Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 02:26 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times

Advertisements

Today would have been Electra's 19th birthday. I am missing her like crazy. I have been thinking about her so much in the last couple of weeks. Last night when I told Hubby that it was her birthday, I started crying-again. My tears are not spent yet. Don't think they ever will.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 03:05 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Today would have been Electra's 19th birthday. I am missing her like crazy. I have been thinking about her so much in the last couple of weeks. Last night when I told Hubby that it was her birthday, I started crying-again. My tears are not spent yet. Don't think they ever will.

Cat
Cat, so sorry to hear this but I know Electra's so happy and waiting to see you again in the afterlife.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY , DEAR ELECTRA!

Old 05-02-2020, 09:15 AM

272 posts, read 130,971 times
I am so sorry for your loss. Your kitty was beautiful.

I lost my Margo almost a year ago. When I pray, I often ask God if he is getting good kisses (I had taught Margo to head butt me on the mouth when I asked if she was giving good kisses). I talk to Margo's picture. A tiny portion of Margo's ashes are in keychain hung from the rear view mirror in my truck. Margo loved going for rides, we called it an adventure. She goes on adventures now wherever I go.

Your kitties know something happened. They're now missing a kitty. Your moods have changed. Cats are generally pretty smart. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe Electra and Margo are getting acquainted in Heaven as they await us. Because kitties have been a huge part of my life, I think God loves cats.

Old 05-03-2020, 12:59 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post

Cat
Let them flow when you need to. It's ok.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:39 PM

307 posts, read 99,998 times
I'm very sorry for your loss.

My cat passed away two years ago at the age of 14 and I still miss her.

Animals like to hide when it's their time to go. My cat passed away when we all left the room to do some errands. When my grandmother was ill and her time came, the cat left the room where my granny was staying and didn't enter until she passed away. It was like she sensed that my granny's time came and wanted to leave her to pass away alone and in peace.

Don't feel bad because you weren't there when your cat passed away. Many animals prefer it that way.

After my last cat died, I promised to myself that I won't be keeping pets any more, because they live much shorter than us and it's so hard to say goodbye, but I miss having a cat, so I'm not so sure any more...

Old 05-04-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrea View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

My cat passed away two years ago at the age of 14 and I still miss her.

Animals like to hide when it's their time to go. My cat passed away when we all left the room to do some errands. When my grandmother was ill and her time came, the cat left the room where my granny was staying and didn't enter until she passed away. It was like she sensed that my granny's time came and wanted to leave her to pass away alone and in peace.

Don't feel bad because you weren't there when your cat passed away. Many animals prefer it that way.

After my last cat died, I promised to myself that I won't be keeping pets any more, because they live much shorter than us and it's so hard to say goodbye, but I miss having a cat, so I'm not so sure any more...
You should reconsider. Your not only depriving yourself of the joys of having a pet and all the good things that go with that, but you're also depriving a cat of the wonderful home you could give it. I've lost many beloved pets in 30 years, and it's hard, but very much worth it IMO.

Old 05-04-2020, 02:56 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
If you can provide a home for a homeless cat or two, please do. The joy of them for the years that they bring to your life outweighs the pain of losing them at the end of their life. There are ALWAYS kittens and cats of all ages that would benefit from a loving home. Check out some of the videos people post, you will want all of them!

Old 05-05-2020, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
You should reconsider. Your not only depriving yourself of the joys of having a pet and all the good things that go with that, but you're also depriving a cat of the wonderful home you could give it. I've lost many beloved pets in 30 years, and it's hard, but very much worth it IMO.
I know. This is not my first cat that passed away. It never gets any easier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
If you can provide a home for a homeless cat or two, please do. The joy of them for the years that they bring to your life outweighs the pain of losing them at the end of their life. There are ALWAYS kittens and cats of all ages that would benefit from a loving home. Check out some of the videos people post, you will want all of them!
I always want all of them!

Old 05-05-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrea View Post
I know. This is not my first cat that passed away. It never gets any easier...

I always want all of them!
Kittens are like potato chips......(can't have just one)

Didn't mean to sound preachy in my earlier response. But I truly believe that adopting another one is the best medicine for a broken heart.

Old 05-05-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Kittens are like potato chips......(can't have just one)

Didn't mean to sound preachy in my earlier response. But I truly believe that adopting another one is the best medicine for a broken heart.
I believe that, too.

It's just that - I planned to move and didn't want to get a new cat until I resolve that situation. It seems that I probably won't move after all, so I will search for some kitten soon. I wanted to do so this spring, but all this coronavirus situation made everything difficult...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats