Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:41 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,285,041 times

Advertisements

It's as if those cats actually live in the Garden of Eden. They are lucky to have you.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 07:53 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
It's as if those cats actually live in the Garden of Eden. They are lucky to have you.
Nancy, my ID name is what I call my cat sanctuary and bird sanctuary and animal sanctuary here.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,585,079 times
I'll be watcing for updates on Bella. Glad Molly and Karma seem to be doing better.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:47 PM

11 posts, read 28,473 times
oh, our heart goes out to you. I know some people don't like cats, but if you got a good one, they are Definitely like your best friend!

Cats are so sweet. And they are super smart too. it's the lion in them, i guess.
Our friend just lost their cat, they were 15! They died suddenly too. They had some vomitting, but seemed pretty happy & content when they left their rental house.
When they came home for lunch though, the cat was about to collapse.. and started to run under the bed.
Cats.. sometimes, they don't really let you know, like dogs do, if there's something wrong. They're sort of like Indians that way. They say the Indians, when they know they are going to die, will go off, somewhere alone, to die in peace..
They are still heartbroken over their pet's death.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 PM

Default Correction

I am correcting myself here. My brain is on overload, and "other things."

You can have occult blood in the feces and have a problem. It depends how far up the intestinal tract a problem is.

Due to the vet who passed Bella on her exam, shrugging the "dark" drainage from her eyes from an infection (prescribed antibiotics) and an ointment for her eyes as well, and her "dark" feces from the Blue Buffalo Tuna food which Bella was eating at the time, I did not push the issue. I was clueless at this time, and trusted this vet explicitly.

Over time, as I began to educate myself, I became more and more proactive in Bella's health, determined to help heal her. When Princess died 3 months after this visit with Bella at the vet's office my trust in ALL vets went in the grave with Prinny. So many factors involved in all this, so many special cats to help, all adds up.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:33 AM

This morning brings a blessing in the form of my vet, God bless her. I had left her a phone message and she called me back this morning. I described to her what is going on, and she asked if it could possibly be an URI that is going on with Bella? BINGO! Remember I said in another post that the URI was going around here?

Poor baby! What with the inflammation in her mucous membranes in her nose and sinuses, that pressure brought pain to her new surgery sites in her mouth. She is also running a low grade fever, so I will be giving her fluids today, force feeding her, and keeping her in the study where it is nice and warm.

Sometimes, you just don't see the tree through the forest! I was SO focused on her mouth problems I forgot to rule out the possibility of an URI. DUH!

The appointment for tomorrow has been canceled. (relief!) And in the meantime, I will apply for Credit Care, for it is interest free for a while until we can pay the bill off, IF we need to resort to this.

Thank you all for praying. (((HUGS))) to everyone!!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 03:46 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,587,058 times
(((HUGS))) back at ya, Garden!
I'm glad you don't have to visit the vet, and am praying for speedy recoveries all around at the Garden of Eden sanctuary!

Old 02-09-2011, 04:02 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
My prayers are already sent your way. I have been there myself with pet dogs, know what your going thru, we have a dog right now with hardly any teeth, and have always watched what he ate and took very good care of him, it is still sad when this happens. My prayers and thoughts are coming your way.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:10 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,327,596 times
Prayers still going your way....

Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 PM

The power of prayer is amazing. Thank you.

In case you missed my other post, Bella's dental problem is not acting up because my vet, who called me today, called it. She said it sounded like URI because it was just too darn early for Bella to be experiencing dental problems again. I feel quite foolish, for knowing that yes, the URI was going around here, and no, not even thinking that Bella was ill with it. Talk about tunnel vision? Yes, she is quite ill poor baby and the vet said to keep giving her the Buprenex. With all the inflammation going on in her mucous membranes, her new surgery sites are quite painful. I've been keeping her in the warmest room of the house for she is running a temp, have been force feeding her, and giving her water.

Karma has been very quiet, very sleepy and now I believe he too is down with the URI. I still want him checked though, on account of the possible neurological or hyperthyroidism symptoms.

Molly is the best of all three, but sticking to me rather closely today. She seems upset because her sister Bella is ill and now Karma isn't feeling well.

Cuddles and Rocky definitely both are recouping from the URI. I had to wash blood off of windows today, and I have a feeling it was Rocky. Oh, these poor babies.

I never want to go through again what we went through with Molly. I pray, dear God, I pray we don't ever experience such intense stress again. We as a family unit reeled and were so scared we were going to loose our precious Molly. And now, the aftermath.

God bless all of you for your prayers. They have been really needed here. Again, I myself am not feeling well with the aches and sweats and horrible fatigue, so I will cash in on those prayers myself as well. Thank you from all of us here at the Garden of Eden from the bottom of our hearts. Every blessing to each and every one of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats