Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 03:52 AM

1,140 posts, read 617,266 times

Advertisements

Elliot McDavid, a far right activist has his cohort film himself screaming profanities @ Chrystia Freeland (deputy Prime Minister of Canada).

He then proudly posts his video proclaiming a victory in his valiant fight against the "obviously corrupt" government.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1563418678833856513

So it has come to this in Canada?

You disagree with a politician, so you goto their place of work and scream profanities at them?

He gets rightfully kicked out of the place and his retort is "Do you love her? Do you love Chrystia Freeland"?

It's scary that nutjobs like him are getting more and more common. Say what you will, but a lot of this is encouraged by the toxic environment created by trump. He has to be the worse President in the history of the USA. All he has done is create division and conflict and it has spread across the world like a cancer.

I get this sense that extreme nuts like him are relatively common in Alberta.

I certainly hope I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 05:38 AM

183 posts, read 122,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post

I get this sense that extreme nuts like him are relatively common in Alberta.

I certainly hope I'm wrong.
I don't know if they're common there. She herself is from Alberta originally, she was born and raised there, and the guy yells at her like she has no right to walk around the place. Quite an embarrassment for the province to have someone like that walking around yelling profanities, at a woman half his size? I like to think that type of moronic public tantrum isn't common there anyway.

My opinion here, I think the Trumpy activity south of the border made it seem "acceptable" for socially obnoxious, brazen hostility to be expressed by lowlifes and creeps. It still isn't common around where I am (Ontario), but it does pop up from time to time. Road rage hollering incidents, yelling at and harassing homeless people minding their own business on the sidewalk. Coming from angry white dudes with stereotypical slogan t-shirts or baseball caps. So they self-identify in public. I've seen a small uptick in that stuff.

I was in the middle of a crosswalk earlier this summer (middle aged lady here, carrying shopping bags) and some neanderthal wanna-be in a pickup crawled in front of me over the crosswalk to block my path, leaning out his open driver's side window, looking straight at me and smirking at me. I was stuck in the middle of a crosswalk at a high-traffic intersection, blocked by him from reaching the other side. I could've been hit by a car. I have too much of a short fuse though. I stepped towards him, walking briskly, toward his driver's side door, which startled him, then I turned on my heel and walked quickly down the side of his truck to his rear. He was boxed in by traffic, and couldn't immediately jump out. So I walked behind his truck and onto the sidewalk and was on my way.

Incidents like that though, you have to wonder what's going on in their heads, and why they think physical intimidation is acceptable. They want to physically threaten homeless, visible minorities, middle aged women, young attractive women, and it doesn't clue in with them that they behave like children. Violent children, but children.

Old 08-29-2022, 06:44 AM

2,401 posts, read 1,570,296 times
Takes a strong man to yell at a woman (NOT)

Old 08-29-2022, 09:02 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Just another example of how a person with malicious intent can garner his 15 minutes by acting out while being carefully filmed for internet consumption.

At some point in time we're going to have to come to terms with the fact that there are people in this country totally bereft of any ethical upbringing or absorption. They have watched as it has all unfolded elsewhere how they can be given some form of attention, either positive or negative, by behaving so outrageously towards a specific target in public.

They need to be smacked down HARD. It absolutely defies my understanding as to how these miscreants cannot be charged with something as I'm sure any one of us would have been had we accosted anyone in such a manner just a few years ago.

We're slowly but inexorably going off the rails. It's our own damn fault for allowing it to happen so easily.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:05 AM

2,401 posts, read 1,570,296 times
Not that long ago a British MP Jo Cox was murdered by someone who held far right conspiracy beliefs. We need to come down hard on this intimidation before that happens here

Old 08-29-2022, 09:12 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Elliot McDavid is a Q-adjacent convoy goon, and yes, there are plenty of uncouth goons just like him in Alberta.

https://albertapolitics.ca/2022/08/t...ed-such-abuse/

Old 08-29-2022, 09:17 AM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
I should have known! It's all Trump's fault! OP forgot the nyaa nyaa nyaa nyaa nyaaann nah! Try to do better next time.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:28 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I should have known! It's all Trump's fault! OP forgot the nyaa nyaa nyaa nyaa nyaaann nah! Try to do better next time.
There is no question that US right wing politics has influenced some extremists in Canada. They shout the same slogans. Heck one of them was screaming about his 2nd amendment rights!

These aren't the brightest people.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:41 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post

..... These aren't the brightest people.
You can say that again. Well, McDavid got his moment of fame and now here's what people like Dean Blundell are saying about him and his ilk, and about Poilievre who is encouraging that kind of atrocious behaviour in his followers.

https://deanblundell.com/news/video-...u-think-he-is/

Old 08-29-2022, 09:42 AM

1,140 posts, read 617,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
There is no question that US right wing politics has influenced some extremists in Canada. They shout the same slogans. Heck one of them was screaming about his 2nd amendment rights!

These aren't the brightest people.
Agreed.

If you read the Alberta boards, 99% of the ppl are embarrassed by this neanderthal's antics. Even ppl who dislike Freeland are stating the obvious... this does NOT advance their cause in any way shape or form. This just makes them seem like angry rednecks or worse... trumpers.

One Albertan stated the obvious... why is it that these extremists NEVER confront politicians with facts and issues in an objective calm manner? Instead this big bearded white man with a torn wife beater shirt is screaming profanities and misogynistic names. Then he gets kicked out of the place and gloats about his "great success" in telling her how it is.

Anyone who watches the video without any political interest will tell you what they saw. It's not brain surgery, this does not advance your cause for the vast majority of the people of Canada, including reasonable people who are against Freeland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada