Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 10:22 PM

76 posts, read 96,485 times

Advertisements

this past summer me and my 5 cats have moved to Providence from Israel for college (well the college is for me obviously)
as the summer is approaching so is their yearly vaccination.

can anyone here recommend a great vet with a good touch when it comes to cats in the providence area?

my only issue is that i would prefer a clinic that does not support declawing and do not do it in their practice. I know it is hard, as it is sadly a very common procedure here in the US, and as RI is so small, there are only so many vets.

if any of you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you all so much!
Maya and the gang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 04:53 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,100,559 times
wrong forum- try Providence RI forum

Old 03-11-2012, 08:58 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,663,296 times
There's at least one cat-only vet in Providence, called City Kitty, but they do perform declawing when requested. It certainly doesn't appear they would push it on anyone. It may be a somewhat common procedure in this country, but for most these days it is not anywhere near automatic or assumed. With a quick search it appears about 25% of cats in the US have been declawed, and my hunch would be that trend has peaked and is going down, but I don't know that for certain.

If you want firsthand reports from people who may have actually visited Providence vets, I agree, might be better to ask on the Providence local forum. In this Cats forum it will be hit or miss if anyone is truly familiar with the Providence area. I got that practice's name with a simple internet search for cat vets in Providence.

Good luck to you and your kitties, moving from overseas with 5 cats is quite a handful!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 AM

76 posts, read 96,485 times
Thank you Greg

I posted a message at the RI forum as well, but there is nothing like a cat lovers forum to give you the best answer, i am still hoping for a good answer so we'll wait and see.
and yes, moving 5 cats oversea is quite a handful, but there is nothing more rewarding then coming back home after a long day in school and having five furry purring creatures welcome you home (i wouldn't mind a tall dark and handsome non furry one too.. but oh well) :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats