Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 05:48 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times

Advertisements

Good morning!!

I love the Good Luck Neko kitty.

And a cute one from me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 08:41 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
As long as it's not Hello Kitty. Love the pug, Lisa.

GOod morning, all. May it be a pleasant one.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:58 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
For some reason DH had trouble sleeping last night--probably the upcoming clinic--he always seems to get anxious before we go..anyhow his mood is not good because of it. I mowed the side yard and the dogs yard--probably over an acre of grass and then our neighbor came by and did the rest. DH was so put out with me for not getting the whole back yard done too. If he only knew how hard it was to mow the part I did with my arm hurting.....he seems more concerned about feeling badly about our neighbors lending a hand--and they offer and want to help. Oh well, I'm just going to keep my distance today. I sure would love to see that my DH with a smile or a laugh just once in awhile instead of a constant scowl. It's such a sad thing...even the sparkle in his eyes is all but gone...

Old 08-28-2013, 11:39 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Just keep your distance.......DH must know that mowing the huge yard should be his job.....maybe that is why he gets irritable......but projecting blame on you is just unreasonable. I am grateful that your neighbor realizes it is too much for you on top of everything else....and volunteers. DH will just have to suck it up......your neighbor is willing to help and God Bless him for it.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:54 AM

You hit the nail on the head elston. DH took so much pride in how he kept our yard and his mowing well it was "perfect" like a golf course. And yes, the reason he gets so upset is he is feeling very guilty for not being able to do it anymore but he can't. He needs to accept that--hopefully soon. We couldn't ask for better neighbors and we appreciate them so very much. I just wish I knew how to repay them--the man just tells me to go and take care of DH and that is the best repay I can give them. We are blessed to have them as our neighbors for sure. My DH has never had to depend on anyone but himself for anything so his life is upside down right now. I can see it and understand it but at the same time I told him I can only do my best and I refuse to injure my shoulder to the point it will not heal. Period. I will and always will do what I can and am able to do around here. At least I am not a lazy or a dirty person so he should be grateful for that. Things may not be perfect but right now life is not perfect! I at least make an effort to learn the new things I now have to do--things I would have never imagined me doing but I do them and I do my best.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:08 PM

I have 2 Orange Roughy fillets left and since that is DH's favorite fish I think I'll make it tonight to cheer him up hopefully. Boy, that home delivery food service from Schwan's sure has been a God send! Instead of french fries or baked potatoes I suppose I'll make some more mashed potatoes (I am so tired of those) but he can eat them easily. Maybe I'll put some garlic in them just to change it up. Plus a veggei--now to figure out what he likes best--glazed carrots!
DH is Really having trouble breathing today on top of everything else. The air is thick and humid here today and hot! Very hard for a normal person to breath much less someone like him. I can't imagine how it must feel not getting enough air in my lungs--very scary I am sure. Makes me feel so bad for people suffering from breathing problems. Got to get ready to go to the PO and then to once again stop by my Dr's office to get my prescription refilled (what a joke that is) and then to the pharmacy to wait to have it filled. Oh well, maybe we'll get lucky and they will be fast!??!

Old 08-28-2013, 05:54 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I think reality set in bit when I re-injured my shoulder today--it is really bad and it made me realize how vulnerable I am. And then to have a person depending on me to care for him well it just put a scare in me. But people have been caring for each other forever and there is things to help with the heavy work so I'll make it--I will. I was just a bit overwhelmed today. DH is not being one bit positive about his health right now and feels his time is limited--and I really don't know. I'm sure he is scared to death....I am. I would have to think this is normal? Anyhow, my Dr only will refill my meds tomorrow--she said today would be to early...I still have some I just wanted to save another drive to her office tomorrow..I never abuse my medication and if anything don't take it as often as prescribed...oh well. Might be time to find a new Dr. She is a nurse and not even a real Dr anyhow so this just might be the time to get myself a real Dr. Anyhow, time to feed my hungry critters....and my DH so I'm off for the night. Have a nice evening everyone!
Most docs know that insurance companies won't allow early refills. We had so much trouble with this during DH's knee surgeries. He is a bigger guy and had been taking meds for his bad knees for a while. I'm pretty sure he became somewhat immune to the amount they prescribed so that when he got his knee replacements, the normal amount was not enough. At any rate, I had to go all across town to get the refill when I had a Walgreen right by my house! they said I had to get it at the place I originally filled it! PITA. glad that is over.

Your neighbor is a Godsend!

Do you have a crockpot? You can do baked potatoes in it, they come out pretty good, then you can have that and mash a couple for DH. Put them in the cp in the morning and then forget about them until dinner time!

I hope you have a peaceful evening.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,353 times
I broke my leg five weeks before my husband passed away. I had to ask people to help me. I can't tell you how hard that was for me, I'd rather have my teeth pulled than to ask for help. I am still that way. I don't know why it is so difficult for me to ask for help but it is. I had both my Doctors and some neighbors get mad at me because I wasn't suppose to walk on my broken leg *smile, but I did to avoid asking for help.

Cyn, you know we are all in this life together and people really like to help, isn't it much easier to help others but more difficult to ask for help? I am glad to hear you have a helpful and loving neighbor and you are careful about your arm.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:09 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times

Good Morning cyn and friends.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:51 AM

Good morning everyone!
Elston that cat looks exactly like my "Rat" cat! Well, that's what we call him but his name was Sylvester originally.
I sure hope DH got more sleep last night. He was in a horrible mood last night. Got really upset that I fell asleep early in my chair. He wants company and I do understand that but I was so tired. Mowing always wipes me out especially when it's hot. I have a busy day planned taking pictures of some of the large things in our shop to get listed on craigslist.
Have a lovely day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving