Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,647,005 times

Advertisements

Wow... so I'm just a legalized "stoner". It doesn't matter that I have leukemia and take chemo drugs every day of my life and am sick 6 hours a day. I found something safe that does not make me sicker like prescription drugs, that helps with my severe muscle spasms, nausea, bone pain, vomiting, headaches, and whatever other fun things I deal with every day. But it just an excuse to get stoned.

There are just some people who will never understand. I don't intend to argue the point. I only hope you never experience the pain and agony of cancer or some other severe medical problem. But if you do, there are plenty of prescription drugs out there for you. Just be careful because they kill people.

And any suggestion that marijuana is in the same class as oxycontin is laughable. And subversive, , jeesh, that's right out of the 1930's propaganda movie "Reefer Madness". LOL

Peace to all. You made my day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM

915 posts, read 2,128,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Sure, Beth. It's funny how every "medical marijuana" user is nothing more than a legalized stoner and many have admitted as much. They shop around to find a doctor that will write them a script for legal weed and it's party time. It has nothing to do with treating illness and is the same irresponsible mentality within the medical community that has resulted in the oxycontin epidemic.

If medical marijuana users truly are legit, then why are they constantly getting jacked by the cops for running grow-ops to supply their entire neighbourhood with pot? It's about as believable as a guy hooked on oxy getting caught with a kilo of heroin.
@Beth: I hope you know that I completely support your perspective, and am glad you have found something to feel better. My heart goes out to you. And I also support "subversion" - I am, after all, a musician, writer and artist. Subversion/good - blind obiedience to the status quo/bad.

@Annuvin: Your remarks support my prior post: .."we don't live in a compassionate world. Most people still eat butchered animals, we're still warring with one another, and humans still have the emotional makeup of cave dwellers."

What I would like, most of all, is for people to really read carefully what is posted, rather than jumping to conclusions based on a few words which are their "hot buttons."

Old 09-17-2012, 04:52 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvintar View Post
@Annuvin: Your remarks support my prior post: .."we don't live in a compassionate world. Most people still eat butchered animals, we're still warring with one another, and humans still have the emotional makeup of cave dwellers."
I call 'em as I see 'em.

For the record, I'm not some straightlaced n00b when it comes to marijuana, and the fantastic claims some people are making in this thread are ridiculous. But hey, have at 'er. I gave up trying to have logical debates with potheads a long time ago. It is far more painful than rewarding.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Wow... so I'm just a legalized "stoner". It doesn't matter that I have leukemia and take chemo drugs every day of my life and am sick 6 hours a day. I found something safe that does not make me sicker like prescription drugs, that helps with my severe muscle spasms, nausea, bone pain, vomiting, headaches, and whatever other fun things I deal with every day. But it just an excuse to get stoned.

There are just some people who will never understand. I don't intend to argue the point. I only hope you never experience the pain and agony of cancer or some other severe medical problem. But if you do, there are plenty of prescription drugs out there for you. Just be careful because they kill people.

And any suggestion that marijuana is in the same class as oxycontin is laughable. And subversive, , jeesh, that's right out of the 1930's propaganda movie "Reefer Madness". LOL

Peace to all. You made my day!
Believe it or not, most of us have experienced cancer, either ourselves or close family members. In some cases, like my own, both.....

Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
I call 'em as I see 'em.

For the record, I'm not some straightlaced n00b when it comes to marijuana, and the fantastic claims some people are making in this thread are ridiculous. But hey, have at 'er. I gave up trying to have logical debates with potheads a long time ago. It is far more painful than rewarding.
I personally know two elderly women, they are both married, both fine compassionate women, both raised a family, bought a house, put their kids through school , basically lived and are living clean and decent lives. They are both now consuming medical marijuana tincture as a pain killer, and neither even knew what marijuana was before their sickness. I would NEVER call these fine people "potheads", and I'm sure if you met them you'd not have a clue that they partake.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:53 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times

Old 09-17-2012, 08:23 PM

so true, and very sorry indeed

Old 09-18-2012, 07:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
so true, and very sorry indeed
medical marijuana might be fine, if strictly used for med reasons, but unfortunately this, too often is not the case...I think that is what most of us are saying....

Nita

Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 AM

nmnita...those are all your own opinions, I have mine as well.....Why should marijuana be restricted to the sick?, and why is that ok with you?...do you think that someone who's sick and uses marijuana to alleviate their symptoms is better at driving their cars, or interacting with others, than users who are not sick?....there should be NO restrictions what so ever on marijuana, it's discraceful that there is.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:35 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,168,071 times
While I believe it should be decriminalized or legalized for anyone who wants to smoke it over the age of 21, it does need restrictions like on alcohol, no restrictions is just silly talk.

And sure there should be allowances for the sick that are underage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
nmnita...those are all your own opinions, I have mine as well.....Why should marijuana be restricted to the sick?, and why is that ok with you?...do you think that someone who's sick and uses marijuana to alleviate their symptoms is better at driving their cars, or interacting with others, than users who are not sick?....there should be NO restrictions what so ever on marijuana, it's discraceful that there is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer