Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 09:01 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,147,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
May as well sell farmers on feeding their cows and horses MEAT while they're at it.
Too late. That's already been done for cows anyway.

Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE): Causes and Consequences of a Common Source Epidemic -- Nathanson et al. 145 (11): 959 -- American Journal of Epidemiology
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Does it make good business sense for Purina to support animal welfare organizations? Of course.
And this is not being quibbled about.

But neither the OP nor myself understand Purina's support for a breast cancer charity, hence the title of this thread.

Your posts merely circumvent the issue.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:12 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
And this is not being quibbled about.

But neither the OP nor myself understand Purina's support for a breast cancer charity, hence the title of this thread.

Your posts merely circumvent the issue.
Women appreciate companies/brands/products that support Komen & Breast Cancer research.

Most Cat Food is bought buy women.

Its that simple.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:36 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,544 times
Quote:
Do you have any idea how many people would not have pets if they could'nt get good affordable pet food?
"GOOD" being key word here. PLEASE DO discuss why you think those ingredients should be digested (attempted, anyway) by these species?

CATS, being the obligate carnivores they are, were popular pets to hold down the rodents and other nuisances -- which is why they ever became pets in the first place -- centuries ago.

This "BIAS" is all in an Encyclopedia in your nearest Library. Just look up the entry for "CAT" and perhaps consider affiliating with an honest product if you really care about animals' well being, as you feel this company does with all their clever marketing propaganda.

I must add disclaimer: SHOULD PROOF that a cat is NOT an obligate carnivore ever surface, I will request all my posts regarding this matter be removed for "just making stuff up on the Internet."

Last edited by Travel'r; 12-17-2009 at 11:48 PM..

Old 12-18-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Women appreciate companies/brands/products that support Komen & Breast Cancer research.

Most Cat Food is bought buy women.

Its that simple.
All women? Really? Ya don't say....... . Purina took a poll did they?

And what about the women that are sick to the back teeth of breast cancer research getting all the funding? Should we just stop buying cat food? Switch brands?

Simplistic answer yes, but when it comes to marketing and advertising, "simple" rarely enters into the equation.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
All women? Really? Ya don't say....... . Purina took a poll did they?

And what about the women that are sick to the back teeth of breast cancer research getting all the funding? Should we just stop buying cat food? Switch brands?

Simplistic answer yes, but when it comes to marketing and advertising, "simple" rarely enters into the equation.
How you can take a good thing like a company donating money to cancer research and twist it into something bad is just un-frickin-believable.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:13 PM

622 posts, read 1,724,535 times
The thing is their motive is what's evil here NOT the cause.

They want to do this ( Purina) just to get more cats/owners to go down a road that leads to a cat dying or getting sick. NOT to actually help people... how much of the money do you think ACTUCALLY goes to that cause.

Furthermore how do you justify supporting a cause that could be solved in some cases( intense risk people) for allot less pain and loss by just getting the breasts removed at a young age say like before 20 then get fake ones, before the chance comes up.... for some its the only way,

Old 12-19-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
The thing is their motive is what's evil here NOT the cause.

They want to do this ( Purina) just to get more cats/owners to go down a road that leads to a cat dying or getting sick. NOT to actually help people... how much of the money do you think ACTUCALLY goes to that cause.

Furthermore how do you justify supporting a cause that could be solved in some cases( intense risk people) for allot less pain and loss by just getting the breasts removed at a young age say like before 20 then get fake ones, before the chance comes up.... for some its the only way,
So you're advocating all women have there breasts removed & replaced w/ implants to avoid the risk of cancer??? You actually believe this is a better way for our society to deal with breast cancer??? For a very small minority of women such radical intervention may be a viable option - at their chosing - but that's hardly a scalable solution, don't you think? What's next all men have their prostates cut out after they finish having kids?

Purina's supporting Komen because its a good thing to do & they hope it will get people to buy Cat Chow instead of Iams or Meow Mix. Something tells me you think ill of these other brands as well. Just what do you expect pet owners to feed their animals?

Old 12-19-2009, 07:40 AM

622 posts, read 1,724,535 times
I'm not saying its disireable or kind but it is better then death isn't it? Besides its very common for it to happen anyway reguardless of what happens. Chemo is more dangerous anyway. One of my co-workers has to have it done.

Anyway I didn't mean to open up a can of worms over the statement. Also I didn't mean to offend anyone here.

As for your other question- Good diets that actually respect a carnivores nature (Felines Pride, Instincts, Innova EVO). Sadly those kinds of foods are very rare compared to most foods.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
I'm not saying its disireable or kind but it is better then death isn't it? Besides its very common for it to happen anyway reguardless of what happens. Chemo is more dangerous anyway. One of my co-workers has to have it done.

Anyway I didn't mean to open up a can of worms over the statement. Also I didn't mean to offend anyone here.

As for your other question- Good diets that actually respect a carnivores nature (Felines Pride, Instincts, Innova EVO). Sadly those kinds of foods are very rare compared to most foods.
Natura, the co. that makes EVO & Innova sells dry cat kibble food with grains in it as well. (including under the Innova brand) Are they evil too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats