Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 02:56 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,529 times

Advertisements

yay!

One of our biggest emergencies (my dog couldn't walk, etc.) turned out to be digested aluminum foil in his rectum. I can tell the story much more dramatically, but all turned out well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 02:58 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,557,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
yay!

One of our biggest emergencies (my dog couldn't walk, etc.) turned out to be digested aluminum foil in his rectum. I can tell the story much more dramatically, but all turned out well.
wow, there's one for the books! Never heard that one before. Poor thing. Ya, I guess we can all be alittle dramatic about our precious furbabies.

Thanks for the support!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Oh that must be a great relief!! Hope it didn't tear up his tummy too much!

A friend of mine had a puppy who ate her nylons! Well, that was an emergent surgery. That dog was always into something.....

Old 12-18-2007, 07:06 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,017,229 times
deegers,

That's great news. I was thinking she may have been dehydrated.

I care

Paula

Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Well, that is one thing I can scratch off of my list of things to worry about. I never heard of a cat eating an artificial tree before, but I imagine it was not very comfortable.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:15 AM

365 posts, read 699,240 times
Deegers, I always enjoy your posts, you should write for the newspapers, seriously...Im glad your meow meow is doing better, when mine get to wheezing or acting like they want to hurl, I go investigate the toilet, they sometimes drink from that if they are indoor babes, gives them the queezie tummy I think... if they start singing "fa la la la la" from their bottoms tho we know wots inside!, lol....Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2007, 03:07 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,557,787 times
Thanks LuAnn245, that's so wonderful of you to say! I feel like I can be myself on this forum. Many of you I feel like I know almost personally, though as personal as you can get in cyberspace. LOL

Happy Christmas!

Old 12-24-2007, 04:02 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegers View Post
Update today, for those who care:

And this will be a funny update for you....

He pooped the green fake tree stuff out! Phew! Poor little guy, we agreed that he was probably in some discomfort the other night which is why he wasn't so active. he's back to being himself tail up and meowing. His appetite wasn't quick back to it's original last night, but he ate. Today, he's catching up for lost time! Gosh!

So, let this thread be an example that the little fake tree pieces can be passed!

I must have missed this. Glad to know that he's going to be alright!

Old 12-25-2007, 01:27 PM

365 posts, read 699,240 times
...Merry Christmas to all, I just love this forum too, Deegers, hope your little kitties are all good today, I gave mine some yummie munchies for Xmas, they loved it... this forum here on cats just keeps me laughing so much, Golden Mom you too... everyone have a beautiful and Merry Christmas!!!....love Luann and her babies

Old 12-27-2007, 12:53 AM

9 posts, read 30,755 times
Default Always Glad to Hear a Happy Ending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegers View Post
Update today, for those who care:

And this will be a funny update for you....

He pooped the green fake tree stuff out! Phew! Poor little guy, we agreed that he was probably in some discomfort the other night which is why he wasn't so active. he's back to being himself tail up and meowing. His appetite wasn't quick back to it's original last night, but he ate. Today, he's catching up for lost time! Gosh!

So, let this thread be an example that the little fake tree pieces can be passed!

I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone here cares... (I love the level of concern that people here show towards their pets...) I'm glad to hear that your baby is on the mend...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats