Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by open minded View Post
I am all too familiar. I also try to keep the dryer closed to avoid them getting in there. However, sometimes they are too quick and while you have your back turned to put an armful of warm clothes in the laundry basket they jump in and get comfy.

yeah they don't know...looks comfy to me. Beautiful cat by the way
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 11:03 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,244,035 times
yup, this is how my friend's cat died....needless to say, I am VERY paranoid about this now with the 4 cats!

Old 08-01-2008, 03:17 PM

1,890 posts, read 1,563,130 times
I know 2 different people this had happened to, it's so sad.

Thank goodness my kitties like to stand on top of the dryer and watch me!

Old 08-01-2008, 05:47 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
It's scary. Everytime I hear something thumping in dryer I get run and look. My current kitty just likes climbing up on things and as far as I know hasn't gotten in the dryer because he can't get out into that room...that I know of!

Old 08-01-2008, 07:55 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagylyn View Post
Thank goodness my kitties like to stand on top of the dryer and watch me!

You do realize they are supervising, right?

Old 08-02-2008, 09:05 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,008,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
When are we not supervised? I can't even sweep the floor without a little "help."

"Rough 'n Tumble" Gumbo is the black and just a little bit of gold one. She's our Saints cat and we've got to get her back to full happy for football season. (Peeky is the gold one and she's our LSU cat. Her middle name is Mike, because it's just not fair using Mike as a first name for a girl. Both named after mascots!).
Attached Thumbnails
Cat in Dryer-002.jpg   Cat in Dryer-032.jpg   Cat in Dryer-dsc03727.jpg  

Old 08-02-2008, 11:30 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,532,899 times
OMG...this happened at our house too. I turned my back to do something while the dryer door was open...turned back to the dryer and finished adding our wet clothes...turned on the dryer and walked away about ten steps. I heard a loud thumping and thought to myself what did I put in there that is doing that??? I walked back to the dryer and opened it to find one of our cats in there. Thankfully, he was very okay. I freaking had a heart attack in the mean time!!!!! I was shaking so bad. I never saw him slip in there. It scared me so bad that I am very aware to always shut the dryer door even for a second if I am not watching. I always check to make sure one of the cats didn't climb in there right before I turn it on. It could have ended badly, but it didn't!!!!!!!! Lesson learned.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:12 PM

1,890 posts, read 1,563,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
So true, so true!!

Old 08-26-2010, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 45,819 times
OMG !!! My cat was in the dryer !!! ...... Prob 10 minutes ! I was in the shower. I checked on the pants I put in to get the wrinkles out and saw blood on them. Then I heard a faint meow. I look in and saw my poor Panda Man !! Blood from him nose and mouth, panting profussly. I picked him up and put him in the crisper in my fridge opened the freezer and dumped the whole bag of ice on him. Called the nearest vet and took him in. THANK GOD !!! They gave him a shot of dexamethazone for shock and inflamation. Took him home hour later. His mouth is blistered on the roof, same with the inside of his ears. Overall he is fine. Back to purring again. His coat was really staticy and fluffy when I went to pick him up. The vet said we should change him name to Fluff n Fold. My heart dropped when he said that, after seeing the terror in my eyes he appologized. My husband thought it was funny. OMG !!! I am sooooo lucky. Thank you GOD !!! I LOVE my pets with a PASSION !!! More so than my husband (that's what you get for laughing).

Last edited by Kelli702LovesCats; 08-26-2010 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: add

Old 08-26-2010, 12:57 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Thank heaven mine are stacked, with the dryer on the top. But I am still paranoid about one jumping in the front loading washing machine on the bottom. There would be no chance of survival after only a few minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats