Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 02:04 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,420,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Stuck somewhere. Without knowing the living space it's hard to know for sure just where, but they can get into some strange spaces. Inside a mattress, up into the wall or ceiling somewhere, it's hard to know if those are possible but sometimes they are. When you get home you'll just have to do a really thorough search.

It doesn't sound like he is purposely not coming out. Unless he was injured (let's hope not!) he should be fine once you find him. Even though it will have been 24 hours, he'll be okay. And once you find him, try to block off whatever access he has to that spot if you can.

I'm hoping for just stuck and can't get out rather than injured and can't move to get out. Maybe he will make enough noise to help you tonight.
That's what worries me the fact that he did not make any noise, he is very vocal and will make noise/move when he hears his name. I called his name numerous times and did not hear anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 02:12 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
I wonder if a stud finder would work on the walls to detect the cat? I'll bet it would. I'd get one (they're cheap) and run it along every wall of every room at about 3 inches above the floor and then again at 8 inches above the floor.
Yes, seriously....I would. The cats are my reason for living.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:22 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,660,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
That's what worries me the fact that he did not make any noise, he is very vocal and will make noise/move when he hears his name. I called his name numerous times and did not hear anything
Well it is a bit worrisome for sure, but we'll hope for the best. The trick will be to turn off anything else that's making noise and see if you can hear. Also I'm thinking if he's been stuck for a day he probably won't be feeling that great and thus may not have much of a voice, etc. But one day away from food/water won't be enough for long-term issues if he's not injured and doesn't have some other medical issue. He might be mildly dehydrated or something.

You may not hear him though and you'll just have to be systematic in the search. Maybe get someone to help if there is anyone you can ask.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I wonder if a stud finder would work on the walls to detect the cat? I'll bet it would. I'd get one (they're cheap) and run it along every wall of every room at about 3 inches above the floor and then again at 8 inches above the floor.
Yes, seriously....I would. The cats are my reason for living.
Did not know this could be used to detect cats, will get one if I cant find him. Thank you

Old 09-03-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Well it is a bit worrisome for sure, but we'll hope for the best. The trick will be to turn off anything else that's making noise and see if you can hear. Also I'm thinking if he's been stuck for a day he probably won't be feeling that great and thus may not have much of a voice, etc. But one day away from food/water won't be enough for long-term issues if he's not injured and doesn't have some other medical issue. He might be mildly dehydrated or something.

You may not hear him though and you'll just have to be systematic in the search. Maybe get someone to help if there is anyone you can ask.
Yes, that is what I will do, I won't leave anything unturned. I am just hoping he somehow got away while I was gone and will be there to greet me at the door like he always does. Thank you for your help

Old 09-03-2013, 02:50 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Please let us know, DCmum! I have a feeling that it will be good news but of course we will be worrying too!

Old 09-03-2013, 03:02 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Ours sneeks out and climbs a tree to the roof. When she mows it sounds like it's in the house but then I see the beady eyes peeking over the edge of the house.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:57 PM

False alarm people I found my cat Monkey laying in the middle of the living room as if nothing happened? monkey | Flickr - Photo Sharing!. I just snapped this quick pic of him( this is how i found him). Thank you everyone, I wonder where he was

Old 09-03-2013, 04:35 PM

400 posts, read 750,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
False alarm people I found my cat Monkey laying in the middle of the living room as if nothing happened? monkey | Flickr - Photo Sharing!. I just snapped this quick pic of him( this is how i found him). Thank you everyone, I wonder where he was
He's gorgeous! Such a relief! It would be good to know where he was and he must have been stuck since he was crying for you last night.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Dance View Post
He's gorgeous! Such a relief! It would be good to know where he was and he must have been stuck since he was crying for you last night.

Thank you, yeh I wish i knew where he was. Thank God I left all doors opened this morning before leaving for work. He probably was able to find his way out of wherever he was
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats