Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 03:05 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,354,821 times

Advertisements

Glad to know that other kitties like the closet. I guess he's not weird afterall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 03:19 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,769,802 times
Not weird at all. . .my Carly loves finding new, dark places to hide and then because she's old, she falls asleep there.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:01 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,604,392 times
LOL about the cat plotting your demise!! I always think of this when Cooper gets that big-eyed, crazy-cat look.

My cat always naps in the closet. He prefers a spot in the corner where he is surrounded by suitcases and bags! I agree that they like quiet, enclosed spaces where they know they can nap and not be disturbed.

At the moment Cooper is actually curled up next to me snoring! I love the sound of his snoring, it's so soothing!!

Old 04-16-2010, 08:42 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
When I first moved in with the spouse, I could have only so much room in the closet because he had builthis cat his own little kitty condo in the back of the closet. He was an aged cat, and spent a lot of his time hiding in there.

One of the cats we have now, Cookie, hangs out in a closet at times, mostly to get away from her bully of a brother. She carved out her own little corner in the back of the closet, among the yoga mats and boots. It's amazing how she crawls over all that stuff to find a little spot to curl up in.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:31 AM

622 posts, read 1,724,732 times
When we moved here with Bindi. Bindi took to kc's closet- fav spot in the house for winter, now that its spring he like the patio so he can try to escape.:

Old 04-17-2010, 08:02 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
When I was a child, we had a cat who liked to live in the rafters of the basement. He was the most beautiful cat I had ever seen. But he never came out of the rafters. People never believed we had a cat. We'd go down to the basement and pull him out of the rafters to show him off, then he'd run back to the basement rafters. I have no idea how he got up there. He was the weirdest cat. He only came out of the basement rafters to eat and use the literbox. Eventually, he started spraying the dirty clothes piles in the basement and my mother had him put to sleep. I heard years later that his behavior sounded like he had an infection in his brain. I guess we'll never know. All I know is that he lived in our basement rafters for 10 years.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
I have discovered recently that when I'm not home that my cat sits on a box inside of a dark closet. He has a large apartment to roam around, birds and trees outside so I find this odd.

Does anyone else's cat sit in the closet?
From time to time one of my cats pounds on the door to the linen closet until I open it for her. Then she leaps on the 2nd shelf and goes to sleep. So, the 2nd shelf is covered with old towels and sheets. I'd keep the door open for her all the time but it would interfere with traffic flow in the bathroom.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:11 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,981 times
Not strange at all. My cat likes to sleep in the linen closet or our closet if she can find something soft to plop on. And if the upstairs closet is open, she'll be in there instead of on her comfy bed. Or you'll find her looking out the window or sitting on top of the couch. Possibly it could be inside her favorite paper bag or her favorite box that has to have tissue paper in it. (She got that from Christmas presents.) It's whatever makes her happy at the time.

Some day I hope she tells me why she does what she does. And what the dogs do when we're gone.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:26 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,117,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
When I was a child, we had a cat who liked to live in the rafters of the basement. He was the most beautiful cat I had ever seen. But he never came out of the rafters. People never believed we had a cat. We'd go down to the basement and pull him out of the rafters to show him off, then he'd run back to the basement rafters. I have no idea how he got up there. He was the weirdest cat. He only came out of the basement rafters to eat and use the literbox. Eventually, he started spraying the dirty clothes piles in the basement and my mother had him put to sleep. I heard years later that his behavior sounded like he had an infection in his brain. I guess we'll never know. All I know is that he lived in our basement rafters for 10 years.
Basement Kitteh!!!

basement kitteh - Google Search

We have one of these too. We refer to her as our "differently-abled kitty" so as to be PC.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:20 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times
Closets!

In the hallway upstairs (great vantage point, you've got the doors to all the bedrooms, as well as the top of the staircase leading down to the main floor, front door, etc) - anyhow, this closet is wall-length, with wall-length sliding mirrored glass doors. It's where we keep all the towels, washcloths, handtowels, extra sets of bedsheets and linens, and ooooo - it's kitty heaven.

Any time of day, you can slide one of the mirrored doors over to reveal the shelves with their appropriate piles of sorted linens or towels - but it's like going to a kitty buffet counter when you slide that door open. There's always 2 or 3 pairs of blinking kitty eyes looking out at you from the top of one of their claimed "piles" looking at you like, "yes? *blink blink" can you close the door please? It's bright out there!"

They dont' live in there. They come out on their own time. Just being kitties!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats