Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 12:51 PM

451 posts, read 999,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
my cats have always been indoor/outdoor, but i am having second thoughts about that.
3 weeks ago today my sweet little 1-yr. old went out and never came back, and it's devastating. the best i can hope for is that someone else decided they wanted her [despite her collar and tag] and is giving her a decent home. more likely that it was a fox or an owl
The number of times cats come home after even a month or more is amazing.

Also, after being gone for an extended stay (perhaps jumped into or on an open vehicle and got off a long ways away), we've noticed that they tend to become a bit more "close-to-home" during their daytime roaming.

Good luck, and don't give up hoping and following the searching advice given by others.

mg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 01:00 PM

408 posts, read 809,455 times
Quote:
The number of times cats come home after even a month or more is amazing
So true. When I was living at home with my parents, we had 2 cats runaway for over a month...one ended up being locked in someone's garage, I don't know where the other was but she just came home one day!
A few months ago another one of my cat's ran away (only for a week) but it was the longest she was ever gone from home...I posted flyers, placed a missing report with the animal shelters, and posted a picture of her on craigslist...of course, the very next day she came home!

Old 10-29-2010, 01:01 PM

408 posts, read 809,455 times
The one who ran away recently is sort of "grounded" at the moment lol...but my other cat she always comes back because she loves her mama so much

Old 10-29-2010, 01:16 PM

410 posts, read 515,190 times
My cat likes the indoors and outdoors. In the summer she is outdoors alot, but in the winter she stays inside.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:25 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,155,125 times
We live in the country on 120 acres. My two cats and dog go with me on a long walk in the morning. Most days the cats are allowed to be outdoors until 2:00 or so and then brought inside. They love to be outdoors but I want to lessen the chances of attack by a coyote, rattlesnake, or other predator; often the dog is outside with them. We may be moving to the city. Then the cats will be on leash, or put in the pet stroller when outdoors which will be a major adjustment for them (and me).

Old 10-30-2010, 10:12 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
The number of times cats come home after even a month or more is amazing.

Also, after being gone for an extended stay (perhaps jumped into or on an open vehicle and got off a long ways away), we've noticed that they tend to become a bit more "close-to-home" during their daytime roaming.

Good luck, and don't give up hoping and following the searching advice given by others.

mg
every time i drive up to the house my eyes go immediately to the door in hopes that she came home, but as time goes by it gets less and less hopeful.
thanks.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:36 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
every time i drive up to the house my eyes go immediately to the door in hopes that she came home, but as time goes by it gets less and less hopeful.
thanks.
I really hope she comes home. My thoughts are with you.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:39 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Someone dropped a beautiful little mittens tabby in our yard a couple of years ago. Precious is probably about two and one-half years old. She is an absolute joy. She never wants to go out, she is quite content being an inside girl, and she likes to lie on the back of the sofa or sleep on the bed. I am more than happy to abide by her wishes!! I would not let her go out--she is just too PRECIOUS to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats