Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:37 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAndJerry16v View Post
Anyone tried IV colloidal silver?
Colloidal silver may help treat secondary infections, which are common in FeLV + cats. But as I said the last time this thread was revived. THERE IS NO CURE FOR FELINE LEUKEMIA.

Cats have been known to live long happy lives with this disease, but there is no cure for it.

I have come across recent published articles that suggest that cats become much less susceptible to it as healthy adults. I may have saved the links but will have to hunt for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 04:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,556 times
Cecilia...I would like to know if your cat is still living. My precious cat has just been diagnosed with feline leukemia...and only had weeks to live. Did the new drug work? thanks..Linda

Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganlyn View Post
Cecilia...I would like to know if your cat is still living. My precious cat has just been diagnosed with feline leukemia...and only had weeks to live. Did the new drug work? thanks..Linda
These people seldom come back. Many suspect they're just shills for snake-oil cures and treatments. There is no known cure for feline leukemia.

The best you can do for them is keep them indoors so there's less exposure to harmful bacteria and viruses, keep them on the best wet diet you can, avoid stressing them and keep their litterpan as clean as possible.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,518 posts, read 6,325,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganlyn View Post
My original post was from 2007. Mr Mouskiewitz passed away before I could get the medication delivered so I cant really say if the drug works. You could check to see if any more trials have been done. At the time I felt it showed promise.
Sorry about your kitty. I hope things work out for you.

Heres a newer link from EHOW.
http://www.ehow.com/way_5514512_leuk...acemannan.html

Last edited by Cecilia_Rose; 02-07-2013 at 06:24 PM..

Old 12-25-2013, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,161 times
I noticed two big lumps under my female one year old cat Sheba and took her to the vet, only to find out she was positive for feline leukemia. He advised me that her prognosis was not good and cautioned me against chemotherapy because according to him, even if it goes into remission, eventually it will come back. Sheba had chronic diarrhea and we were not able to treat it successfully. I then noticed more lumps along her body just as she began to get weak. I tried two natural products; one for cancer support and the other one to boost her immune system, however, she continued to deteriorate. Just as I picked up pain medication to keep her comfortable. I was praying to GOd to help me find some natural product that would help her, and my next door neighbor introduce me to a natural product for humans that contains 16 natural ingredients and stimulate bone marrow production of healthy cells. I gave her one capsule a day( dissolved in water and given with feeding syringe three dosages per day) for 10 days, and to my amazement, her diarrhea went away by the 2nd day, and her neck lumps(lymph nodes) went completely away. The other lumps in her body are almost gone, her appetite is back, (she was almost bones) and she is more playful. Please don't give up in finding alternative products that can make the quality of life of your infected cat much better, and leave the rest to God.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Sadly, there are people who die of cancer because they believe in these miracle cures. By the time they realize these "cures" are worthless it is too late for conventional medicine (chemo etc) to save them. Pity the animals who can't speak for themselves.
Sadly, there are many pets and people alike, who die everyday of so-called "incurable diseases" like cancer b/c they choose to believe only what a mainstream medical professional tells them. I guess those that believe otherwise and get healed must just be living a dream.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,508 times
I just lost my kitty today from leukemia, she ran a 107 fever and high white blood count, the doctor said to me that she is in bad shape that he thinks there is nothing else He can do for her, that she is really sick. I had to put her to sleep, I feel like there could of been more that can be done for her. I miss my friend, and feel guilty that I had to sleep her.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:46 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved kitty.

In re reading this thread there seems to be some misconceptions about FeLV and cancer.

There is feline leukemia (FeLV) which is a virus, is not treatable by chemotherapy or radiation, palliative care is the only known treatment (not cure), but many cats can live long lives with it.

And there is leukemia, which is cancer. The two are not related.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:35 PM

2 posts, read 3,515 times
I also have a 1 yr. old male cat that was diagnosed yesterday as positive for FeLV when I had him neutered. I refuse to put him down just because he is positive. The vet said he could live a good long life and to build up his immune system .... with L-Lysine, I bought the tablets and cut the 1,000 mg in 4ths, crushed the 1/4 tablet into a powder, then mixed it with a small bit of wet cat food...he gobbled it right up. Vet said to give 250 mg/daily.

Good to know about the Ester C....what dosage did you give your cat? Does anyone know of other natural remedies and the dosage to booster a cats immune system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:54 AM

While using l-lysine it's better to use the pure powder. No crushing (better for you) and no binders (better for him)

1/4 teqspoon of pure l-lysine powder is 500 mg, which is the usual daily dose, give half in the morning food and half in the evening.

Feed an all wet, good quality diet. This will help keep him healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats