Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 12:19 AM

268 posts, read 227,115 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had endometrial cancer that spread to their bones or a bone such as the pelvic bone? How was it treated? Radiation or R and chemo? Ablation? What was the outcome? I'm getting little information from my Dr. I have to go 100 miles south to Moffitt in Tampa (FL) now that radiation is finished. Radiation didn't seem to help as much this time. I can't get radiation for the 3rd time in the same place. Any info would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 06:58 AM

26,720 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Did you have chemo?

Old 05-16-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Did you have chemo?
I only had chemo when diagnosed 7 yrs ago. Surgery to remove the tumor followed by 6 months of chemo. No chemo these two times, just radiation and the usual anti-estrogen medication. Was on Arimidex but after the return of cancer they switched me to Tamoxifen.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:27 AM

26,720 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Moffitt has a good cancer center so you're in good hands. Your doctor needs to be more forthcoming, though. Can you tell him that you NEED more information or that you want a second opinion?

Old 05-17-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Moffitt has a good cancer center so you're in good hands. Your doctor needs to be more forthcoming, though. Can you tell him that you NEED more information or that you want a second opinion?
I told him I wanted a second opinion, a place that does trials etc. He said Moffitt was closest and an excellent place. All they do here in Ocala is radiation and chemo.

I was hoping to find someone here who had a metastasized cancer that went to their bones or pelvic bone. To see what their options were and where they went for treatment.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:59 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,750,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
Has anyone had endometrial cancer that spread to their bones or a bone such as the pelvic bone? How was it treated? Radiation or R and chemo? Ablation? What was the outcome? I'm getting little information from my Dr. I have to go 100 miles south to Moffitt in Tampa (FL) now that radiation is finished. Radiation didn't seem to help as much this time. I can't get radiation for the 3rd time in the same place. Any info would be helpful.

May I ask the kind of symptoms you had prior to your diagnosis of endometrial cancer? Did they do a biopsy which showed the cancer cells? (or you can message me if you like) or how did they determine you had this type of cancer? Thanks.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
May I ask the kind of symptoms you had prior to your diagnosis of endometrial cancer? Did they do a biopsy which showed the cancer cells? (or you can message me if you like) or how did they determine you had this type of cancer? Thanks.
They did a biopsy on a mass that showed up on a PT or CT scan. I forget which as I've had so many scans over the years. I was offered surgery and chemo which saved my life. That was back in 2010. But the symptoms of a problem started several years before that. Pain in the left side of my abdomen. Bowel symptoms since it started in a clump of endometriosis on my L. ureter and spread to my bowel. Finally I switched Drs and the new one sent me for the tests and scans. The lab determined the results of the biopsy. I know people online are claiming they have or had cancer and never had a biopsy. You can't diagnose it without a biopsy. Then last spring it came back in my pelvic bone. I had radiation and was given an anti-estrogen, taken off Arimidex and put on Tamoxifen, which of all things, can CAUSE endometrial cancer. I was fine for months, then it came back again this spring. This time it was 15 radiation treatments and nothing else as my Onc here wants to let the Onc at Moffitt decide what to do now. And yes, both times I had a biopsy of the small mass that lit up on the scans.

It's called adenocarcinoma.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:31 PM

My trip down to Moffett Cancer Center in Tampa FL was a bitter disappointment. The Dr I saw spoke very poor English and seemed to have his mind already made up before even seeing me. He had no interest in discussing the newest treatments or upcoming trials. After waiting 4 hours to see him all he recommended was 1960s and 70s standard protocol which is Taxol and one of the old platens (carboplatin). Thought he said he went over the info my Dr here in Ocala sent him, he didn't seem to know what I was on in the past or why I was even there. I thought he was to understand I wanted something newer than 40, 50 yr old chemo. And he even discouraged me against that claiming they only work for a few months and then went into the issue of how they destroy your health and last months of life... as if I were on my death bed already. He made a joke about online support groups and Forums. No one is to be believed in his opinion. Let me make a suggestion for anyone thinking of going to Moffitt. Make sure you let them know you do not want a FOREIGN Dr, no one with an accent or you may get the same one I got.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:47 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,750,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
They did a biopsy on a mass that showed up on a PT or CT scan. I forget which as I've had so many scans over the years. I was offered surgery and chemo which saved my life. That was back in 2010. But the symptoms of a problem started several years before that. Pain in the left side of my abdomen. Bowel symptoms since it started in a clump of endometriosis on my L. ureter and spread to my bowel. Finally I switched Drs and the new one sent me for the tests and scans. The lab determined the results of the biopsy. I know people online are claiming they have or had cancer and never had a biopsy. You can't diagnose it without a biopsy. Then last spring it came back in my pelvic bone. I had radiation and was given an anti-estrogen, taken off Arimidex and put on Tamoxifen, which of all things, can CAUSE endometrial cancer. I was fine for months, then it came back again this spring. This time it was 15 radiation treatments and nothing else as my Onc here wants to let the Onc at Moffitt decide what to do now. And yes, both times I had a biopsy of the small mass that lit up on the scans.

It's called adenocarcinoma.
Thank you for responding. After reading your other newer post, I wonder, can you get a different doctor? I hope you get the help that is needed and something more modern!

Old 06-12-2017, 08:18 PM

3,234 posts, read 3,191,046 times
Would UF Health be worth a visit? Just a thought as it is closer to Ocala. Maybe even Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.

I'm sorry about your experience at Moffi. A client of mine used to drive up from SFLA for treatment at Moffitt. She was a nurse & didn't trust her cancer care to the hospitals down there.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer