Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 12:56 PM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times

Advertisements

I just found a 3-4 months old tortie kitten on the front porch. Nothing but fur and bones. Friendly little thing! She is now in a big carrier, fed, watered and content. My two cats are going ballistic!!!

Mustang Cat Rescue, Animal Shelter, all two vets, emergency vets - call back Monday. Yukon - you are not in our jurisdiction.

I cannot risk bringing a stray animal into the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 02:07 PM

436 posts, read 579,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
I just found a 3-4 months old tortie kitten on the front porch. Nothing but fur and bones. Friendly little thing! She is now in a big carrier, fed, watered and content. My two cats are going ballistic!!!

Mustang Cat Rescue, Animal Shelter, all two vets, emergency vets - call back Monday. Yukon - you are not in our jurisdiction.

I cannot risk bringing a stray animal into the house.
I just had this happen. I have two cats and my neighbor brought a skinny kitten to my house thinking it was my cat. I couldn't turn her away so in the extra bedroom she went. I posted to social media and got no response at first so I took her to the Vet and had her shots and exam done. Three days later her owner found my posts and she had just rescued the kitten two days before she wound up at my house which is why the kitten was so skinny.

The kitten is back home now so it all ended well. Hopefully you can post to Facebook and Nextdoor and someone has lost her? My cats went nuts too while the kitten was here but I just kept them separated.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:44 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTexanTea View Post
I just had this happen. I have two cats and my neighbor brought a skinny kitten to my house thinking it was my cat. I couldn't turn her away so in the extra bedroom she went. I posted to social media and got no response at first so I took her to the Vet and had her shots and exam done. Three days later her owner found my posts and she had just rescued the kitten two days before she wound up at my house which is why the kitten was so skinny.
She just "rescued" the kitten ... but lost her in 2 days?

OP, best of luck to you!! I hope the story ends well.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
She just "rescued" the kitten ... but lost her in 2 days?

OP, best of luck to you!! I hope the story ends well.
She has young children and one of them opened the door, the kitten went on an adventure. The kitten traveled through two neighborhoods and a greenbelt. She is quite adorable, friendly and smart! Wow is she smart, the kind of kitten you could maybe teach tricks and probably leash train. I was kinda sad to give her back but my cats (who are really the boss of the house) were not sad. The young children cried tears of joy when kitten returned, they thought she was gone forever. I think they are making sure she doesn't door dart again.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:20 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTexanTea View Post
She has young children and one of them opened the door, the kitten went on an adventure. The kitten traveled through two neighborhoods and a greenbelt. She is quite adorable, friendly and smart! Wow is she smart, the kind of kitten you could maybe teach tricks and probably leash train. I was kinda sad to give her back but my cats (who are really the boss of the house) were not sad. The young children cried tears of joy when kitten returned, they thought she was gone forever. I think they are making sure she doesn't door dart again.
Ah, I see how that could happen with young kids! Thanks for clarifying. That story could have ended really horribly so I am glad it didn't.

OP, any photos?

Old 11-12-2017, 06:53 AM

Wizzy (short for wizard and we do,not yet know what you are) wolfed down a can of food and dry for breakfast. Looks and feels a lot better after a night with a warm bed (my electric desk floor mat is under a bid dog crate with reflective sleeping pad, litter box, ....), seems to be clean and a talker. Our furries know something is going on. Tomorrow morning will be a trip to the vet. Not the world's most pleasant one more a factory but close by.

FB is not my thing. Can you help me with that? No, I try not to impose. I will contact Mustang Animal Shelter again.

I am still so upset about how people brushed me off with answers like 'you can leave her out' (Mustang PD where the shelter line rolls over to). So much for one of the best towns to live in.

If Wizzy integrates with the others - all will be well.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Wizzy (short for wizard and we do,not yet know what you are) wolfed down a can of food and dry for breakfast. Looks and feels a lot better after a night with a warm bed (my electric desk floor mat is under a bid dog crate with reflective sleeping pad, litter box, ....), seems to be clean and a talker. Our furries know something is going on. Tomorrow morning will be a trip to the vet. Not the world's most pleasant one more a factory but close by.

FB is not my thing. Can you help me with that? No, I try not to impose. I will contact Mustang Animal Shelter again.

I am still so upset about how people brushed me off with answers like 'you can leave her out' (Mustang PD where the shelter line rolls over to). So much for one of the best towns to live in.

If Wizzy integrates with the others - all will be well.

After two days of posting everywhere I thought I wasn't going to find tabby Kitten's home. I started approaching no kill shelters and rescues. They all blew me off. I even offered to foster her until she got adopted, I need their visibility to find her a new home. It really upset me too as I had volunteered at various rescue organizations in Dallas fostering, doing adoptions, cleaning the cages at the adoption center. I was looking for a new one to volunteer for in Tulsa and let's just say I found several I won't volunteer for. This kitten was highly adoptable, but fortunately I found her home and they were missing her!

Here is the lost and found pets for Yukon and Mustang on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7197...996/?ref=br_rs

Here is the Nextdoor neighborhood for Mustang. https://nextdoor.com/city/mustang--ok/

A lot of lost pets are reunited on Facebook and Nextdoor.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:20 AM

I am sorry to hear that you had similar experiences. There are some tarnished halos out there. I called my hairdresser who has been in business 40 years, is active in the community and one of the big churches. She got the word out yesterday. A friend involved in dog rescue will post FP for me.

On the lighter side - SO got kitten food which she really enjoyed, they spent qualify time. Looks better, wants attention and talks!

The only hurdle might me our queen bees. Cross fingers and paws please.

Can a mod please move this to the cat forum? Thank you.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:24 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,265,870 times
Quote:
I am sorry to hear that you had similar experiences. There are some tarnished halos out there. I called my hairdresser who has been in business 40 years, is active in the community and one of the big churches. She got the word out yesterday. A friend involved in dog rescue will post FP for me.

On the lighter side - SO got kitten food which she really enjoyed, they spent qualify time. Looks better, wants attention and talks!

The only hurdle might me our queen bees. Cross fingers and paws please.

Can a mod please move this to the cat forum? Thank you.
It's amazing how fast little ones can perk up. I had one who's mom would not nurse for more than a snack, doing her feeding on the porch. I mixed formula with wet food and she did fine, but we were lucky. She stayed too, since she had decided she was home. Mom outside had gone away and she was sitting on the porch, crying and joined the family.

And be glad that some shelter takes kittens and cats where you live. The one here in town takes ONLY dogs. They put down cats when they walk in the door. One reason a lot of people have a few extra cats here.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:27 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
I love the name wizzie, & I hope the older ladies will allow her to stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
View detailed profiles of: