Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:01 PM

814 posts, read 762,709 times

Advertisements

How many go to sleep and wake up in morning to find your cat or cats sleeping next to you?

Every morning for me. They used to wake me up. One would lick my face, the other would aggressively rub against my face until I got up to feed her. They no longer do that, only one of them might walk on my back, but that doesn't bother me as much. Either way, they're both right there sleeping next to me every morning, but for some reason prefer to start elsewhere, then make their way up somewhere on the middle of the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 04:37 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,591,917 times
We might let our 4 month old kitten into the bedroom when we go to bed.... IF he behaves. He plays WAY too aggressively in the bedroom. We usually have to kick him out and shut the door.

It would be nice to have him sleeping there when we woke up.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:15 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,909,692 times
We have 3 cats, and Lucky is officially mine. He is the perfect roommate/bed buddy. When it is bedtime, I simply say "Ok, Luck, let's go to bed" and he jumps off the sofa and runs into the bedroom. Then he plops himself down next to me , or on top of my legs, and goes to sleep for the entire night. He does sometimes, when the sun comes up, start walking over top of me to let me know it is breakfast time, but otherwise he sleeps like a rock.

Daisy occasionally joins us, and she has gotten better at sleeping all night too. But with Lucky on one side, and Daisy on the other, it is hard to move around at night. But, you know how it is, we never want to disturb them.

Chewy has no interest in being on the bed at all. He sleeps on the sofa all night.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:10 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,937,594 times
All my cats through the yrs have always slept on the bed....

I'd miss them if they slept elsewhere

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
How many go to sleep and wake up in morning to find your cat or cats sleeping next to you?

Every morning for me. They used to wake me up. One would lick my face, the other would aggressively rub against my face until I got up to feed her. They no longer do that, only one of them might walk on my back, but that doesn't bother me as much. Either way, they're both right there sleeping next to me every morning, but for some reason prefer to start elsewhere, then make their way up somewhere on the middle of the night.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:07 AM

20,909 posts, read 9,628,012 times
I only let my cat sleep with me on Friday and Saturday nights (or, the night before any day I have off of work). The reason for that is, when she does sleep with me, I ALWAYS get woken up around 5am by her wanting breakfast. I don't want that when I have to get up at 6:25 to go to work. On the weekends, however, it's OK since I can sleep in the rest of the morning.

But even on those Friday and Saturday nights, often she doesn't join me until sometime after I've gone to sleep. I think sometimes she starts sleeping somewhere else, not knowing if it's Friday or Saturday night, and then in the middle of the night realizes my bedroom door is open and then joins me.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:47 AM

10,122 posts, read 6,494,654 times
Gosh, I wouldn't know what it was like not to wake up with cats on the bed. Three of them sleep there all the time; the only "outlier" is the oldest one. Unfortunately she has resumed her habit of jumping up on my high antique bed close to breakfast time (on HER time clock), which is what caused her previous ACL tear.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:39 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,283,703 times
Could not anymore. Happy likes to sleep on my neck. One time, she almost choked me in my sleep. Also, the bunny stays in my room at night so she won't be harassed by the cats.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:47 AM

5,859 posts, read 5,314,890 times
Josette ALWAYS sleeps at the foot of the bed. If I bring her up to me (which I do from time to time) she will run-only to come back again and settle down at the foot of the bed.

Sometimes Electra will sleep next to me and steal my pillow every now and again. But, lately she will sleep downstairs in "MY" chair. I call her up every night and sometimes she will come up.

Elvira once in a while will sleep at the foot of the bed while we are watching something and then take off when we turn off the light. But, she will come up in the wee hours of the morning on my pillow, and sometimes will curl up on my neck and purr in my ear. She doesn't stay long. Every now and again, when Hubby gets out of bed, Elvira will jump up and steal his spot.

During the day, Josette is ALWAYS at the foot of the bed. Elvira will sleep in either my spot or Hubby's.

Cat

Old 09-28-2017, 10:59 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,045,314 times
Many years ago when I had a cat, he slept at the top of my head, half on/half off my pillow.

Now, I'm catless but have a dog. I can't sleep well if my dog isn't next to me. She hides in the bathroom when it thunders. Her absence is heartbreaking when that happens.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:14 AM

430 posts, read 337,794 times
My cat sometimes does. I had a favorite pillow that he's now claimed as his and since he sheds like crazy, it's definitely his pillow now. I originally left it there just in case I wanted it, but didn't like sleeping with three pillows. Now he curls up on it to sleep with me. I guess it's comfy and a better alternative than sleeping next to my feet cause I stretch and sprawl out in my sleep and have accidentally kicked him a few times. At one point I was just rubbing my foot on his stomach thinking 'wow, my covers are REALLY soft' and woke up to being nipped on the toes. Guess he didn't like that much.

Though I like waking up next to a purring cat. I love animals as is and it makes my morning all the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats