Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 04:27 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Cyn, you are doing everything you can for him to be fine and comfortable, you love him so much we can feel it in your posts. Do what you feel will be best for both of you. Right now your husband only see things through his own lens, not through yours. You know all the needs he has, but also yours and those of the household. So do what has to be done, even if it's tough.
Big hugs.

You are so wise, Sudcaro. Over the past year....you have learned so much. It came hard....but you are now able to give the blessing of understanding and good counsel to our friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 01:04 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
I will be very honest with all of you here--not sure if I could pull this off without each and every one of your support! It is amazing how much you all give strength on those days when you feel you are at the end of your rope! The whole world of caregivers need to know what I have learned from each of you...I am so blessed and again I thank you all! Wish I had some way to teach all caregivers how to reach out online.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:49 PM

819 posts, read 1,592,070 times
Dear Cyn, you are doing such a great job with your sweetie. Maybe after this is behind you, you can set up a blog or just a post like the one you're on now to help other people. We are all at a stage that we can and do learn from others. We were the primary caregivers for my husband's parent's for almost 11 years (and they were in an assisted living facility) but there was still day to day caregiving and advocating for them. So, back to you and what's going on now. Please, please call in some help! If your husband is on Medicare, Hospice will be taken care of (I'm pretty sure). You cannot bear this burden alone. Sincerely wish I were closer and I would help you out. Here's a big old hug just for you.

Sud, here's a hug for your little sweet pea. What's new with her?

Old 08-12-2014, 02:09 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,318,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
Sud, here's a hug for your little sweet pea. What's new with her?
She was supposed to start a new round of chemo today but this morning her counts were still too low, so we are going back next Monday. Other than that, nothing new, she's fine!

Old 08-12-2014, 05:16 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I will be very honest with all of you here--not sure if I could pull this off without each and every one of your support! It is amazing how much you all give strength on those days when you feel you are at the end of your rope! The whole world of caregivers need to know what I have learned from each of you...I am so blessed and again I thank you all! Wish I had some way to teach all caregivers how to reach out online.
Perhaps you've already done so, Cyn, by your own example. I know I've learned so much, have had so much to think about and be inspired about in from what you've said, and more importantly, the determination, the courage, strength, dedication and love for your DH that shines through everything you say, even when you're exhausted, frustrated, and sad.

We're with you in spirit, Cyn, even though we can't be with you physically to help, as we wish we could.

((((Cyn and DH))))

Old 08-13-2014, 02:46 AM

Good Morning cyn and friends, I am up and thinking of you and sending my prayers and good thoughts for resolutions and assistance. I am very hopeful that you and DH reach out to hospice for the much needed help and assistance.....it is clearly indicated and needed and they have such a sterling reputation....as attested to by many who post on this topic. I do understand the reluctance.....as it may seem to DH....like acknowledging his inability to stave off the disease and its outcome.....but acceptance opens doors for GRACE.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:17 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,382 times
Cyn, how is he today? I hope he managed to sleep well and let you get some rest.
Its just a such a hard time you are going through right now. Hugs to you. You are doing a very good job. How are you managing your house-work and business now?

Old 08-13-2014, 06:26 AM

36,413 posts, read 16,023,456 times
Good morning Cyn and friends, hope today is better for you and hubby!!

Old 08-13-2014, 11:19 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,318,333 times
Hi!

Cyn, I don't know if you have heard about this... The ice bucket challenge to spread awareness about ALS... It is now spreading like gunpowder on social media, and I think it is wonderful because people hear about this disease. I have myself only been aware of it since yesterday, after seeing country artist Darius Rucker take the challenge, then challenge other artists to do it. It's like a chain, one does it and challenges others etc here's an article I found about hockey players doing it too

Ice bucket challenge to raise awareness for ALS sweeps NHL | Toronto Star

Old 08-13-2014, 06:44 PM

Good Night cyn...hope that today was a bit easier or at least no new hurdles.

Sudcaro....hope those red blood cells are increasing........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving