Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:57 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
I wonder if he'd like it.
The cats in the picture look pretty enraptured! I bet Moe would love it as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 02:37 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,340 times
Decision has been made and the order has been placed for that perch! Can't wait to put it on there so he can enjoy the view without always falling down. Thanks Ohiogirl and Catsmom

Old 10-19-2011, 04:54 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
Maybe he's upset there will be no chance for a a Beatle reunion with John and George gone.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:41 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Maybe he's upset there will be no chance for a a Beatle reunion with John and George gone.
That would be enough to make anyone upset LOL!

Old 07-15-2015, 04:50 PM

2 posts, read 5,877 times
My cat is a 16 month old female. She will jump into my lap, rub against me and purr. She'll even stretches out and goes to sleep in my lap. But if I approach her or try to pick her up she runs away like lightening. I have to be very careful of how I touch her at all or she will swat or bite at me.it is so frustrating because I'd so like for her to be a cat that I can touch and cuddle. I've never been able to clip her claws because of this.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:53 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
Hello all,

My one cat named Moe (i have two) runs away from me and my husband and any small noise all the time. His brothercat does not run, and is very lovey and talkative. Moe straight up bolts away from everything. I have given up (we tried Feliway pheromones, it did nothing, we tried giving him all the attention - didn't work, we tried giving him more treats, THAT didn't work) and just surrendered to him being a "scaredy cat" but I am SO TIRED of him running.

Could he be afraid of me? Right now he's staring at me from the corner of the other room. I have his brother chilling on the floor next to me. I give them equal attention, but even that is hard with Moe constantly running away. He runs and hides under a blanket or in his little cat tree house. It's making me sad Should I take him to the vet? He was fine when he was a kitten, then something changed. He is ONLY remotely affectionate when I go to feed them. Any other time it's like he hates me. He even runs away from the dog! The only one he's cool with is the other cat.

I was just wondering if it is me and what else I could do to help him. He hisses at my husband all the time, but I defend the cat in that sometimes my hubby *can* be scary looking, ha! I mean, we don't want the cat to be super over affectionate cat, but we just think he hates us for some reason. I know some cats do run from things, but last night all I did was take out my pony tail (just for an example) and he hissed and bolted up the steps...ARGH why kitty?
Our Cailleach does this and has since we got her but she turns around and comes right back to see what the noise is/was.

She is outright neurotic and there is no fixing it she is just as she is, she does get up in bed with me when I get snuggled in and she gets her pets then goes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats