the polls over his rivals usually by double digits so it would seem a majority of those being polled are liking what Trump is selling. Odd thing is for every positive post i see for Trump i'm seeing 10 negative posts. Whats up?

Old 03-05-2016, 05:11 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,726,557 times
What's going on? You ask.

It's a populist movement obviously, one that generally uneducated/untravelled Americans have wet dreams over. If Trump wins, one things for sure, it will tear the USA apart just like Chavez tore Venezuela apart.

But obviously when you're uneducated you tend to ignore the bigger picture and are always looking for a scapegoat to your problems.

Bricking it for Canada campaign:

Last edited by Pueblofuerte; 03-05-2016 at 05:24 AM..

Old 03-05-2016, 06:32 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
All I can say is that for the average Americans, Trump is 100 times better than Hilary Clinton. But maybe the US simple deserves a Clinton. Whatever.

Bernie Sanders is obviously the best candidate yet he fails to connect with the stupid and uneducated Americans in the south, who tend to buy all the crap out of Clintons mouth.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:34 AM

3,867 posts, read 5,291,536 times
I have no idea why anyone thinks Trump can win a general election and get to 270 on the electoral map. Without the hispanic and black vote at that? Hilarious! Why do you think the GOP is basically shi*ing all over themselves trying to block him from being the nominee.

The GOP created this mess with their flirtation with xenophobic voters (Tea Party, Birther movement, etc..) I for one am enjoying watching them destroy the party from within. Round up all the uneducated trash and whip them into a frenzy, it does not bother me one bit. I also take greater joy in watching this as a black man, knowing that the first black president is the one that made them and their power structure so uncomfortable that they basically went insane. Who would have thought "we" had so much power.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:54 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
I have no idea why anyone thinks Trump can win a general election and get to 270 on the electoral map. Without the hispanic and black vote at that? Hilarious! Why do you think the GOP is basically shi*ing all over themselves trying to block him from being the nominee.

The GOP created this mess with their flirtation with xenophobic voters (Tea Party, Birther movement, etc..) I for one am enjoying watching them destroy the party from within. Round up all the uneducated trash and whip them into a frenzy, it does not bother me one bit. I also take greater joy in watching this as a black man, knowing that the first black president is the one that made them and their power structure so uncomfortable that they basically went insane. Who would have thought "we" had so much power.
Haaar! Now there's a post guaranteed to stimulate response akin to having had a skunk arrive at a garden party.

This is gonna get interesting.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:57 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
This would seem to adequately express Canadian chagrin:

https://www.facebook.com/JaneFooleSa...5725124493865/

Old 03-05-2016, 09:00 AM

579 posts, read 664,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post

As I said, Trump doesn't get along with Congress... and he doesn't get along with the state governments either.

He may have some electoral base, but he will ruffle a lot of feathers everywhere, limiting his ability to get much done domestically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada