Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,474 times

Advertisements

My kitten has no scar, clipped ears, no short hair (Never has been) but never is in heat. all she does is meow when she wants out and tries to play with two neighborhood cats. (I think the striped tabby is a tom) called Buster who's black and white and another tabby cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 05:21 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,540,413 times
If she was spayed very young, the scars might not show. Have her belly shaved. She might have a tattoo. If in doubt, have an ultrasound performed.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:53 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,038,071 times
how old is your kitten? where did you get her? Basically, what makes you think she was spayed? Many SPCAs spay very young, you won't notice any scar - especially with fur covering it (can you find her naval? they have them, but they are hard to find). If she is still very young, she could be too young to go into heat anyway. As MissNM suggested, an ultrasound would tell you for certain.

Why would you expect her to have a clipped ear?

Old 03-07-2012, 07:11 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,585,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo10 View Post
My kitten has no scar, clipped ears, no short hair (Never has been) but never is in heat. all she does is meow when she wants out and tries to play with two neighborhood cats. (I think the striped tabby is a tom) called Buster who's black and white and another tabby cat.
Hello and welcome to the forum. Could you please give us more information on your kitten.

How do you know she's never been in heat? How old is she? Has she been to the vet at all? Where did you get her from?

She should not be outside, interacting with other cats when you don't know if she is spayed, and especially if she hasn't been vaccinated.

You are risking her health, and an unwanted pregnancy (which will also risk her health) by doing so.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,429,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post

Why would you expect her to have a clipped ear?
The clip feral cats' ears when they trap and neuter them.
Was she a stray you're thinking may have been trapped and fixed?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,997,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo10 View Post
I hope you are aware of the dangers of letting a cat outside to roam around. Please think this over before she gets older and harder to keep indoors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats