Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 01:11 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times

Advertisements

Got up this morning, went into my living room, and found this ...

Um, no, it's not normally crooked! What else did I find?

Yep, Moggie's up there again! I think she just comes down to eat and use the litter box. Silly Moggie!

I have to say after reading some of these replies that I am VERY happy that my kitties have never chewed on wires (actually, no kitty I've ever had has ever done that). I think I just got lucky in that respect!

I have had a couple jump on my keyboard and type unmentionable things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 01:16 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Speaking of odd perches, Cookie likes to sit on top of the ductwork in the basement that's coming out of the furnace. She jumps onto a cabinet, then onto the windowsill, steps on a couple of water pipes, and up on the duct. In the winter it's warm, and in the summer it's cool. She has full view of the bird feeder outside, and Checkers won't bother her up there.

Checkers burrows between the top sheet and the comforter on my bed. He'll stay under there for hours; I'm amazed he can breathe. He gets sat on occasionally ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Thanks for posting in my thread. I was posting in a different Cats thread that made me pretty sad so it was nice to come over here and read the fun and funny replies!
No doubt all our cats' mischief and mayhem could keep this thread going for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
We had a dedicated fax machine. One of our cats slept in that room (fortunately, she wasn't a wire-chewer). She loved to send faxes in the middle of the night. There was a button where the fax machine would automatically resend the last fax. She loved to step on that button. So at 1, 2, 3 AM we would hear that familiar fax sound. No one ever said anything about getting a repeat fax in the middle of the night!
LOLOLOLOL!

Old 01-09-2016, 03:10 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
I'm also fortunate in never having a cord-chewer. With my old house with few receptacles, and all my electronic gadgets, that would really have been a problem.

But my 'no off-limits' rule hasn't been without incident. I have a medium size air compressor on a work bench in the back utility room that I use for my hobbies. The bedroom is also in the rear part of the house, separated by the bathroom. The off-on switch of the compressor is on the top casing of the motor (you can see where this is going, I'm sure). One night my wife & I had just gone to bed and were almost asleep, when that compressor suddenly kicked on. Ordinarily it's noise isn't all that bad, but late at night when it's quiet is a whole other matter. It scared the pee out of both of us, not to mention the cat that did it, who was scrambling out of the back room & through the kitchen like the devil was after her. It took me minute to figure out what it was and get back there to turn it off. Took a lot longer to calm down and get back to sleep.
It was obvious what had happened. One of the cats had been snooping around on the work bench, and had climbed up on the compressor.... stepping on the switch in the process. The very next day I bought a power strip with a switch and mounted on the wall, and plugged the compressor into that. Made me have to turn on 2 switches to use it, but that's a lot better than being woke up by a Mack truck going through the bedroom.
We never did know for sure which cat did it, but after that Angel wouldn't go near that compressor, and still won't. So......

Old 01-09-2016, 03:18 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times
My three girls are allowed anywhere, but Bella is constantly cruising behind the entertainment center where there are UPSs and switches and stuff. I know who the culprit is when I hear the beeping.

This morning at 5:04AM the whole house generator came on. In my sleepy haze I yelled out "Bella, stop it" not realizing what that actually was.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:24 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
A long time ago when I had my Bear, one day I found him on top of the fridge. He jumped on the counter (which was next to the fridge) and then on the fridge. For one thing he wasn't even supposed to be in the kitchen, not to mention the counter & fridge. When I found him, he gave me such a look that I had to take a pic of him. (Don't know where the pic is at the moment.) The look basically said, "HOW DARE YOU catch me doing something I'm not supposed to be doing."

Cat

Old 01-09-2016, 04:56 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,199 times
lol I will never forget

the doorbell rang and my mother had been loading the dryer and went to answer it

came back, finished loading, switched the dryer on and walked away

One very unhappy set of yowls later she found the cat

Old 01-09-2016, 05:39 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
lol I will never forget

the doorbell rang and my mother had been loading the dryer and went to answer it

came back, finished loading, switched the dryer on and walked away

One very unhappy set of yowls later she found the cat

As a kid, we had a kitten that died in the dryer because she thought that was a good place to sleep and my sister didn't look when she throw her clothes in.

This is why I ALWAYS keep my dryer door closed.

Cat

Old 01-10-2016, 06:51 AM

24,478 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That's a nice thought, but I think Prof. Einstein would tell you that's not possible.... due to the space-time continuum thingy.
He was not a cat person

Old 01-10-2016, 07:02 AM

24,478 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
Years ago, we had a home-based business. We had a dedicated fax machine. One of our cats slept in that room (fortunately, she wasn't a wire-chewer). She loved to send faxes in the middle of the night. There was a button where the fax machine would automatically resend the last fax. She loved to step on that button. So at 1, 2, 3 AM we would hear that familiar fax sound. No one ever said anything about getting a repeat fax in the middle of the night!
Extra treats for the office staff please.

TwoStep helped me to place an international call using prefix 011 and ended up calling 911. Two dashing young cops in pulled in the driveway, sirens going. What did the hussy do? Scooted out and and figure eights around their legs. See what I brought home? Sure beats a dead mouse!

No wonder non-cat people cannot understand cat people!

Old 01-10-2016, 11:19 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Extra treats for the office staff please.

TwoStep helped me to place an international call using prefix 011 and ended up calling 911. Two dashing young cops in pulled in the driveway, sirens going. What did the hussy do? Scooted out and and figure eights around their legs. See what I brought home? Sure beats a dead mouse!

No wonder non-cat people cannot understand cat people!
I have to ask- did they give Two Step a ticket for misusing the 911 system?
Maybe you got lucky & one of the cops was cat person.

On the other hand, maybe Two Step thought Mom needed help (or arrested ) and called 911 on purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats