Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 04:57 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times

Advertisements

Today I had Cookie in my lap, clipping her claws, and she was putting up quite a fuss, mewing, growling, etc. Checkers came over, all concerned, to see if she needed rescuing. He put two paws on my knee and peeked up to see what was going on, and gave me a little meow as if to say "Can I help?"

Little did he know he was next. Bwah hahahaha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 01:47 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times
Default Karma and Benji

The two pictures below are of Karma, my Mr. Love, holding Benji, who he absolutely adores. They are not related in any way, but you would not know it by looking at them. Karma I adopted through the SPCA when he showed me he owned me, and Benji was a rescue, one of the wild barn kittens who were extremely malnourished and unwell. They both at the moment look raggedy, due to the shedding they have begun to do. In between Winter coats and Summer coats, there is always a period no matter how much I brush them, that they look uncared for.

Looks don't matter in this case. What does matter, is the way Karma is holding Benji so tenderly in both his front arms, and the way he looks at him, will just melt your heart. I call Benji "Mini-Me".

I think I may have posted a very similar picture in one of my other posts here on this thread, but it is just so precious, I just had to do it again. Karma holding Benji is an ongoing thing, one that is breathtaking. We could all learn from my Karma regarding the meaning of love.

Last edited by Garden of Eden; 05-12-2011 at 08:50 PM..

Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
They are so sweet! What lovely photos. I'm glad you posted them.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:17 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,764,790 times
Ohhhhhh They are so strikingly similar in the placement of their markings; they could be identical twins, if such a thing happens in the feline world. That's a wonderful photo!

Old 01-25-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Ohhhhhh They are so strikingly similar in the placement of their markings; they could be identical twins, if such a thing happens in the feline world. That's a wonderful photo!
Thank you, Macrina. Tried to rep you, but have to spread more around first.

Yes, they could be identical twins, and I swear, the longer these two know each other, the more they look like one another. My heart just goes into my throat when I see Karma and Beji together. Just absolutely precious.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:37 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I love this thread.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:25 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
Karma and Benji are gorgeous...and they look VERY well-cared for even though they're in a shedding cycle...clearly they are very happy, lovable & pampered family members!

Old 01-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Karma and Benji are gorgeous...and they look VERY well-cared for even though they're in a shedding cycle...clearly they are very happy, lovable & pampered family members!
Thank you, Luv! They are just that......very loved and very pampered. LOL

They say how you treat others, others shall treat you. Someday my ship will come in, and I will be pampered as well. LOL But, for this lifetime, I pamper.

Has anyone noticed the huge smile on Benji's face? LOL Can it get any bigger? LOl

Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,490,423 times
What adorable pictures of Karma and Benji!! I may just have to "borrow" those pictures.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:08 PM

Default Karma

.....PS I really lucked out when Karma chose me. He is nothing but love and he is always the first angel in this house to comfort someone who is not feeling well. And that includes me. His radar is by far par excellence as in sensing someone who needs to be held. He is amazing, and just writing this, brings a lump to my throat. Imagining life without Karma is unthinkable. He and I have been through some pretty tough times when my marriage was in big trouble. Karma stuck it out with me, and today, we both are so darn happy we did.

Sorry to get so mushy, but my Karma is one very very very special furrangel. I knew it the second I laid eyes on him, and the moment he got my scent, he went crazy.....crying and carrying on as only my Karma can do, insisting, making very very very sure, he came home with me. He clawed at the bars of the carrier he was in, frantic, absolutely frantic that I may not adopt him. He made purrfectly clear that he was not gong to stop making a ruckus until I picked him up again, this time to bring him home with me. And I did.

And when he blocked at age 2, during the procedure he coded, turning purple. The vet forgot to ask me if he had eaten that morning, and I did not tell her, even though, I as a nurse should have known better. I was an emotional mess and was not thinking clearly. I thank God I was in the room with him for the procedure.....I would NOT take no for an answer......because when he coded, everyone froze. With my shout and dropping to my knees in prayer, everyone flew into action. That was too close. Just too darn close. All because of an oversight that should never have happened. There is more to this story as well, how he was put into the tank because he was so big and feisty, and me, I had NO idea at the time what the tank was. To watch him in horror as he thrashed around in absolute terror, I will never forget. That tank should be outlawed!

These and so many more reasons are why I cherish Karma so much. Just holding him is like holding an armful of God. Soft, smells like heaven, vibrating love, oh man. My Karma, my Karma. Even is name is significant because he came into my life at a very "karmic" time. I know he really is an angel. My prayer for Karma is that he and I, like the rest of my family, all go together to the next worlds together. As I am known to say to not only to him, but to all my "cat-kids", we are together forever.

I had no preconceptions of writing these words. I just love my Karma so much. And I love each and every one of my other furrangels just as much, only in a different way. I am the most fortunate woman on the planet for having Karma love me. Believe me, I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats