Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2024, 03:03 PM

13 posts, read 7,213 times

Advertisements

Well I had to have a C-T scan of my chest, abdomen and pelvis to rule out things because of a high hematacrit/red blood cells that had been going on for years. Turns out that my c-t of all major organs look good but report indicated that I have "prominent central uterine hypodenisity indicating endometrial thickening." Yikes. Obviously, I looked it up and of course it could be hyperplasia or endometrial cancer. Radiologist says I need an ultrasound. My physical exam by the hematologist (who ordered all these tests) was good and I have no symptoms (except for the higher blood counts.) No bleeding or spotting either but of course this whole experience has been scary and nerve wracking to say the least. Anyone ever have something simililar? I am due back to the original doc next week to go over all results but saw them on my chart.

Thanks in advance for any advice/answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

487 posts, read 905,372 times
I would ask if an endometrial biopsy is warranted. Its done in office. I had endometrial thickening 10 years before I developed endometrial cancer after menopause. The biopsy will confirm if there is cancer. Endometrial cancer is usually slow growing and highly curable.

Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM

37,230 posts, read 41,428,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTwinkie View Post
I would ask if an endometrial biopsy is warranted. Its done in office. I had endometrial thickening 10 years before I developed endometrial cancer after menopause. The biopsy will confirm if there is cancer. Endometrial cancer is usually slow growing and highly curable.
This.

Old Today, 04:32 AM

884 posts, read 772,777 times
I would insist on a biopsy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer