Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 02:36 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Advertisements

Hello cyn and friends. I have been "missing in action" the last couple of days.....I have thought of you but haven't posted much of anything.

Last week I was really sick! I had an extreme case of hives.....way past itching....my skin over 2/3 of my body ached and hurt......red and swollen. The doctor thought it was due to a med allergy....so for now I am on prednisone and a prescription anti-histamine.....and off all my medications. I see a dermatologist this Thursday.

I must say that yesterday and today I am 95% better. Gott sie dank....I couldn't take any more.
I was supposed to sing at my church this Sunday...but I had to cancel. I was sorry to leave them in the lurch....but I was way way unable to perform.

Somehow the medication regimen I am on has given me endless energy. I have been cleaning my house big time.....floors, pantry, kitchen drawers, office etc. I knew I had to clean and we are having a house guest from Japan coming over 8/9.....and I wanted everything nice for when she gets here. Between the radiation tx last summer and then the trip to Japn this spring....with jet lag and a couple of other complications.....I couldn't do anything.......But now I am on a roll. I wake up at 3 or 4 in the AM raring to go. (I wonder when I am going to crash????)

So cyn....I am following your situation and sending you good thoughts.....enjoy whatever time you can squeeze in with Amber and the grandkids.......and enjoy them guiltfree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 05:38 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Sorry to read about that Elston. Glad you are doing better. I was wondering where you were!

Cyn, I hope you are doing fine today. Big hugs.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:55 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Hello cyn and friends. I have been "missing in action" the last couple of days.....I have thought of you but haven't posted much of anything.

Last week I was really sick! I had an extreme case of hives.....way past itching....my skin over 2/3 of my body ached and hurt......red and swollen. The doctor thought it was due to a med allergy....so for now I am on prednisone and a prescription anti-histamine.....and off all my medications. I see a dermatologist this Thursday.

I must say that yesterday and today I am 95% better. Gott sie dank....I couldn't take any more.
I was supposed to sing at my church this Sunday...but I had to cancel. I was sorry to leave them in the lurch....but I was way way unable to perform.

Somehow the medication regimen I am on has given me endless energy. I have been cleaning my house big time.....floors, pantry, kitchen drawers, office etc. I knew I had to clean and we are having a house guest from Japan coming over 8/9.....and I wanted everything nice for when she gets here. Between the radiation tx last summer and then the trip to Japn this spring....with jet lag and a couple of other complications.....I couldn't do anything.......But now I am on a roll. I wake up at 3 or 4 in the AM raring to go. (I wonder when I am going to crash????)

So cyn....I am following your situation and sending you good thoughts.....enjoy whatever time you can squeeze in with Amber and the grandkids.......and enjoy them guiltfree.
Sorry to hear you were so sick, Elston- that sounds serious so I guess you'll have to do a one at a time adding back in of your meds to see which med you reacted to like that. It's not a fun process, but hopefully you'll figure it out and be able to avoid having it happen again.

Prednisone can have that effect, a sense of well being and lots of energy- and a big-time appetite too- at least that's the effect prednisone has folks on I've seen who've taken it (family members with asthma they can't get under control any other way). You have to taper down the prednisone as you go along towards the end of your dosing period, so that "high" will go down too. You can come clean my house too if you have some extra energy after you're finished with yours, LOL!

And Cyn, I guess in between all you have to do, you're looking forward to visits with your kids and grandkids! Take care of yourself, get some rest, and have a good visit. We're pulling for you!

Old 07-29-2014, 07:45 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
I am so blessed..my dear Amber is here now and with my grandson and 2 grand daughters--my newest and the oldest from my son! We are laughing and enjoying life for today! Just wish DH was here too.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:24 AM

Glad the visit is going well. Enjoy every minute spent together!

Old 07-30-2014, 08:09 AM

819 posts, read 1,591,789 times
Cyn, glad you are able to have a little fun! Enjoy those babies. Hello to everyone.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:50 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times
Awesome!!!

Old 08-01-2014, 05:01 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Today is a day with many things I need to do...hopefully DH will be coming home on Thursday--if I can get the house ready for him. That means take the king size brass and marble bed apart and store it or sell it or whatever...find a inexpensive mattress twin size for me to sit next to his hospital bed and put up some shelves to hold DH's medical equipment--all before Thursday and by myself. Looks like a couple of all nighters here . Hopefully I can find things to use in the garage so I don't have to buy anything. Amber brought the family by to see DH today--lots of tears--sadness...sure wish she lived here. But until she does I guess I will have to try my best. Today was very very hard on my heart.........

Old 08-01-2014, 07:32 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Today is a day with many things I need to do...hopefully DH will be coming home on Thursday--if I can get the house ready for him. That means take the king size brass and marble bed apart and store it or sell it or whatever...find a inexpensive mattress twin size for me to sit next to his hospital bed and put up some shelves to hold DH's medical equipment--all before Thursday and by myself. Looks like a couple of all nighters here . Hopefully I can find things to use in the garage so I don't have to buy anything. Amber brought the family by to see DH today--lots of tears--sadness...sure wish she lived here. But until she does I guess I will have to try my best. Today was very very hard on my heart.........

Oh Cyn.... is there some way you can get a neighbor or someone to help you with getting everything together, or perhaps someone at the rehab ( is there a social services department there?>)?, Or someone, anyone, who can give you a hand there with the heavy stuff, especially- taking that big bed apart alone sounds like a Herculean task, let alone dragging things from the garage to the bedroom?.

You're courageous, you're truly a Wonder Woman ( and I mean that sincerely), but I suspect that all the determination and iron will in the world don't make it any easier to do such heavy lifting, and I'd worry for you.... I know you're not Hercules!

I'm glad, in any case, that you and your DH were able to visit with Amber and her family- even with the heartbreak there had to be, I'm sure that visit meant more to your DH than anyone could ever know, and as hard as it is, you all will always be happy that you had that visit...

(((Cyn))) passing along some hugs, some thoughts and prayers and a nice padded shoulder for you to lean on and cry, as much as you need to..... but I wish I had a couple big muscular angels I could send along to help you out.....

Old 08-01-2014, 07:36 PM

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, honestly.
Is there really noone who could help you find all you need, and set those things up with you? You need your rest, you need whatever sleep you can get... It's crazy that nothing is done to help people going through ordeals like yours.
Big hugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving