Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2019, 10:44 AM

124 posts, read 60,598 times

Advertisements

How To Get The Perfect Photo Of Camera Shy Cats!-img_20190625_121748_258.jpg

Is your cat camera shy? Midnight HATES taking pictures. Sometimes he will actually sit and let me take photos of him. Most of the time, when he sees me trying to get a photo of him he will get up and walk toward me so I cant get the picture 😩 The solution I came up with is to use VIDEO STILLS. Just record them in the pose or moment you are trying to capture (since most likely they will move) because even if they move you can still get the photo you wanted.

Play the video back and screenshot the video still. Crop as necessary and VIOLA! But when he IS cooperative, I am able to get photos like this one 😃
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 11:01 AM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
He is a beauty!

Old 06-25-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
He is a beauty!
Thank you!

Old 06-25-2019, 12:26 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Most cats are very photogenic.... when they're asleep. Yours is a common problem a lot of cat folks have. I like your solution of video stills, but some of us are rather technically challenged. Distracting them from the you & the camera is what works best, and it's very helpful if someone is there to help with that.
You also have an all black cat, which are very difficult to photograph due to their color. Believe me, I have several thousand pics taken over the years, and there are many more bad ones than good. Take as many pics as you can at the time, then keep the best ones.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Most cats are very photogenic.... when they're asleep. Yours is a common problem a lot of cat folks have. I like your solution of video stills, but some of us are rather technically challenged. Distracting them from the you & the camera is what works best, and it's very helpful if someone is there to help with that.
You also have an all black cat, which are very difficult to photograph due to their color. Believe me, I have several thousand pics taken over the years, and there are many more bad ones than good. Take as many pics as you can at the time, then keep the best ones.
What you said is very true. I take a lot of pictures of him sleeping for that very reason. LOL. I used to do the trick where I use something to get his attention to look at the camera but Midnight is very smart. He stopped falling for it. Or he would look and immediately look away. So many blur pictures. Out of like 10 pictures, 1 or 2 are probably good enough to post. The other thing I try to do is pretend Im just on my phone, turn the shutter sound off and take pictures of him without him knowing. LOL. I can definitely relate to lighting resulting in bad photos of him too.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:29 AM

11 posts, read 16,189 times
have u guys consider taking videos, and then using stills of frames in the videos as photos?
that works for me after i tried taking photos for a loooong time

Old 06-27-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyinpink View Post
have u guys consider taking videos, and then using stills of frames in the videos as photos?
that works for me after i tried taking photos for a loooong time
How To Get The Perfect Photo Of Camera Shy Cats!-20171031_152613.jpg

Yes. I mentioned it in my original post. I get some of the best pictures that way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats