Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 12:04 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,301,760 times

Advertisements

We have a nebulizer but he doesn't like it. He just may have to learn to like it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Elston's right, you know..... I guess feeling such emotions so intensely is part of being sensitive, and when it's pain, you sometimes feel as though the pain will tear your heart right out.... it's also the intensity of the joy you feel at joyous occasions, or even just contemplating something in the moment, be it the smile of a loved one, the way a beloved kitty's ears prick up at the sound of your voice, a beautiful sunrise ( or sunset, if you're not a morning person, hehe) the smell of pine as you walk through a pine forest, watching someone do a job so well- any number of things. Sometimes you might feel as though you're on a rollercoaster of emotions as they hit you in response to your experiences and observations, but IMO these are a little like being able to see colors, taste flavors so intensely- they make life worth living.

Of course, that's no help with the pain you experience during the sad moments, especially as these moments seem to mount up. And I wish there were some way to take some of that from you, but you know you're loved, admired, and you will prevail. ((((Cyn))))
This is almost like reading poetry---you say it so well! It is all very true.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:08 PM

I posted this on the Open House thread first and then decided to post it here too so I just copied and pasted it....sure could use those prayers.......

Not sure if it will make any difference but today I sent a FB message to a NASCAR driver's wife who we knew quite well back in the day... my DH was the one who got him out of CA and out here into NASCAR. We use to do all of his transmissions. My DH did many of the NASCAR and west coast race guys transmissions--he was the best in those years. Of course now they have all new things and there is no "tricks" everyone has the same things. Anyhow I told her I'd heard NASCAR is starting to support ALS and asked if she knew if maybe one of those huge dealerships owned by the many NASCAR drivers around NC would be willing to give us a discount for a wheel chair access van--I'd even sell my truck but but I can't afford any kind of payments. So with a lot of praying and hoping they remember their roots and all of the help my DH did for many of them we will get some good news. I don't even know if she will be able to guide me in the right direction but I'm about ready to contact the dealership itself if necessary. My DH's son would be angry if he knew I asked so I have to be very careful how I go about this. I don't know why--I suppose he feels like he should be helping more--and he should but--but right now I need to help us! Besides this a to much for his son to help with as he has his own responsibilities now. Please say a prayer for us!

Old 01-15-2014, 12:18 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
Prayers going up did you post this on the prayer thread too? There are some mighty strong prayer warriors that read that thread.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:46 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I posted this on the Open House thread first and then decided to post it here too so I just copied and pasted it....sure could use those prayers.......

Not sure if it will make any difference but today I sent a FB message to a NASCAR driver's wife who we knew quite well back in the day... my DH was the one who got him out of CA and out here into NASCAR. We use to do all of his transmissions. My DH did many of the NASCAR and west coast race guys transmissions--he was the best in those years. Of course now they have all new things and there is no "tricks" everyone has the same things. Anyhow I told her I'd heard NASCAR is starting to support ALS and asked if she knew if maybe one of those huge dealerships owned by the many NASCAR drivers around NC would be willing to give us a discount for a wheel chair access van--I'd even sell my truck but but I can't afford any kind of payments. So with a lot of praying and hoping they remember their roots and all of the help my DH did for many of them we will get some good news. I don't even know if she will be able to guide me in the right direction but I'm about ready to contact the dealership itself if necessary. My DH's son would be angry if he knew I asked so I have to be very careful how I go about this. I don't know why--I suppose he feels like he should be helping more--and he should but--but right now I need to help us! Besides this a to much for his son to help with as he has his own responsibilities now. Please say a prayer for us!
YES, YES, YES!!!!!! This is a great idea, Cyn. And you bet I will say some prayers for you and DH. And I hope you can get some positive response from those folks.

But if I were you I wouldn't worry a whole lot about what your DH's son thinks about your trying to get some help this way.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:12 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,071,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I posted this on the Open House thread first and then decided to post it here too so I just copied and pasted it....sure could use those prayers...........
You've got them, my friend.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:02 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,432 times
Hope your days get better Cyn and will ask my co-worker who is A Devout Christian to say a prayer for you and your DH..

I'm going to share a short quick story here as I believe in the power of prayer and a higher power. He locked his keys in his car recently and prayed to Jesus to help em..His car was a Toyota Corolla. After praying, he tried the keys from our jeep and low and behold they opened the door to his car. It was miracle that i witnessed.

Miracles do happen and hope no more kitties are taken from you and find the strength to keep on keeping on. Be well, to you and DH..

Old 01-15-2014, 04:11 PM

48,113 posts, read 21,994,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
Hope your days get better Cyn and will ask my co-worker who is A Devout Christian to say a prayer for you and your DH..

I'm going to share a short quick story here as I believe in the power of prayer and a higher power. He locked his keys in his car recently and prayed to Jesus to help em..His car was a Toyota Corolla. After praying, he tried the keys from our jeep and low and behold they opened the door to his car. It was miracle that i witnessed.

Miracles do happen and hope no more kitties are taken from you and find the strength to keep on keeping on. Be well, to you and DH..
A wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it and lending that encouragement to cyn.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:32 AM

Yes thank you brienzi--miracles do happen and your story did make me smile.
Had no problems last night with the kitties...but DH was having another one of his bad mood nights. I just finally told him I didn't want to talk anymore as it was only getting him more upset which causes more breathing issues. He finally calmed down. At least when we finally got to bed I held his hand and told him I love him. Yesterday we discussed how fast his body had deteriorated in the last 6 months---it's a scary thing to see much less be living in that body! This is such a horrible unforgiving disease.
I suppose he was lucky the first year as it did progress slowly and who knows maybe it will slow back down.......they just don't know.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:42 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,743,844 times
yes, ALS is a terrible disease because neither caregiver nor patient can control it.

Adjusting,adjusting,adjusting, gets frustrating.

Wishing both of you strength and perseverance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving