Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 05:09 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,191 times

Advertisements

The last thing I needed in my house was another cat! I sure didn't want or need a bottle baby! I have been having some medical issues and not able to work since June, had no idea how serious these problems would get or even if I would be able to take care of myself...Then BHAM! There's a bottle baby at my door for me to take care of...

I should have known! I should have remembered God knows what He is doing and for everything there is a reason. I understand that now. He sent me this baby because He knows how outdone I am that I can not work and He knew I would need a distraction, something else to focus on besides myself.. He also knows the one thing that would cheer me up was a kitten and that I would love it and take care of it.

I am only fostering her, I already have 4 in my small house and I can not keep her. I made this to remember her by when she moves on to her forever home.

Warning... CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

YouTube - Caramella as she grows.wmv
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 05:23 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Oh what a precious kitty. She's adorable.

I'm not sure I could give her up. In fact, I know I couldn't give her up. Isn't there any way you can keep her?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:35 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,412 times
OMG I watched that video twice. What a wonderful miracle you have there. I sure wish you could keep her but if you just can't I hope she gets the very best forever home.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:43 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Sooo cute! and thank you for caring for her.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:50 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,617 times
Laura707, I can barely see my screen for the tears that are now in my eyes. God bless you for what you are doing! What you are doing is so huge, something that many, myself included, are unable to do. I am talking about fostering.

When it comes to say good-bye to Carmella, I pray angels support you and hold you tenderly in their embrace.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
First, Laura, I pray that you are healed and your health returns.

Caramella is beautiful. I'm such a sucker for kittie tummies. May God pick out the perfect home for her. It's obvious you've been a wonderful kittie mom.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:32 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
I liked how the red tabby "checked on" Caramella eating, and then walked away leaving her be. Looks like more than one being in that house has formed an attachment! Boundless kudos for not only taking her in, but for having the selfless wisdom to recognize that "4 is enough" and that an even better home may await.
Weasie, now 18, was a surprise gift to me when she was a few months old. A co-worker of a friend had found her with her littermates in a box - abandoned in an apartment-house lobby. She and her brother (long lost, but that's another story) were brought to me with red bows on. Barely a month had passed since I'd lost my managerial job that'd enabled me to buy a home earlier that year. In the blink of an eye I was juggling bills and living off ramen noodles in order to survive the 40% pay cut I had to take with my new job. Winter, with gifts to buy and higher utility bills, was just around the corner. During yet another night of moping around feeling sorry for myself, along came this friend bearing gifts with whiskers n' tails. Once the "shock" wore off, I sank onto the couch with a sigh: "I can't keep these...cats. I'm barely staying fed myself these days." With that uncanny instinct felines have, the new arrivals promptly scampered across the room and leapt up beside me on the sofa with purrs going full throttle. "Oh, all right, they can stay." Both were named minutes later. And they were "just what I needed" too. As a matter of fact...Weasie was in my lap purring as I scratched her ears and we watched the Caramella movie.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:30 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
What a sweet baby (now I want a kitten ...)! And how wonderful of you to care for her when she needed it most.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:05 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
what a beautiful baby girl..... hoping she finds a forever home as wonderful as her foster home.....

Old 09-24-2010, 01:16 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
I'd forgotten just how ittybitty they can be! Carmella is so precious.

And I'm so jealous - how did you make that video!!!
DM me if you feel like passing along the info, so we don't hijack the thread. I hope God picks out the perfectest home for her, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats