Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:35 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,150 times

Advertisements

Most of our cats are just regular purrers, but we have a couple with really loud purrs that sounds like a motorboat, and a couple with a quiet purr.

The "silent purrers" purr like everybody else, but you can't hear it unless you put your ear right up against them.
You can also feel their purr with your hand when you pet them.

Sometime we will have three four cats sleeping with us at night and we fall asleep to a Purr Symphony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,072 times
my cat meona purrs all the time it kinda is annoying well all of everyones replys really helped peace (>")>

Old 10-20-2009, 05:26 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
Some cats purr very quietly. Others more loudly. One of our current cats, you wouldn't think she ever purrs if you didn't gently touch her throat and feel the vibration of her purr.

We were joking just the other night that if we put kitty to our ear maybe we can hear the ocean. Maybe you had to be there.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:27 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,764,790 times
My Carly didn't purr for the longest time...not for Years. But in her old age, she sometimes will now purr...and it's not very loud, but it happens.

One time, though, she started purring loudly, and it was as though she couldn't stop: she even drooled a bit, and I had to wipe it up. Then I began laughing a little and she gave me this look, and jumped down from my lap, in high dungeon. That made me laugh harder, (don't even think she didn't know she was being laughed at...) and and so she did her absolutely Worst & Mad behaviour: she turned her back on me and sat on the carpet right in front me in her 'hunching' mode!

She thinks this is doing just something terrible, I guess. Anyway, it's her most vengeful behaviour. (Isn't she a sweet softy?)

Old 10-21-2009, 04:08 AM

1,741 posts, read 4,574,803 times
Mine purrs a lot, and always has.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:41 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,011,903 times
My dear departed kitty was a foundling. She didn't purr for years. Then after 7 years or so (this was after we got a dog, too) we always got a giggle when she would purr loudly. I guess it took her time to get to her comfort zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats