Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:40 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,518 posts, read 6,325,899 times

Advertisements

This last week I brought my Mr Mousiewitz home to say goodbye before I put him to sleep. He has feline leukemia and hes very sick. The vet gave me pain meds for him so he wouldnt suffer. Truthfully I was hoping he would just go in his sleep. But Mr Mouskiewitz had other ideas. When I saw how hard he was fighting to stay I just had to look for a solution.

After much searching I found this info on Friday. My vet was not aware of this drug. I contacted the company who makes the drug and spoke with the vice-pres. He faxed info on their drug trials and studies to my vet. According to the study Acemannan has a 70% sucess rate. But Im not sure I can keep him alive until the drugs arrive this comming week..

I wont be posting for a while but I wanted to post this site just in case.somebody else needs it.

Sundrop Crystal- Feline Leukemia Treatment, Aloe and Acemannan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 04:43 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
This last week I brought my Mr Mousiewitz home to say goodbye before I put him to sleep. He has feline leukemia and hes very sick. The vet gave me pain meds for him so he wouldnt suffer. Truthfully I was hoping he would just go in his sleep. But Mr Mouskiewitz had other ideas. When I saw how hard he was fighting to stay I just had to look for a solution.

After much searching I found this info on Friday. My vet was not aware of this drug. I contacted the company who makes the drug and spoke with the vice-pres. He faxed info on their drug trials and studies to my vet. According to the study Acemannan has a 70% sucess rate. But Im not sure I can keep him alive until the drugs arrive this comming week..

I wont be posting for a while but I wanted to post this site just in case.somebody else needs it.

Sundrop Crystal- Feline Leukemia Treatment, Aloe and Acemannan.
Cecilia,

There are probably thousands of incidents of people who have CURED their cats of Feline Leukemia. The reason they were able to so it is because they used medcines that conventional vets are not trained to use (since they are only trained to treat SYMPTOMS of problems with DRUGS and SURGERY). When you find a good holistic vet or any good EXPERIENCED naturopathic practitioner with a proven track record of curing so-called "incurable" diseases, you'll find this out. (They are just incurable by conventional practioners that have never been trained on how to use natural methods which strengthen the body's own immune system to fight disease.)

What I would do if your cat were my cat is after learning the very diagnosis, I'd put my cat on a high quality, probably home prepared mostly raw meat with a feew well cooked vegetables diet-- with digestive enzymes. Then I'd IMMEDIATELY give 1/4 to 1/2 the human dose of a good brand of Colloidal Silver which is a Natural antibiotic, and anti-viral and anti-fungal and it is WONDERFUL --- literally a medicine chest in a bottle--- and it tastes and looks like water so it is easy to give. Since animals and children respond quickly to natural medicine you should notice improvement within a week or two.

There is much more you could do for your cat. If you are unable to find a good experienced holistic vet with 10 solid years of experience, these people will take an email question. They've been curing "incurable" diseases of their patients and their pets for 25 years. They are wonderful! For more details, check out their website HolisticHealthline.com - Your Direct Line To Great Health!

Old 02-18-2011, 09:46 PM

3 posts, read 33,987 times
Default FeLV Question

I found 2 feral kittens over the summer. The bottom line is one is sick with FeLV, I do go to a holistic vet and spent over 800.00 dollars already.

They were both neutered, rabi shot, and the black and white one came back positive.

Told me build up the immune system, he's been on an antibodic twice already for a fever.

They also told me to add Ester-C to their food.
Tommorrow I have to pick up some chinese herbs.

How do you build up the immune system, this is all so new to me....GEEZ, I am lost. First time I had a real sick baby on my hands. I have them in the house now,

The tiger one got his booster today for the vacine FELV

Old 02-18-2011, 10:14 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times
Default May I ask....

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeny View Post
I found 2 feral kittens over the summer. The bottom line is one is sick with FeLV, I do go to a holistic vet and spent over 800.00 dollars already.....
May I ask what you got for $800? Was it extensive testing or antibiotics or x-rays? Was it the cost of herbs and vitamin/minerals? That seems excessively high.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Cecilia,

There are probably thousands of incidents of people who have CURED their cats of Feline Leukemia. The reason they were able to so it is because they used medcines that conventional vets are not trained to use (since they are only trained to treat SYMPTOMS of problems with DRUGS and SURGERY).
The veternarians I worked with, grads of Pen State and Cornell University, were taught to both TREAT and CURE disease. Not just to treat symptoms while ignoring a correct diagnosis and a cure. Anyone who has a vet who only treats symptoms, needs to find another vet and report the one they just left.

Quote:
When you find a good holistic vet or any good EXPERIENCED naturopathic practitioner with a proven track record of curing so-called "incurable" diseases, you'll find this out. (They are just incurable by conventional practioners that have never been trained on how to use natural methods which strengthen the body's own immune system to fight disease.)
When I looked into this several years ago I couldn't find one naturopathic practitioner with a proven track record. Perhaps you can tell us how these lic. veterinarians are found. I would be willing to give one a chance if one with a proven track record could be found. Sooner or later one of my kitties will need to see a vet.

Quote:
What I would do if your cat were my cat is after learning the very diagnosis, I'd put my cat on a high quality, probably home prepared mostly raw meat with a feew well cooked vegetables diet-- with digestive enzymes. Then I'd IMMEDIATELY give 1/4 to 1/2 the human dose of a good brand of Colloidal Silver which is a Natural antibiotic, and anti-viral and anti-fungal and it is WONDERFUL --- literally a medicine chest in a bottle--- and it tastes and looks like water so it is easy to give. Since animals and children respond quickly to natural medicine you should notice improvement within a week or two.
That would be quite a dose for a 10 lb cat. The average weight of a person today in the USA is around 165 lbs. Before giving a dose of anything to a cat the person needs to break it down carefully or call their vet for the correct dosage. You can kill your cat by experimenting on the dosage or the drug/herb/vitamin/mineral etc.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:50 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times
Just want to clarify that there is no known cure for Feline Leukemia. These 'miracle cures' capitalize on desperate people. Many FeLV+ cats live long happy lives, they just tend to get sick more often than healthy cats, usually with URI.

Yes good nutrition is important of course. Perhaps l-lysine to boost the immune system. Some people treat with interferon. Keeping stress down. Keeping exposure to germs at a minimum.

PS this thread has been revived from 2007 The OP never came back, to this forum, anyway.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:37 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
About 20 years ago we had a kitten test positive for feline leukemia. the vet treated her with a form of Interferon, I just remember it was a capsule. Apparently it worked, she went on to live 20+ good years. Unless she really didn't have feline leukemia to begin with, or just a false positive, but whatever......it worked.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Just want to clarify that there is no known cure for Feline Leukemia. These 'miracle cures' capitalize on desperate people....
Sadly, there are people who die of cancer because they believe in these miracle cures. By the time they realize these "cures" are worthless it is too late for conventional medicine (chemo etc) to save them. Pity the animals who can't speak for themselves.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:32 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
I've lost two cats to feline leukemia over the years, and I'd love for there to be a real cure for it, but I don't know of one.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:29 AM

1 posts, read 28,248 times
Anyone tried IV colloidal silver?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats