Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 03:18 PM

23,512 posts, read 23,986,796 times

Advertisements

Our cats have a few favorite places to sleep:: our bed, their beds, the living room couch, the dining room chairs or the cat condo. They switch randomly, but will come back to our bed when the weather gets colder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2024, 08:08 PM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Our cats have a few favorite places to sleep:: our bed, their beds, the living room couch, the dining room chairs or the cat condo. They switch randomly, but will come back to our bed when the weather gets colder.
Good kitties!!

Old 04-13-2024, 07:33 PM

2,623 posts, read 1,170,699 times
I think Since River became sick it has made the other cats behave differently. Next time you bring River to the Vet maybe you should ask if River being sick is why they changed their sleeping places.

One of mine would always sleep next to me when I went to bed. Later after I fell asleep she would go into the closet. My guess was it was early in the morning and with only blinds that let sun in she didn't like that. She wanted total darkness as do I.

Old 04-13-2024, 08:07 PM

7,478 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Well, my cats snuggle up tight in the bed in the winter. When it warms up they don't (I feel so used) -- LOL

Bunny has Arthritis of the Lumbar Sacral joint (where the tail meets the spine). She was dragging and I had her X-rayed about 3 years ago. We have had her on Gabapentin (and I do a liquid MSM Glucosamin Chondroitin).

Bunny just got her first injection of Solensia (a new arthritis drug) and she is able to walk around WAY Better. Nothing completely miraculous (other than just seeing her up and moving around a bit might be considered rather miraculous at this point).

I have "foot warmers" for the kitties in the living room (They Love Them!) It is kind of a low heat that lasts 8 hours.

What I do is take Bunny to bed when I go up (and that way she can use the litter box). Some nights she will not stay in bed long or comes in and out. Some nights she's there when I wake up 6-7 hours later (leaning against me).

90+% of cats have arthritis at 10 years. You might want to get them some arthritis treatment. There's usually an underlying medical issue with their behavior changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats