Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 10:49 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Yes, Trump is crazy. We white people are afraid too, but for different reasons.
What are you "afraid" of?? I live in one of the most liberal city int he US and I do not know one single person ,white or otherwise, "afraid"....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 10:59 PM

200 posts, read 157,545 times
We are going to have to agree to disagree. No matter what I say to try to bring things down a notch with you, you're not having it. You are determined to see the exact opposite of anything I say. So, just let it go. Let's agree not to interact anymore. Good night and good-bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
You're right, there are ghetto people everywhere in my city. But I don't associate with them. And I certainly don't go around 'making up' my own ghetto nonsense like you apparently do. Somehow the 'highly educated' part of you didn't seem to show up today.

Actually, I don't know what you're talking about.

You mentioned ramping up of hate crimes? You mean like these fake hate crimes that suddenly started being reported every other week when Trump got elected?

A Black Church Was Burned in the Name of Trump

And the real story:

Congregation member arrested in black church burning in Mississippi

Or how about this one:

Cops hunt for trio who harassed Muslim woman on train

She claimed they yelled "Trump, Trump" and called her a terrorist and tried to pull of her head scarf.

And the real story:

Muslim Woman Made Up Hate Crime on Subway, Police Say

Or this one:

Michigan college student faked Trump-inspired campus attack

There are other instances of these fake 'hate crimes' all over the country. It's just another method of getting people like you all riled up so they will feel that they have a reason to 'resist' and join 'the cause'.

The truth is, you being born in this country is the best thing that could ever have happened to you. It's the silly liberals who want you to feel that you are downtrodden and abused and 'oppressed'. All so they can capitalize on your fear. But if you really want to leave this country, go right ahead. Renounce your citizenship if you must. There are plenty of people happy to take your place the good old U.S. of A. You will not be missed.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:01 PM

200 posts, read 157,545 times
Thank you to everyone who actually answered my question. I got the information I needed. I'm finished here. Goodnight and goodbye.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:25 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeninja View Post
These two questions are for Canadians.

1. With the ramping up of anti-black racism and hate crimes since Donald Trump became the president of the United States, with him advocating police brutality in light of the increase in killings and cases of excessive force against even women and children now, and culminating in the events that happened yesterday in Charlottesville, Virginia, what are the chances that asylum in Canada would be granted to Black Americans who applied? The situation here is steadily deteriorating and becoming very bad for us, and is only going to get worse and we'll have no legal remedies because even the Dept. of Justice is headed and staffed by white supremacists now.

2. Barring asylum, how likely is it that someone, like me, would receive residency in Canada? I have one BS degree, the equivalent of a 30 credit MA degree, and have been taking post-baccalaureate coursework in preparation for pursuing a MS in Computer Engineering (but am thinking of switching to a MA in History due to racism, ageism, and sexism in tech being that I'm a black female in my mid-40s). I have a decent, steady income from long-term disability insurance benefit payments due to Lupus, which right now is in remission, and my health is stable. I'll receive the LTD payments until I'm 65 years old. I also can work part-time to supplement my income, which I plan to do (and which I'm doing now) so as to build up an IRA for retirement and pay into social security/insurance for retirement. My LTD income is payable in Canada, and I can document that. I'm single and don't have any children. So, how likely are my chances?

Thanks in advance.

codeninja
You have next to no chance on those grounds.

If you are American and Black or if you are American and Liberal.... you need to say in your country and push back as hard as possible against this nonsense. You also need to ensure that your experiences are captured and shared with the rest of the world. Some really sad and scary stuff going on there. Best wishes.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:10 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Quote:
And, it's not US that are keeping it going. We just want to live our lives, but for some damned reason white people in America just seem to have some kind of fetish when it comes to us and can't leave us the hell alone.
You do realize that you are contradicting yourself here do you not?

"White people in america" have nothing in common that can be generalized to every single p"white person" Nothing. Generalizations like this are prejudice. To say you care not keeping it going and then generalize like this is contradicting one sentence with another.

Open you mind and perhaps get to know the people your are generalizing about. No all white people are not the same, and no your prejudice against anyone with white (or actually more pink) skin is not justified. Remove the plank from your own eye before you worry about the splinter in your neighbor's eye.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:30 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,410,251 times
Quote:
These two questions are for Canadians.

1. With the ramping up of anti-black racism and hate crimes since Donald Trump became the president of the United States, with him advocating police brutality in light of the increase in killings and cases of excessive force against even women and children now, and culminating in the events that happened yesterday in Charlottesville, Virginia, what are the chances that asylum in Canada would be granted to Black Americans who applied? The situation here is steadily deteriorating and becoming very bad for us, and is only going to get worse and we'll have no legal remedies because even the Dept. of Justice is headed and staffed by white supremacists now.

codeninja
Don't believe the media hype. Turn off your TV and stop checking your phone news app every 5 minutes. You are being indoctrinated by the far left media (as is the whole country right now). White supremacists are completely scum idiot clowns, that I will agree with, they are a disgusting embarassment. But they are a tiny number of people and being totally over hyped by the media right now in attempt further tarnish Trump. The Russia thing is dying out so the media has to try and find something else to take him out.

A few facts:

1. Whites in America are EIGHTY TIMES as likely to victims of violent crimes at the hands of blacks then vice versa. This is fact. Not just 2 or 3 times....80 freaking times as likely! Now who should be nervous and moving to Canada??

2. Black males are 6% of the US population but commit 52% of all the murders in the US (and a very disproportionate number of all other violent crimes). FACT.

3. Black males are responsible for a highly disproportionate number of police officers murdered in America every year

4. Four very high profile racial cases during Obama's presidency (Trayvon Martin/Zimmerman, Cambridge, Ferguson, Baltimore). Obama rushed to judgement before all the facts were in and blamed the police (or Zimmerman in that case). In all four cases he ended up being wrong, as a judge and jury who examined the facts in much greater detail then anyone, found the other side not guilty in every one of those cases.

Obama shaped a anti-police national narrative that many believe contributed to SIX police officers being assassinated in Dallas and THREE police officers assassinated in New Orleans by a black males. Also, the national narrative of blaming police by Obama likely lead to the severity of the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore. Now which president is the one stoking violence?

The corporate mainstream media is a big reason for racial division in U.S. right now. They over hype things and create this alarmist atmosphere so they can get more viewers, and thus more advertising dollars and push their political agenda.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:50 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,410,251 times
And another thing. One person was killed in Charlottesville, which of course is very tragic. But one person.

But so far this year JUST IN THE ONE CITY OF CHICAGO there have been 440 murders, mostly black on black. Where is the outrage and media coverage for this? 440 vs. 1??? Let alone all the other black on black homicides in Detroit, Baltimore, St. Louis, New Orleans, Memphis and on and on and on and on.

Trust me, I would worry a lot more about the thug or gangster down the street, not police or white supremacists as a threat to you. How many blacks have been victims at the hands of white supremacists vs. black on black? Black on black is ASTRONOMICALLY higher. You would probably have to work pretty hard to find even one single case of a black person killed by a white supremacist. Versus the thousands and thousands of black on black homicides annually.

This stuff in the media is being so blown out of proportion and so misunderstood it is really tragic folks.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Go through the proper procedure to immigrate, =
Immigration and citizenship

Old 08-19-2017, 11:09 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
I didn't say Trump was responsible. I said it ramped up under him.

The violence that's going on isn't over a "mere" statue. It's what the statue represents and it goes back hundreds of years and is steeped in this country's history of slavery. No, what's going on doesn't make sense. That's why racism is a form of mental illness. But, WE didn't start it and we didn't make a mess of it. And, it's not US that are keeping it going. We just want to live our lives, but for some damned reason white people in America just seem to have some kind of fetish when it comes to us and can't leave us the hell alone.

It is impossible to meet a white American and have a general conversation without them, somehow, managing to bring race into the conversation. It happens every time. Every.Single.Time. But, they want everybody to believe that we can't leave it alone. No, THEY can't leave it alone. I told you, it's some kind of weird fixation or fetish.

I understand that health is important, but you (and most who have replied) act like I have cancer or HIV/AIDS or something. No, I have an autoimmune disease that is managed by generic medications when I'm not in remission. The ones who have said that having lupus may be an issue and left it at that are correct, and that's what I suspected as well. But, to just decide my fate based on the name of my diagnosis is short-sighted and highly jerk-ish. Why don't we leave the medical decisions to the medical doctors? I'll have plenty of medical records to submit in addition to the medical examination I'll have to undergo.

And, if it's not my portion to come to Canada, then fine. The world is big and I'm smart, educated, skilled, and have that blue passport. Yes, I want to get out of Dodge if all hell breaks loose, but I'm also Native American and eligible to join the Daughters of the American Revolution (no, not ever, thanks!), so I'm not giving up my American citizenship. I belong here as much, if not more, than a lot of the people who think I don't. Funny how that works, LOL.
My experience is somewhat different. It seems that blacks want to include race in every conversation. For example, during a trip to Atlanta last year a black woman asked me: what do you think of the Black Panthers? Fortunately my memory served me well and i could recall TV news about the terrorist group, the violence, fear, and attacks. That was the worst thing I could say. Today, the Black Panthers are heroes, not terrorists. The question was a complete setup - and because I was not keeping up with the "up is down" modern world, I was deserving of scorn and ill treatment. I have since educated myself about the change in perspective - but I can assure you that the person who asked the loaded question did nothing to educate me on the topic. The question was asked for the purpose of passing judgement, and treating me poorly because I was not keeping up with black history. That is, in my opinion, a big part of race problems in the USA. It was an aggressive, unkind act that I experienced - and there was no good reason for any of it.

Canada has national health care, and does not accept health refugees. Everyone is treated the same.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:46 AM

264 posts, read 239,108 times
Quote:
I hate politics, and believe all politicians are or end up liars, so there's no "regressive leftism" here. I just see the handwriting on the wall and want to get the hell out of Dodge before all hell breaks loose. Because if white supremacists and their sympathizers think that black (and brown) people are going to march, sing Negro spirituals, and practice nonviolent resistance while being attacked this time around, they have another think coming. Those days are as dead as Martin. And, I want to be gone when everything hits the fan. It's as simple as that.

However, I must say that you're the one who has behaved like an infantile cry-baby. Did you stamp your foot, too? Follow your own advice and grow up, yourself. If you have nothing constructive to add, SKIP the thread. That would've been the adult, mature thing to do.
How about enrolling in a Canadian university? You will be able to live there and apply for a student visa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada