Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 11:45 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatHerder View Post
Uh oh, is it weekly? Thanks. Thought the vet told me monthly after 6 weeks. She's supposed to get her second shot today but with the ice storm we're having, it remains to be seen if I can get out.
We're having torrential rains and flooding here (Wisconsin). It's a mess!

You can give the injections subcutaneously at home. It is easy (and much cheaper).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 07:30 PM

409 posts, read 292,876 times
It has been awhile since I posted here and I wanted to provide an update. A sad one, I’m afraid. We had Catrina put to sleep this morning after her having struggled the last couple of months with was belatedly determined to be kidney and liver cancer. It was finally diagnosed after my going to see a fifth veterinarian, after repeatedly being told by the others that the urination was related to her arthritis. I had to pay for over $600 in tests to get the correct diagnosis, but at least I finally knew what was going on.

After a long winter, we have finally had spring-like weather, and this morning, Catrina went outside with me to enjoy a beautiful morning for the last time. She has been my constant companion when I do yard work, following me around to check on what I’m doing. It will be impossible for me to garden without thinking of her. Her mother, Xena, also accompanies me during yard work, so that is some consolation. Xena is the last of the small cat family that I took in 13 years ago, when they showed up in our backyard. Catrina’s littermate died of cancer last year.

Thanks to all of you that expressed concern and offered advice. Your kindness and helpfulness was much appreciated.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:08 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,910,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatHerder View Post
It has been awhile since I posted here and I wanted to provide an update. A sad one, I’m afraid. We had Catrina put to sleep this morning after her having struggled the last couple of months with was belatedly determined to be kidney and liver cancer. It was finally diagnosed after my going to see a fifth veterinarian, after repeatedly being told by the others that the urination was related to her arthritis. I had to pay for over $600 in tests to get the correct diagnosis, but at least I finally knew what was going on.

After a long winter, we have finally had spring-like weather, and this morning, Catrina went outside with me to enjoy a beautiful morning for the last time. She has been my constant companion when I do yard work, following me around to check on what I’m doing. It will be impossible for me to garden without thinking of her. Her mother, Xena, also accompanies me during yard work, so that is some consolation. Xena is the last of the small cat family that I took in 13 years ago, when they showed up in our backyard. Catrina’s littermate died of cancer last year.

Thanks to all of you that expressed concern and offered advice. Your kindness and helpfulness was much appreciated.
So very very sorry. You worked so hard helping Catrina. What a beautiful story about the cat family and their helping you with yard work. I'm sure they had wonderful lives with you as Xena will continue to do.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:06 AM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
So sorry to hear that. RIP Catrina.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:45 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
There's been too many of these posts lately, and too much sadness for the folks affected. Once again I'm giving my heart-felt condolences for the loss of a precious, furry family member. My heart goes out to you Catherder. Time will heal, but that doesn't help the present much, I know.
Your story reminded me of my late wife, who also enjoyed the company of various members of our cat-crew while she gardened. She often told me that she didn't know what she would do without all the 'help' she had in the garden.

Peace be with you.

Run free at the Bridge, Catrina

Old 04-30-2018, 11:51 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times
I'm so very sorry.

Our Tucker used to sit by me when I would hang laundry outside. He's been gone nearly 4 years and I still think of him every time I hang laundry. I hope, in time, you will remember the happy times while you're gardening.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:58 PM

409 posts, read 292,876 times
Thanks, Rene. It gets easier with time, but I'm still feeling sad about it. And so sorry about your Tucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
I'm so very sorry.

Our Tucker used to sit by me when I would hang laundry outside. He's been gone nearly 4 years and I still think of him every time I hang laundry. I hope, in time, you will remember the happy times while you're gardening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats