Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 11:59 AM

315 posts, read 211,588 times

Advertisements

I am sorry to hear about your sister.

I like the ideas especially the ipod - you can load it with music and books she loves - inspirational, healing - anything peaceful and uplifting.

If you can, make her a gift. My sister made me a book - she literally wrote a story from when we were little. You can include photos or illustrations/sketches to illustrate it for her. Call her every day and tell her you love her. Make her laugh. If you don't have time to make soemthing or feel like you don't have the talent (or can't focus now - that can happen) log on to Etsy.com and you can still send or bring her something handmade.

You can load movies and favorite tv shows onto an ipad for her and bring them to her.

Bring her a new pair of fuzzy slippers or cozy loungewear. Have someone crochet her an afghan. I don't crochet but had a red, white and blue one (mostly blue) made for my brother. He felt the love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 12:03 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,412,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
My sister was diagnosed with cancer and had surgery this past week. She was told she will require chemo and radiation therepy. I would like to send her a gift that would help her through these tough times.
She is a great person and I feel so sorry for her however I don't think she wants pity; she is accepting her fate.

About her;
She is in her 50's and she loves reading. She is an avid gardener as well. I have no experience with cancer treatment and would like to give her something that will comfort her through these tough times.

Any suggestions?

A beautiful headscarf, a gift card for amazon if she has a kindle, a couple afternoons of sitting with her after her treatment if you live close enough, a gift certificate for someone to come in and tidy up for her during her treatments (if she will allow it, my Mother would not allow it), telephone calls just to ask how she is doing and how she is tolerating the treatments, a warm blanket or quilt to keep her comfortable and warm that she can take with her to use during treatment or just leave at home for the times she is resting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer