Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
OK, but that jurisdiction would have to be outside the US.
https://www.revolution4cats.com/default.aspx
Australia or New Zealand.

Here's what Joe's says about that:

All of the products listed on our web site including Frontline, Advantage, Advantix, Revolution and Heartgard are exactly the same as the products you would purchase locally. In fact they are even made in the same factories to exactly the same specifications and then simply packaged for different geographic markets. There may be some minor packaging differences such as weights listed in KG's rather than lbs where the target market has the metric system.

We understand that your concern for your pets welfare is your first priority (as it is ours) so if you don't feel 100% comfortable with your purchase then return it and we will offer you a full refund upon receipt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 08:04 AM

638 posts, read 993,986 times
I am beginning to wonder if it's necessary for indoor cats every single month myself.?????

Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl_98 View Post
Hello,
I just went to the vet today and they said that my cats (who remain indoors, yet we are in Florida and they do go out on a screened in porch on the 3rd floor) should be on revolution. I didn't think they needed it because they are indoors. What do you all think?
Before you decide, get him blood tested for the parasite. Your vet will better advise you (I hope).

Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
I am beginning to wonder if it's necessary for indoor cats every single month myself.?????
My cats are not on any of these products... so far no fleas or internal parasites. They're indoor only cats.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 851 times
Hi Jessie, Im new on here and I just saw an old post of yours (08') I believe about choosing a specific route to provide counciling and therapy as a MC, or MSW, and also the PhD or PsyD? You posted several points that I would like confirmation on. I have heard (as you have stated) that the MSW can allow one to do therapy and it may be the better route as it has a wider billibility and job prospects. (I understand that location, type of business and timing will also influence the answer to this). But how is this done? It's my understanding that academically, a Social worker is not trained to provide behavioral counciling the way a masters in counciling will. If my university does not offer a MSW with an emphasis on counciling then would I have to get additional training and mentorship on the job?

And then if I decide to go the Doctorate route as you did, my inclination is to do clinical therapy and not research which points to the PsyD over the PhD. But you say it doesn't matter, please explain. And I also keep hearing as you have pointed out, that the PhD can be paid for or tuition-waived. And as I ask around, Iv'e not been supplied with a straight answer. A professor at Midwestern U. (AZ) told me that the biggest difference (outside of pay and time in school) between the Masters level and the Doctorate level is that Doctorates allow for Psycho-analysis testing; MMPI, IQ, Personality, etc...and Masters holders are not (unless they are trained, licenced and do so under a licenced PhD or PsyD)...and I thought, thats it? There's gotta be more. He said there are more smaller differences, but that was the only BIG one. If I make the decision to go that route, at the risk of sounding a bit shallow...I need a bigger reason than 10-15k more a year and being able to give a Rorscharch. Unless of course the PhD is paid for!..:?Please help (I know that was a bit long), thank you, Jay

Last edited by DobieDude; 11-13-2012 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats