Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 12:27 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,835,476 times

Advertisements

The crisis with the leaking Pepsi cans has passed.

Jackie has forgiven me for blaming her and has forgotten all about the incident.

The Pepsi cans were all cleaned and checked for leaks.

They were all firm and full with no leaks when I put them in the refrigerator.

This morning I found that one of them had turned from a cylinder into a square.

I don't know how that could happen.

The can was full and I could not bend or compress it.

It will probably remain a mystery because I'm going to drink it at lunch, throw it in the recycle barrel, and forget about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Caught the Culprit!-pc.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 01:26 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,284,845 times
I had that happen with a Pepsi can, too. I don't drink soda and I really hate any kind of cola. However, back in 1999, Pepsi had a promotional can for Woodstock 2. My mother bought a six pack and gave one to each of my sisters and of course me. I had the can sitting on top of my microwave. Then I noticed all sorts of sticky goop on top and down the side of the microwave. I realized that it was the can of Pepsi. I cleaned it up. The can was then empty but it was kind of cool because it wasn't opened. It made for preserving the can better.

One time when I was visiting one of my sisters, I noticed that her can was sitting on a bookshelf. I told her about my incident and thought that she might want to move the can in case the same thing happened to her. At least mine was fairly easy to clean. If it leaked out on her books, that wouldn't have been good.

Oh, and BTW, Jackie is beautiful. She looks a lot like my Brandy (who crossed the Rainbow Bridge a long time ago ).

Cat

Old 08-05-2018, 03:24 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,835,476 times
I'm glad to hear it happened to somebody else.

I was beginning to think it was caused by Garage Demons, like the ones who always release the pressure of my spray paint cans when they are still half full.

When we opened it for lunch, it was not leaking, but was flat.
Then we knew for sure that it had it had formed a leak and sealed it back up.

If we complain to Safeway, they will probably give us a new 12 pack.
My wife will do that.

We go there once a week to do our shopping, and they always cheat us by four or five dollars.
When we get home she checks the receipt against the list that she makes from the Safeway web site.

She takes the info back the next week and shows it to the Customer Service manager.
They always refund the money.
They usually say the scanner was having difficulties.

Nobody even checks it anymore.
They just give her the money.

Most people don't even check their receipt.
I'll bet Safeway makes millions every day from "scanner errors".

Jackie is a special cat.

She is our most vocal cat and the only one who responds and seems to really understand what I'm saying.
When I'm talking to her, if I move a little she can follow me with her eyes with out moving her head.
Most of my cats would follow my movement by moving their heads, if they paid any attention to me at all.

I don't have any recent kitty pictures, except Jackie that I took the other day.
I hope to get pictures of them all.
If I do, Ill sneak them in somewhere in a post.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:15 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,926,767 times
This post made me smile. Glad you found the source of the "leaks." These days they make cans as thin as possible, and it doesn't take much for a can to get a hole in it.

She is a beautiful kitty.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:41 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,376,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
The crisis with the leaking Pepsi cans has passed.

Jackie has forgiven me for blaming her and has forgotten all about the incident.

The Pepsi cans were all cleaned and checked for leaks.

They were all firm and full with no leaks when I put them in the refrigerator.

This morning I found that one of them had turned from a cylinder into a square.

I don't know how that could happen.

The can was full and I could not bend or compress it.

It will probably remain a mystery because I'm going to drink it at lunch, throw it in the recycle barrel, and forget about it.
It may have been nearly full of liquid, but didn't have enough pressure. I drink Dr Pepper in the 16 oz plastic bottles, and sometimes I'll put one back in the fridge that doesn't have much left in it. Later when I take out the bottle it will be sunken in on the sides like your can was. I think it has to do with the unpressurized air in the bottle contracting as it cools.... or something to that effect. No pressure in the can resulted in the flat soda, and was probably that way when you put it in the fridge.
Anyway, glad Jackie's like most cats, and willing to forgive our human errors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats