Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 11:16 AM

387 posts, read 2,130,845 times

Advertisements

She tried to bold out the door when I came home from work last night. I managed to stop her with my foot somehow. She's a quick little thing! The cats hate their collars so the S/O and I decided to let them go without. Much to their dismay, the collars and tags are back on. The were pissed last night, but they've gotten over it. They are both microchipped, thank goodness.

Now I get to figure out how to break her of this habit. Fun fun fun. These kitties are definitely keeping me on my toes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 11:19 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTaylor View Post
She tried to bold out the door when I came home from work last night. I managed to stop her with my foot somehow. She's a quick little thing! The cats hate their collars so the S/O and I decided to let them go without. Much to their dismay, the collars and tags are back on. The were pissed last night, but they've gotten over it. They are both microchipped, thank goodness.

Now I get to figure out how to break her of this habit. Fun fun fun. These kitties are definitely keeping me on my toes!
My verinary clinic has a "clinic cat" and they put a radio controlled collar on it and the sensor near the front door. Of course patrons are warned by sign before entering to remove any such receiver collars on their pets prior to entering.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:29 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,325,020 times
I've been trying how to figure the same thing! Jensen had a tendency when you open the door to want to dart out and go for a roll on the porch. It's the going outside that annoys me so much, it's the fact he's tripped me a time or two! I have a large yard and porch and he doesn't wonder very far nor does he run off. But if I lived somewhere else this would be a huge problem.

But what annoys me is he'll slip out undetected. He did that to me a few weeks ago. I went and did some errands, came home and there he was SLEEPING on the porch like he belonged.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 AM

Silly Jensen!

We are in a 3rd floor apartment near a busy street and surrounded by a bunch of people I don't know. Scary!

Old 07-08-2010, 03:34 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,325,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTaylor View Post
Silly Jensen!

We are in a 3rd floor apartment near a busy street and surrounded by a bunch of people I don't know. Scary!

Yeah, that is scary. I guess all you can do is keep an eye out. If you try and tell a cat no, they don't always listen. I've tried with Jensen especially when a strange dog or neighborhood skunk is roaming....

Old 07-08-2010, 03:51 PM

Yes, they totally have a mind of their own. I took a squirt bottle with me when I went to the dentist earlier and all I had to do was point it at Maddie when I walked in the door. She just looked at me like I was crazy but she didn't try to bolt. I think that might do the trick.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:12 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,910 times
Thank goodness you were quick. Better to be safe than sorry escpecially with a runner.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Yeah, squirt bottles are wonderful. I also use a citrus-scented aerosol can as mine hate citrus scent.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:21 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,003,495 times
I'm lucky. Our house is a split level ranch style and the side door opens into a little tiny area that is closed off from the part of the house the animals are in by a dutch door. We always make sure that door is closed before opening the outside one.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:08 AM

Well, I think the squirt bottle is really going to work! I armed myself with it when I came home from work tonight and she turned and walked away when she saw the bottle in my hand. Whew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats